Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Refund refusals on no-hires

We've all had the situation happen to us and it's very frustrating. You go back and forth with the client only to have them say, 'no thanks, we're having a friend do it for free ' To me it communicates that they never had any intention of hiring anyone but just wanted to 'see' what free information they could get from the professionals while we pay to educate them. And when we bring it to Thumbtack's attention, of course there is no refund offered. Why does TT think this is ok?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refund refusals on no-hires

@needsmorecoffee what you pay for is the initial interaction, not the hire. We get you connected to the customer, but it's up to you to seal the deal and win the job! I do, however, hear how situations like this can be frustrating. I'm more than happy to take a second look into this situation and give you further clarification. Just send me a private message with the name of the customer and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thank you Meckell, I will do so☺️
0 Kudos

... however, when I click on your image or the three dots next to you I have no option to p.m. you. I'm sorry I'm just not seeing how I can do that? Please advise. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@needsmorecoffee to send a direct message you'll need to click on that person's picture, view profile, and then the direct message button.

0 Kudos
bill1967
Level 5

Re: Requesting refunds

You are not alone. This very thing happens to me 4 times a day at 50+. No phone # no reply is not a lead to me. These leads are pushed to me also I never get a chance to really bid. I agree with you it should equal a no response reply.
jcarter613
Level 1

Difficult Customer and out of state Customers

What is our cancellation policicy?  I sent a draft to a customer, she did not like it, normally I request a deposit.  However, in an attempt to get more customers I lowered the price and did not request the non-refundable deposit.  She was a difficult customer and after the first edit she had multiple changes she wanted, she sent me examples, when I asked her the name of the font, she never responded.  I called her and she told me she was doing it her self.  

Please refund my fee for this customer Amy M. Knoxville , TN

I have additional text on my on phone in addition to the ones in Thumbtack.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Difficult Customer and out of state Customers

@jcarter613 Based on the conversation I'm seeing in the Thumbtack messenger, this doesn't qualify for a refund. You and the customer had an interaction, and that's what you're paying for. I'm happy to look into this situation deeper though. Will you send me a private message with a screenshot of the text messages between you and the customer?

Be sure to check out our refund policy and let me know if you have any questions about it.

0 Kudos
Rosa
Level 4

Hi, I'm Rosa Lagos, today I made a payment from two customers who do not accept, I need a refund, I

Hi, I'm Rosa Lagos, today I made a payment from two customers who do not accept, I need a refund, I can not pay for a client who accepts.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Hi, I'm Rosa Lagos, today I made a payment from two customers who do not accept, I need a ref...

@Rosa how it works is you're charged to get connected with a customer, even if it doesn't result in a job. Be sure to check out our refund policy and if you feel that these leads qualify for a refund, follow these steps to dispute that charge. 

0 Kudos