Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
HandyBam
Level 5

No Refunds for No Response leads? WT..!?

So, this is happening...
I respond to a lead that came to me (+ some other pros) and see I'm the only pro that did. I get no response from the lead so, I submit for a refund, of course. I'm then told I'm not eligible for a refund?
How is this considered putting a lead in front of me to close a deal with?
How am I to close any deal, when there's no interaction with the lead?
How does TT justify taking my $ for garbage leads like this?
I don't think it's fair, equitable, or ethical. For all I know, TT creates leads to boost revenue during slow periods.
Moderator Kameron

Re: No Refunds for No Response leads? WT..!?

@HandyBam I'm sorry to hear that lead didn't get back to you. One big thing to remember is that how quickly pros reply will have a direct impact on customer responsiveness. When compared to responding after 2 hours or more, if a pro responds in one hour they are 20% more likely to hear back from the customer, and 50% more likely when within 5 minutes. Right now I see that your average response time is just over 20 hours, so working to cut that down should be a big help.

Also, note that there’s no extra charge for following up with customers as much as you need, so you can reach out again and let the customer know you’re still interested in their project.

As for the statement that Thumbtack creates leads. I can assure you with the utmost certainty that this is not something we do at Thumbtack.

0 Kudos
HandyBam
Level 5

Thanks for that, Kameron. However, you failed to address my point of; why TT feels it's fair to retain my fee, when there's no response from said lead?
Since you brought it up, I'll also ask; Is my average response time a factor in determining if I'm eligible for a refund?
If a job is sitting there, unanswered by any pro, for hours or even days, I guess it's a Bear Trap, if I later determine I could then do that job (a match) and respond to the request.
By the way & w/ averages aside... my response times to the leads in question were less than 25 minutes. One, was as little as 14 minutes.

Thanks & I'll await another attempt to answer my question.
Moderator Meckell

@HandyBam response time is not a factor in determining if a lead is refundable. Be sure to check out our refund policy to see what does and doesn't qualify for a refund. At Thumbtack, you pay for that introduction. We introduce you to the customer and it's up to you to seal the deal. However, we understand that it is frustrating when a customer reaches out showing interest and then you don't hear back. We appreciate you voicing your concerns and we'll be sure to pass them along. 

0 Kudos
HandyBam
Level 5

Thank you Meckell. I have read the refund policy, at nauseum. When I dispute the charge, why is there a button for "customer stopped responding"?
So, how am I to "seal the deal" with ZERO communication from this so-called "customer" that TT has "introduced" me to OR in my examples, the customer only chose me?
If TT happily takes my money, they should qualify the leads they send to me!😠

So normally I respond within 10 mins...but if I later go back through the jobs and say bid on one from yesterday. Maybe because I see that no pros have contacted the customer or whatever reason. That would lower my avg. response time by figuring in the 24 hours later I responded into my act response time..then that being said would change the algorithm you use to send me leads less favorably for me, correct? How does this algorithm work?
Thanks, Scotr
0 Kudos
glaczy1
Level 6

This is ans has been the question regarding a policy that requires trust but offers no verication. This is a unsustanible policy for many  and is leading to Pros seeking to find work elsewhere. There has long been, an rightfully so, a question about what constitutes a legitimate lead that a Pro would be willing to pay for. This "ghost" lead is a total deal breaker, because as I see it, not to many people will fork over good money for bad leads, or in this case no lead. You can't charge someone for no actual contact with a real person and exspect to build a long term business this way. As it stands now we have a huge number of people who get the referral, so your competiton in huge, and prices for those leads have way increased in recent times, and that's if they even respond back to you.

So...in summing up! We, meaning as large pool of competion, get a lead and respond anyway. We've paid what is now an unresonable amount for this lead, and keep in mind most of us consider contact with a person as he only definition of an actual lead. So as in this example no one gets back to you in any way,shape or form and you're charged for that and told by TT that you're paying for the "lead" regardless of weather you've had an contact with a real human being or not.

We're forced to trust TT that there was an actual person there. The problem with that is that only Thumbtack benefits from such a seemingly unfair policy and that Pros juist have to trust TT about that. I think I can speak for ALL pros when I say that the answer to this problem, certainly from the many Pros who have voiced complaints about the policy, is that only actual human response qualifies as a lead. If they choose to respond to one or more Pros, only a verified contact with email address, phone number, and an exchange of information can constitute a billable lead. Trust but verify!!

I think that's a great place to start from before Thumbtack finds itself with an ever changing group of Pros who will eventually figure out that this policy doesn't pay for them. I'm sure that will still make you money for TT for a time but by then have become toxic with a reputation to match. Let's fix this before that happens! For Thumbtack to survive the people who generate your revenues must thrive as well. Thanks!

BVDBILL
Level 5

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

@DustiO  Yesterday I went through my charges for the last 30 days. I disputed 5 of them based on the terms listed for a refund. I was very pleased to see that Thumbtack acknowledged and refunded all of them. Not a huge return in money but a great gain in my respect for the program! Wait for it...HOWEVER...each refund had the copy and paste reply stating, "even though the charge for the lead is not eligible for a refund under our policy, we gave you a courtesy credit."

This should not read like this. I pointed out charges that fell exactly under the refundable policy and should be treated as such. Now I feel like when I go to dispute the next batch of charges I'm not going to get the "courtesy". I am so very grateful to see the team reviewing each charge and doing the right thing but please...do NOT call it a courtesy.

Thanks so much...Bill Hughes, BVDBILL

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Introducing the TackMaster program.

@BVDBILL I'm happy to hear that you appreciate knowing each refund request is reviewed by our teams. In those instances where you received the refund as a courtesy, there must have been a few details that kept the contact from being directly within our refund policy. If you'd like to get some further clarification I recommend reaching out to our support team so they can review with you and explain further. 

0 Kudos
littleladykk
Level 4

Re: Requesting refunds

Tina I am in the exact same boat! I’ve been trying to get refunded for people reaching out to me then ghosting...how does it make sense that we are the ones who pay for that?? If someone reaches out and then they don’t reply why are we getting punished!?

0 Kudos