Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Re: REQUESTING A REFUND

@jcp can you share a screenshot of the notification that you got stating the customer closed that request? I definitely want to look into that further! 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

l will of course.  I have to get a print out from ATT since I deleted it.  I have to go into the actual store or wait for it on my statement - it is not current at this moment.  In the next day or two I will.  

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

I have to wait to get the info from ATT to provide you with proof since my word isn’t good enough. I will do that. Since that was your concern in the entire matter. In the meantime, how about simply looking at the account of this Leah. She contacted three pros. Two responded. Said she hired different pro on my feed one hour after she reached out to us.. So she either hired pro B and had a phone conversation with them or not. You know the answer to that. So - one hour after she posted her request she “hired another pro”- - but Pro B responded 2 hours after she contacted them. Hum. Doesn’t make sense. If she didn’t have a conversation with Pro B either and did not hire Pro B - or me - obviously this person didn’t want to follow that path of filtering by requesting a phone conversation. She immediately closed the request. People do that. If it was a day or two later ok. But it was an hour later. So refunding Pro B and myself is the right thing to do. You have all the facts and times on this request process so think it through. When I get a chance to get to ATT or it shows up on my online account to confirm my message alert on the 3rd around 1:44 - I’ll get to you. But that is not the real concern here. It’s the process of the persons request and the unwillingness to recognize and offer a refund. Unless you tell me Leah hired and responded to Pro B. That simple. She wouldn’t call me but waited two hours and contacted Pro B.

Major department stores and even Amazon are more respectful and understanding of their customers refunds. Because they are their Customers and know that if they work with them, be more empathetic, they’ll come back and continue to be loyal customers. I have no confidence or desire in moving forward right now with Thumbtack.
jcp
Level 9

@Meckell - I got the proof from ATT that I received a text message notification from TT on Aug 3rd at 1:43 exactly as I said I did. Within a minute of me following up a second time with Leah R who contacted me directly for a phone conversation. This message said “customer closed the request”. Though I can not prove the exact message - but I can prove that TT sent me that message to notify me. How would you like the screenshot image?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@jcp thanks for letting us know! I'll pass this on to our teams so they're made aware that this situation caused some confusion as the customer did hire another pro. If you can track down that message and a screenshot of the exact notification, that would be helpful. If you can't no worries, we'll still pass this feedback along. 

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@Meckell
You are missing the entire point. I’m trying to get a refund on a request that a customer obviously changed her mind about the entire Thumbtack filter process or something. This is not “feedback” it’s a effort on many levels to get a refund back. I had 18 bs leads in July. 18! 2 hires. TT profited $300 off me and I earned $85. Only because I did get two refunds. Otherwise my profit would have been about $30. I’d love to get a refund on every single one that reached out to me and then never responded. I respond in within a minute or two every time. But I know TT has their strict guidelines. But a few of these I will protest.

I’ll say it again here. Getting charged for customers that reach out just to ask “are you available” - then never respond - when our calendar directs us to them through filtering - Is the biggest form of unfair business practice I’ve ever seen. The only question a customer should click AFTER seeing our price, samples AND knowing we are available - should be “I’ve read your profile and see your price and know your are available the day of my event and I would love to hire hire you”. Otherwise, It is not filtering. Otherwise, why keep my calendar up to date or show a price? It’s simply NOT what we are paying for to be filtered. Filtered means available, price, budget, travel area ..... we are paying to be filtered.

As far as my on going request for a refund on this lead - I’ve given every detail here. And have now obtained my cell records to back it up my claim. I’ll wait a couple days and hope to hear from TT team directly.

There has to be a change in these request for refunds and the filtering process. It is NOT filtering if you allow and direct the customer to ask if we are available. That simply goes against the filtering guidelines and we Pros should not be forced to pay for those leads. We should not pay for ARE YOU AVAILABLE or WANTS A ESTIMATE. There should be no questions! Just a choice to hire.

Finally, a customer that asks for a phone conversation and then never calls but actually closes the request ? $28 And no response?! And I don’t even get their info? If TT would actually be honest with me and tell me the truth about the actual time stamp of the 1 other pro that responded, if the customer ever contacted them and if the customer hired them - I’d have my refund by now. And for the other pro B who responded in two hours and paid for it? They should get a refund as well. Because it says the customer “hired another pro” and/or “closed the request” an hour after posting. And pro B responded two hours after the initial request. I’m asking for a refund for both of us pros that responded to this person. Because it’s the right thing. So I look forward to hearing from someone from Thumbtack with answers.

Moderator Meckell

@jcp as I mentioned in one of my past posts, if you look in the messenger between you and the customer, it indicates that the customer hired a different pro. These are not situations that we offer refunds for. I understand that it's frustrating when a customer reaches out showing interest and then you don't hear back after, however, it's not something we offer refunds for.  I encourage you to read up on our refund policy to learn more on what is refundable.

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@Meckell so you are telling me that this customer hired Pro B. Is that what you are saying? So Thumbtack Pro B - who responded in 2 hours after initial contact by customer - was hired by Leah R? Is that what you are saying here?
0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@Meckell - to give you an update on this refund I’ve been trying to get - Since you didn’t respond to my last question- I did some research and found out who the other Pro B was by simply finding out what Pro in my category on this request has 182 reviews. Only 1 pro. So I contacted him and he confirmed. Customer didn’t response to him either. He will be sending me the screenshots from his experience with this Leah since no one from your team will tell me. And she did not ”hire another pro” as the message in my inbox says. The customer closed the account as I said, immediately after I contacted a second time. This person obviously was playing around with the site and not serious at all! Therefore she immediately closed the request. It happens. But the team at TT should evaluate this lead fornwhat it is. All the information is there that indicated this customer was not serious or just fiddling around with the site. Look at my inbox - when was the last time anyone ever purposely “closed the request” or “hired another pro” . I don’t believe we get that notice at all anymore! Of the last 30 or more leads in my inbox, not one of them, except this Leah, has a closed or hired another pro noticed been given. So now I wonder what that means. All the people that ghosted me - they ghost everyone else? When I mark a customer hired, are the other pros getting a notice that “customer hired another pro”? If customers don’t contact or respond to anyone they reach out to on promote none of us should pay. Maintaining a positive relationship with your pros, Top Pros, will keep us happy and continuing to use the site and promote TT in the marketplace. For now, after the worst two months in five years on this site - I’m out. I’ll contact customer support on the phone with all the insights from this Leah Ross and the backup information that Pro B is sending me. Truly sad that you have all the information and can see this customer didn’t follow up with either of us - clearly showing they were just playing around with the site - and are not able to do anything about it. And allowing TT to keep the $28 from me and probably the same from Pro B. Truly disappointing and discouraging.

Darkemp3
Level 4

Refund

So in setting up my profile like suggested last night by one of your team members one of The things you asked me to do is reach out to My customers and ask them for review In doing so He accidentally contacted me on Thumbtack I have already painted his house and he’s already left me a review I feel this is a direct violation of your policy of been contacted twice please redact the $75 charge i’ve tried to do it through your automated page and it’s declined me
0 Kudos