Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Requesting refunds

Here's my suggestion & one that on different threads in these forums has been suggested multiple times by me & other service pros:

The service pro should have the right of first refusal & be able to decline any request & not be automatically charged. I don't care if the date on my calendar is open, meets my preferences, travel area, etc.  The way the TT disputed charge system works I would never get a refund again because of the fact the date on my calendar was open, lead met my preferences, etc. There’s no human factor allowed by TT. Mistakes are not allowed! This capitalistic approach that you folks at TT have is wrong on many levels. It’s almost like I’m being told that TT is ALWAYS right & me the service pro who, by the way, is also a TT customer is always WRONG. If I purchased an item at a big box store, on line retailer, etc. & decided that the product I purchased didn’t meet my needs do you think they would tell me “Sorry sir we can’t refund your money because our refund policy states that when you purchased that item it met your needs at the time of purchase & you walked out of the store with that item or accepted our delivery of that item. We are not able to offer you a refund”. Of course not. They would gladly refund my money. That’s what is wrong with the Promote product. There's no room for error. But if I pause Promote, I’m screwed because I won’t get any leads. Why can't TT  make this a win win for all involved? The Jobs tab (if you can call it that) is an absolute joke. I haven’t had a lead respond to me via the Jobs tab in almost 5 months now.

jcp
Level 9

@Hankster - you mentioned me in a response the other day and I was notified but went to read it and it denied me access. I read your comments here about the refunds having no human factor and no room error. I can not believe that this is acceptable and I went another month at a great loss for leads that just ask if I am available then never hear back. I am officially staying off the site until major changes. I’ve even had customer service tell me it’s probably best for me to “take a break” considering my reported numbers the last two months. You May have read in July I profited $85 and Thumbtack profit was $300 from me. The worst margin ever. 18 leads and 2 bookings. I do not recommend Thumbtack to anyone anymore. Not for pros and not for customers. I’ve been in business 20 years - I can kick myself for continuing a services that clearly is not set up for us to succeed or willingness to work with us as business partners. It’s beyond me why I have would have to pay just for someone to ask my availability when I am being promoted to them because my calendar says I AM AVAILABLE. It’s Thumbtacks responsibility to let the customer know that since that is the preference we PAY for when being promoted. Along with many other customer questions that are already provided before they reach out. So tell us TT - what is the point of Promote then? What am I paying for by being on promote? I thought the point was about filtering to get the right pro to the right person? Don’t let “are you available “ be a response click at all! Remove it. How about one response click that says “wants to hire you”. That should be the only click button option. Boy - I’d love to have another one on one conversation with Marco.
Hankster
Level 10

@jcp the reason you received that was because @Meckell deleted my post & sent me a private message for violating the Community Guidelines because I wasn't being constructive which I begged to differ with her. Please don't send me the Community Guidelines link again @Meckell I am more than aware of them. It wasn't a very lengthy response to what you posted@jcp In any event if you wish to reach out to me send me a private message. Have a good day!

Hankster 8/10/19

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

@jcp The conversation starter questions on Thumbtack are to me very vague to say the least. I've mentioned that in the past. A job poster shouldn't have to ask if you are available or ask for a quote. When they fill out the request they can get the answers to those questions on their own. I suggested this 9 months ago & multiple times since then on many different post discussions since that time. This in my opinion is the only conversation starter question needed “I read your profile & your reviews. I really like what I’ve read. Your reviews are awesome! I would love to speak to you further about my event/job. Please call me at (insert phone number here) or e-mail me at (insert e-mail address here). Thank you”. Not sure where that suggestion is at in the robust feedback system.

Hankster 8/11/19

Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 12

@Hankster 

Again, I agree with your suggestion!! There should only be 1 starter question, and what you mentioned is a great idea. It will prove to the Pros that "customers" have read our profiles and reviews. As it stands now, we have no idea IF anyone reads our profiles. They are just click happy, just price shopping. Our prices are in our preferences and profiles. It should be matched up with their requests.

As for refunds, I was denied a refund on one "customer" a couple of weeks ago, but decided to email support and see if I can get that refund, along with 3 other refunds for ghosts. I'm just tired of hearing "what's your availability", "what's your estimate", and being charged before knowing who the "customer" is and what event they are hosting..

DJ Stevie 8-12-2019

0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

@Hankster -

EXACTLY! The whole point of “promote” is the filtering process that are specifically designed for the customer to find the best possible match for their needs. Our “starting” rate is there - yes we are available that day. The only reason to contact further is because “I read your profile and viewed your work and would love to work with you”. That’s it! Thumbtack needs to guide customers so they understand these simple things that are costing us pros unnecessarily! And making us long term pros unhappy and disappointed. Is it that difficult? This would lessen the time we are on the phone pleading for refunds and start viewing TT as our supporter and business partner.

I now have a physical calendar/datebook for the year 2020 just for this nightmare problem of keeping tracking of days I've blocked off for Thumbtack.  Me -- "did I already block off November 20?  Did I unblock December 7 since my photo shoot got moved to another day?"  Something I don't really feel like adding to my daily responsibilities of running a business.  And if for some reason I forget to block off a day for either a family gathering, party I'm attending for a friend or a job that I just booked I'm totally screwed and can be charged up to $30.00+ for my error for not being completely up to date on my personal AND professional schedule.  I'm at home a lot working at my desk as a professional photographer but I really feel bad for the professionals that are in the car all day working or at people's home.  Beyond me how they keep up with this.  What would be better is if I get an inquiry for a job, I quickly look at my schedule on my Google calendar and then either accept or refuse the job based on if I'm available.  

DaniSLC
Level 5

I understand your frustration, this is why I no longer recommend TT to other pro's. I know the format has changed three times since I started in like 2016 ish and the newest is bar far the most frustrating. Ive paid more so far this year then all of last year combined but not reached more clients... ugh. I would say 90% of the ppl who are :interested: in my services never reply to me. Hopefully it just changes again soon. Good luck. 

I made a lot of money using Thumbtack last year.  This year I've made only 1/3 of that amount and I've improved my profile by a lot since last year hoping that would help.  It didn't. 

I directly contribute this decrease to the new way Thumbtack is doing business.

hisinc3510
Level 5

Yes, good luck. I get lots of responses asking for a quote and then never hear from them. I've respond 3-4 times but nothing. Big waste of money and thumbtack doesn't seem to want to address this issue.