Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
jcp
Level 9

Re: REQUESTING A REFUND

@Meckell so you are telling me that this customer hired Pro B. Is that what you are saying? So Thumbtack Pro B - who responded in 2 hours after initial contact by customer - was hired by Leah R? Is that what you are saying here?
0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Re: REQUESTING A REFUND

@Meckell - to give you an update on this refund I’ve been trying to get - Since you didn’t respond to my last question- I did some research and found out who the other Pro B was by simply finding out what Pro in my category on this request has 182 reviews. Only 1 pro. So I contacted him and he confirmed. Customer didn’t response to him either. He will be sending me the screenshots from his experience with this Leah since no one from your team will tell me. And she did not ”hire another pro” as the message in my inbox says. The customer closed the account as I said, immediately after I contacted a second time. This person obviously was playing around with the site and not serious at all! Therefore she immediately closed the request. It happens. But the team at TT should evaluate this lead fornwhat it is. All the information is there that indicated this customer was not serious or just fiddling around with the site. Look at my inbox - when was the last time anyone ever purposely “closed the request” or “hired another pro” . I don’t believe we get that notice at all anymore! Of the last 30 or more leads in my inbox, not one of them, except this Leah, has a closed or hired another pro noticed been given. So now I wonder what that means. All the people that ghosted me - they ghost everyone else? When I mark a customer hired, are the other pros getting a notice that “customer hired another pro”? If customers don’t contact or respond to anyone they reach out to on promote none of us should pay. Maintaining a positive relationship with your pros, Top Pros, will keep us happy and continuing to use the site and promote TT in the marketplace. For now, after the worst two months in five years on this site - I’m out. I’ll contact customer support on the phone with all the insights from this Leah Ross and the backup information that Pro B is sending me. Truly sad that you have all the information and can see this customer didn’t follow up with either of us - clearly showing they were just playing around with the site - and are not able to do anything about it. And allowing TT to keep the $28 from me and probably the same from Pro B. Truly disappointing and discouraging.

Darkemp3
Level 4

Refund

So in setting up my profile like suggested last night by one of your team members one of The things you asked me to do is reach out to My customers and ask them for review In doing so He accidentally contacted me on Thumbtack I have already painted his house and he’s already left me a review I feel this is a direct violation of your policy of been contacted twice please redact the $75 charge i’ve tried to do it through your automated page and it’s declined me
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refund

Hi there @Darkemp3. Please encourage your customer to give us a call at 800-948-2034 so they can talk with our customer support team to get this resolved. 

0 Kudos
guymini99
Level 5

refunds

Hi,

Another issue with refunds. I recently had a client request for my bar tendng service and after being charged and working with the customer she said she was going in another direction. When I requested the reason she said that she wanted someone to bae tend and also serve food which is not in my criteria. If you were in the bar tending busines you know that we legally cannot leave the bar. to do anything else. when I asked for a refund I ws told that the request only changed slightly. This is a major issue nit a slight change to the client original request. Has anyone else run into this situation?

thanks

Re: refunds

@guymini99, this is not a slight change, and you SHOULD receive a refund. They've added another component to the gig, and you are legally unable to comply if you wish to retain your bartending license. You would not have paid for or responded to this lead if you'd known the customer needed two services for the price of one, which also violate state law apparently.

@Meckell and @Kameron, can you please revisit this matter with @guymini99 online (in the public forum, where we can see responses), so we can better understand the reasoning for no refund? Thanks.
0 Kudos
guymini99
Level 5

Thank for your support. It just goes to show you how ununformed the person is about the duties of a bar tender. There needs to be more fexibility in there criteria.

Thank you,

Guy Ministeri

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@guymini99 thanks for reaching out about this. I looked over the messaging between you and the customer and have further clarification on why it was not refunded. We do indeed refund if the customer's job details significantly change, but that was not the case in this situation. You asked the customer why they didn't choose to go with you and they simply said that they decided to go with someone who offered a little bit more beyond what the customer was looking for. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any further questions about this! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
guymini99
Level 5

Why bother you apparantly have you mind made up.
In my opinion this is a significant change in her request. And by the way why should this be private conversation when all should see our conversation
0 Kudos

Re: Requesting refunds

I had 3 leads in a row were I paid to connect to customer and all 3 never have a replied back I asked for refunds on all 3 and were denied
0 Kudos