Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BobbyH
Level 2

Re: Requesting refunds

This has happened to me multiple times. i am being charged for jobs i bid on . Also i feel like a customer sending a generated form  request for my availability is not "customer contact". and how do we as pros know if that is even real? How do i know that these arent being sent by TT to claim my weekly max?   especially when i never get a response??  Where is the transparency? id love to know 

Moderator Meckell

@BobbyH we understand that it can be frustrating when you don't hear back from customers. I can assure you that all leads that are coming to pros are indeed from customers, not Thumbtack. 

0 Kudos
Marylyn
Level 6

That is a very common issue. I found one person who gave me a few bucks back on nearly $300 in non-responders. I follow up like a dog with a bone when I bid. It just does not matter. This is just the way Thumbtack is now handling pros....It has become unbearably expensive. If Thumbtack would make it VERY clear that the pro will pay to bib so please be courteous and reply. I think that would help. Clients tell me they did not even realize it cost me $75 to contact them. It just is not really boldly promoted on our behalf.   

GeorgeH
Level 8

Marylyn.. did you ever consider that maybe your replys are just being blocked?  That's one of the latest tools that Thumbtack has provided to the job poster.  They are able to block a pro from inundating their mailbox with a barrage of attempts to contact them.  It used to be that job posters were having big issues not hearing back from any pro's at all.. now the pendulum has swung in the opposite direction, and too many pros are responding too many times. 

DaniSLC
Level 5

Agreed, most people dont realise we pay just to respond to them.  Which is why the last format was my favorite, if brides/ bridal party are "just playing" or "curious" are contacting people with no intent to book we werent paying for it. But now with the "New leads" option the customer is 
"choosing us specificially" but not ever responding and we still pay. When I pay 10-20% for a job it doesnt really balance out in the Pros favor, and thats when you actually get the job, even worse when you dont. Everywhere else I expect to pay about 5% per job (ad's, wedding sites ect) I am especiaslly bummed because I have finally got Top Pro status and I hyst cant justify using TT anymore. I wish we could go back and update or two her on TT.

Alex19
Level 4

Requesting refunds

Requesting refunds
Hi,I am having an issue with TT refunding my account on potential clients that ghost me. I respond several times to an inquiry, but they never respond,please I need some help I stay spend lots ,money for the costumer just message me one time and a never get anyjob 
Moderator Kameron

Hello @Alex19, I’m sorry you haven't been hearing back from certain customers after they've reached out. While this instance isn't refundable, be sure to take a look over our refund policy for instances that may constitute a refund. You only pay the first time a customer reaches out to you, requests a call or estimate, or asks for your availability. There’s no extra charge for following up with customers as much as you need, so you can reach out again and let the customer know you’re still interested in their project. If you have questions or would like me to take a second look at the charge with you, feel free to send me a direct message including the customer name.

0 Kudos
PestbyMD
Level 5

@Kameron , that statement is no longer true as we have been told that after the initial contact on our part, anything afterwards is not being sent to the client. Which also contradicts a recent YouTube video produced by TT and a Pro stating she follows with clients weekly, how is her message getting through with your new policy in place? Again more in the dark on procedures as Pros and clients don’t know what is really going on....

Moderator Meckell

@PestbyMD It sounds that there may have been some miscommunication. Any messages that are sent to a customer are indeed received by them. There was a point where pros weren't able to follow up with customers through the Jobs tab unless the customer responded to them, but that's no longer the case. Is that what you're referring to?

0 Kudos
RattScallion
Level 3

In my humble opinion, we should not be charged for people who are just "grazing" with no intention of actually hiring.