Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
MMM_Memories
Level 7

Allowance for human error

Does TT give any allowance for the fact that the pros are human and will occasionally make a mistake on the app?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Allowance for human error

@MMM_Memories based on the information you've given here and that you had a conversation with the customer, it seems like a lead that would not be up for a refund. However, I'd be happy to take a second look into this with you for full context. Feel free to send me a direct message including the customer's name. 

0 Kudos
MMM_Memories
Level 7

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MMM_Memories sorry for any misunderstanding. Feel free to send me a private message to Kameron or I with the name of the customer? We're happy to look into this for you! 

0 Kudos
DNGVideo
Level 6

Refunds for Cancelled Jobs

Thumbtack has a policy of refunding certain transactions / jobs based on several criteria. One of them is the fact that you may be elligible for a refund if "The job details change significantly."

I proceed to quote:

"If a customer contacts you about a job that’s drastically different from the original lead (for example: in a faraway location, or for a job you can’t do), save the details and dispute the charge."

I recently requested a refund for such an occurance, where a customer was not significantly invested in the project, missed a conference call, and after 3 follow-ups, state that "Sorry I cancelled the project".

So to TT refunds team, I argued that this is a significant change in requirements from a certain job is required > to > no job is required. Which is along the lines of I need a "Video edit" to "I need a tutor to teach me how to edit my own videos".

I go on to quote a support agent Lauren:

"For example, if a customer submitted a violin lessons request and then stated in their messaging that they were looking for singing lessons, that would be something whose details changed significantly. When a job is canceled, the customer still has your info for when they're ready to continue with the project. Because Thumbtack has marketed your business to them, it's not something we refund for.

The policy has always been regarding job details themselves. We do not refund for canceled jobs."

But TT does not interpret a cancelled job as changing in requirements, but neither does it state anywhere in the policy that such cases where such "Changing Requirements takes place due to Project Cancellation" are not eligible for a refund.

So if this is all a matter of policy that is silent on certain cases, why does my interpretation of the policy be any worse than an agent who refuses to acknowledge that it would fall under a refund policy. After all, that is only that individual's interpretation of policy. 

The agent goes on to say:

"I am just letting you know that we don't refund for canceled projects. Canceling a project or putting it on hold isn't something we refund for.

Our job and promise is to market your business to interested customers. We are advertising your business - that is what we guarantee to do. You paid for us to advertise your business.

We put you in front of a customer who expressed interest in working with you. It's really important that we're on the same page regarding what you're charged for. There's a complete layout of it here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/what-leads-cost  We have never guaranteed that you will get hired, but we're here to partner with you to help make sure you're spending more than you make."

But the discussion isn’t just about getting hired, the whole point of Thumbtack is that they created an opportunity to make money by connecting a needing customer and a willing professional to perform a job, and they take a fee for that, assuming there will be a mutually beneficial outcome. The customer gets served by pros who deliver the required service and get paid.

The concept breaks down when you introduce the reality of non-serious customers, non-responsive, forgetful, lazy, or even fake customers.

While neither pros or TT can control what the customer does, but Thumbtack does control what it does with the value of money paid by the pro to TT for a chance to get a business. TT can control what they do with money earned from supposedly providing a real opporunity to earn someone's business, and in the case where the real opportunity does not exist, may I ask then, what did the pro pay for?

To contact a person who wasn't serious about a job and cancelled it? In the specific case, me and another pro initiated contact. Thubmtack walked away with $30/contact x 2 = $60, the pros walked away with $0 x 2, better yet, -$30 each.

The last thing I will say, we expect nothing when we pay Google, Facebook, or Yelp the advertising money. We expect so much more from Thumbtack when we spend customer contact money.  Thumbtack, don't be another careless giant that state "policy says shut up and payup!" You by design are supposed to be better. Rise to the occatsion!

Unlike suggested, we the pros don't pay for future potetial job with a client that has proven to be non-realiable source of jobs, not a good communicator, and the job requirements change from something to nothing, etc. We pay to compete with one another on this platform, make money, and in turn, make you money!

What we are asking is a credit, not a refund, you get it back anyways. It is just a matter of using those dollars on real leads, real advertisements, serious customers, responsive customers, etcetera. But I will fight for every penny we spend here, especially for lackluster, fake, non-responseive, ghosting customers that TT puts us in touch with. Because then it feels like we didn't spend it, we gave it away, wasted it, and will never see a benefit from it.

It becomes even more frustrating when as a pro, you are doing ALL of the recommended best practices  but continuously are bogged down by such bad leads and issues that TT is slow to address and tackle. I don' think you are here to succeed, while we fail. I don't think you are here to cash in advertisement dollars and profit as the pros continously dump money into the platform but see no return. You have to be concious that you are selling value. And if you sold something that has no value, at least give us the courtesy of another chance with the money we gave you. Because the day that we lose faith in TT, we stop using the platform, and that is not good for your TT business.

Thumbtack - we expect better! And believe that you can do better!

TechBear
Level 4

Incorrect lead

Hey there,

I would like to request a refund for an incorrect lead that we have received. The customer stated his website is built on WordPress, but it was not. How can we submit a request for a refund and address this in more detail.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Incorrect lead

Hey @TechBear, if you'll send me a direct message including the customer's name on the lead I can definitely take a look for you.  

Refund refusals on no-hires

We've all had the situation happen to us and it's very frustrating. You go back and forth with the client only to have them say, 'no thanks, we're having a friend do it for free ' To me it communicates that they never had any intention of hiring anyone but just wanted to 'see' what free information they could get from the professionals while we pay to educate them. And when we bring it to Thumbtack's attention, of course there is no refund offered. Why does TT think this is ok?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Refund refusals on no-hires

@needsmorecoffee what you pay for is the initial interaction, not the hire. We get you connected to the customer, but it's up to you to seal the deal and win the job! I do, however, hear how situations like this can be frustrating. I'm more than happy to take a second look into this situation and give you further clarification. Just send me a private message with the name of the customer and we can get started. 

0 Kudos

Re: Refund refusals on no-hires

Thank you Meckell, I will do so☺️
0 Kudos