Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Refund refusals on no-hires

... however, when I click on your image or the three dots next to you I have no option to p.m. you. I'm sorry I'm just not seeing how I can do that? Please advise. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Refund refusals on no-hires

@needsmorecoffee to send a direct message you'll need to click on that person's picture, view profile, and then the direct message button.

0 Kudos
bill1967
Level 5

Re: Requesting refunds

You are not alone. This very thing happens to me 4 times a day at 50+. No phone # no reply is not a lead to me. These leads are pushed to me also I never get a chance to really bid. I agree with you it should equal a no response reply.
jcarter613
Level 1

Difficult Customer and out of state Customers

What is our cancellation policicy?  I sent a draft to a customer, she did not like it, normally I request a deposit.  However, in an attempt to get more customers I lowered the price and did not request the non-refundable deposit.  She was a difficult customer and after the first edit she had multiple changes she wanted, she sent me examples, when I asked her the name of the font, she never responded.  I called her and she told me she was doing it her self.  

Please refund my fee for this customer Amy M. Knoxville , TN

I have additional text on my on phone in addition to the ones in Thumbtack.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Difficult Customer and out of state Customers

@jcarter613 Based on the conversation I'm seeing in the Thumbtack messenger, this doesn't qualify for a refund. You and the customer had an interaction, and that's what you're paying for. I'm happy to look into this situation deeper though. Will you send me a private message with a screenshot of the text messages between you and the customer?

Be sure to check out our refund policy and let me know if you have any questions about it.

0 Kudos
Rosa
Level 4

Hi, I'm Rosa Lagos, today I made a payment from two customers who do not accept, I need a refund, I

Hi, I'm Rosa Lagos, today I made a payment from two customers who do not accept, I need a refund, I can not pay for a client who accepts.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Hi, I'm Rosa Lagos, today I made a payment from two customers who do not accept, I need a ref...

@Rosa how it works is you're charged to get connected with a customer, even if it doesn't result in a job. Be sure to check out our refund policy and if you feel that these leads qualify for a refund, follow these steps to dispute that charge. 

0 Kudos
HandyBam
Level 5

No Refunds for No Response leads? WT..!?

So, this is happening...
I respond to a lead that came to me (+ some other pros) and see I'm the only pro that did. I get no response from the lead so, I submit for a refund, of course. I'm then told I'm not eligible for a refund?
How is this considered putting a lead in front of me to close a deal with?
How am I to close any deal, when there's no interaction with the lead?
How does TT justify taking my $ for garbage leads like this?
I don't think it's fair, equitable, or ethical. For all I know, TT creates leads to boost revenue during slow periods.
Moderator Kameron

Re: No Refunds for No Response leads? WT..!?

@HandyBam I'm sorry to hear that lead didn't get back to you. One big thing to remember is that how quickly pros reply will have a direct impact on customer responsiveness. When compared to responding after 2 hours or more, if a pro responds in one hour they are 20% more likely to hear back from the customer, and 50% more likely when within 5 minutes. Right now I see that your average response time is just over 20 hours, so working to cut that down should be a big help.

Also, note that there’s no extra charge for following up with customers as much as you need, so you can reach out again and let the customer know you’re still interested in their project.

As for the statement that Thumbtack creates leads. I can assure you with the utmost certainty that this is not something we do at Thumbtack.

0 Kudos
HandyBam
Level 5

Re: No Refunds for No Response leads? WT..!?

Thanks for that, Kameron. However, you failed to address my point of; why TT feels it's fair to retain my fee, when there's no response from said lead?
Since you brought it up, I'll also ask; Is my average response time a factor in determining if I'm eligible for a refund?
If a job is sitting there, unanswered by any pro, for hours or even days, I guess it's a Bear Trap, if I later determine I could then do that job (a match) and respond to the request.
By the way & w/ averages aside... my response times to the leads in question were less than 25 minutes. One, was as little as 14 minutes.

Thanks & I'll await another attempt to answer my question.