results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
afacetopaint
Level 5

Scammers

If the lead is from a scammer that is just trying to get you to take a payment for yourself and for another pro who is not able to take credit card payments (I know you all have heard of this money laundering scam that pros are hit with) is that something that would be refunded if you can see that conversation on thumbtack? Please do not reply with "I think it means" or "to my understanding"....

Please only respond if you have a rock solid black and white "this is the way it is" answer to my question.

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Scammers

@afacetopaint yes, this is definitely something that would be refunded. You can follow these steps here to report it, or you can contact us and we'll get you taken care of! 

afacetopaint
Level 5

Thank you. 

cs3756
Level 4

This happened in Northern ca yesterday and they tried again today.  Want to pay me 10 times the daily rate and send the "agent " the balance to hold until work is done, by cashing a large check made out to me and send the agent the balance.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@cs3756 did this customer reach out to you through Thumbtack? If so, can you send me a private message with their name and more info regarding the situation? 

0 Kudos
cs3756
Level 4

No they Tex said that is how they got my number
0 Kudos
JohnJ
Level 4

Quickbooks Hackers

I recieved a text message from 17242427741 ( they said they found me on TT) and asked me how much i charged to upgrade 18 HP computers, they said they were in the east coast, im in CA. They wanted me to send them a quickbooks invoice to them and add 3200 so that i can pay the delivery guy that was going to deliver the computers from the east coast to CA just so i can reinstall windows, they kept pressing me to send a quickbooks invoice, I told them my brother is a truck driver and he was on the east coast and he can pick them up, they told me that the delivery guy already had them they wanted me to send a Quickbooks invoice for like 6800, They couldnt use Square nor Paypal they said nor any other type of transfer only Quickbooks, Im guessing some kind of hackers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

Re: Quickbooks Hackers

@JohnJ I'm really sorry to hear about this. I've conducted a search through our database for that phone number you've listed and it yielded no results. So they are likely not someone who found you through Thumbtack. I do agree that this interaction does seem odd and recommend that you break communication with this person immediately. 

0 Kudos