Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: Service Pros - What Is Your Refund Policy?

Good to know. Thanks for your insights @TheLast10SF Have a good one!

Hankster 7/25/19

0 Kudos
TackMaster LZDNVG
TackMaster

I have a contract that is signed before any services are completed. It is mainly for liability (I go into client's homes or provide consulting/advice at times) but the contract also outlines the guidelines for proper cancellation policies and also what happens if either party needs to reschedule in cases of emergency. I'm very open about all of it and my clients appreciate that for the most part.

In my case, I am providing a service that can easily be rescheduled (unlike specific party dates), but I do not give refunds for my services and my clients pay upfront for any hours booked with me. The contract has helped me a lot but of course, I treat all situations on a case-by-case basis.

Catering
Level 6

Unless its an absolute emergency, and you have absolutely no recourse but to cancel, you cannot cancel.

If you do must cancel, you must find them another D.J................Non negotaible

0 Kudos

@Hankster : based solely on the example provided when you started this topic, my policy is the same in all my contracts. Full refund of any deposit(s) paid within 10 business days.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@LZDNVG @Catering @ChefOfAllSeason thanks for sharing your tips! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pgrether
Level 6

In the six years that I have been involved with Thumbtack I have only refunded money twice. If a customer is going to ask for a refund, I will give it to them, no questions asked! I don't really have a refund policy. If a customer has prepaid for lessons and they have to cancel I generally give them credit for that lesson. The customer and I generally reach a mutual agreement. Sorry for the late reply! Been very busy!!!

0 Kudos