Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
HansenJC
Level 9

Re: Status Request to TT Team

Is six months enough time to wait for results?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
GeorgeH
Level 6

Re: Status Request to TT Team

John, when I send a quote, it's usually within the first 3 to 5 minutes also.  I have noticed that while there always was a high ratio of "alien" leads that seemed to vanish after quoting, that ratio has increased with the new system.  In fact, it has increased to the point where it now is an important factor that I must consider before ever pressing the "send quote" button.  When our prices were lower, like 70% to 80% lower, I didnt mind kicking the bushes so much.  Now, with prices where they are, a pro can shoot their load on just a few quotes that turned out to be nothing more than aliens.... Like you, I have studied my results, and am looking forward to having more meaningful feedback from the system... Thank you TT for all that you do.

George

0 Kudos

Ghosting

I want to know if there any plans on fixing this issue. When using promote or even if you aren't using it. Many times a customer replies for the first time and then disappears to never be seen again, we, of course, get charged so as far as TT is concerned they are good.

We, on the other hand, have to pay for a "lead" that didn't even turn into an opportunity to actually provide an estimate and it doesn't matter how many times we follow up, the customer never responds. 

This happens to me all the time but this time I had to pay $75 dollars for it and that really hurts a small business like mine.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Ghosting

@jesuseldyablo85 Our goal is for customers and pros to be making that initial connection. Once the connection has been made we leave things up to the customer and the pro as to where the job will go. It can be tough if you're getting customers that don't get back to you, but the main goal is to convert enough of those into hires to make the misses worth it. There are some things that can be done to try and get an improved response rate. Congratulations on making Top Pro this last round. This will be a huge help in attracting customer's moving forward. You're also doing an awesome job with your first response message and following up, so keep those up. Aside from that here are some things that can help get you more responses along with improving your ranking.

After checking your Insights I found that your response rate (How often you respond to customers within 24 hours in the last 30 days), and response time (How quickly you respond to customers on average in the last 30 days) are just a little high. Working to get these down over the next 30 days will be a big help as responding within the first 30 minutes has shown a 50% increase in a job leading to hire vs responding after the first 2 hours.

Next, I'd recommend adding the following things to your profile. These will increase your profile score and ranking which we've seen have an effect on customer responsiveness. Aside from that keep up the awesome work that you put in to get Top Pro and continue to work on gathering more reviews to rise above the average competitor in your area of 18 reviews.
- Background check
- Any licenses you have
- 2 more past projects

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Kameron 

I think that the problem is the cost of leads we are facing. Even though I have seen some decrease in leads in my category(not by much), it's still high. I've voiced that with a few reps as of late. If the cost of a lead is reasonable, and customer never responds again, we don't mind losing. As my father always said "you can't win them all". But the current system has majority of the Pros thinking twice about using Promote on a regular basis.

0 Kudos
SharonM7
Level 6

@DJ Stevie, I get that the prices can be too high, but the problem is if they're cheaper, I guarantee you you'll be competing with even more pros. Obviously this will decrease your chances further and overload the customer.

If TT goes lower, I think it should be minimal. What's the point of paying less and having a weaker chance of winning the job? It's a tough balance to strike. The reality is that there's a ton of competition in all our categories and I doubt that's going to ever change.
DJStevie
Level 9

@SharonM7 

I'm not suggesting prices to go drop bottom low, but may I ask, what do you consider to be minimal to each job category? As it stands now, if we use Promote, we get charged for every conversation starter. Many pros have issues with that because of the pricing. I've given suggestions on improving Promote, as have other Pros. I would love to see the lead cost before sending a message/quote instead of being surprised. Some Pros don't mind being surprised, but many, including myself, would love to see the cost of the lead, even after the conversation starter. Then we can determine if that customer is a good fit for us.

Highlighted
SharonM7
Level 6

@DJStevie I can't speak for other categories, but for my categories, they're reasonable. If they drop any lower, I don't think it would be a good outcome for the pros or for the customers.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@SharonM7 

If pricing is reasonable for your categories, that's great to hear. But for mine, they are still high. Other Pros in my category, as well as other categories,  have voiced that same concern for months now. 

I know from speaking with reps and moderators (messages  here, and via phone) that changes will be coming, but it does take time I'm told, I get that. But what is a happy medium for everyone? I don't have that answer.

@Kamerondoes Thumbtack have reps for each category for Pros to reach out to and who understand concerns for pricing and jobs in each category? This way, any Pros who have issues not take it out at you and @Meckell and other moderators. Just a thought. Currently, I'm working with a rep via phone/email who understands my situation, concerns, and suggestions for improvements.

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie since there is such a large number of categories we don't have assigned representatives to each one. Our support team is there to help the pros of any category to make sure that pros can get assistance as needed. When we pass along feedback about pricing it will go to those that review prices continually it for all categories. Glad to hear, however, that you've been able to get additional assistance via email and phone.