Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
MR
Level 11

Status Request to TT Team

Over the past several months there have been quite a few messages on these boards regarding client dissatisfaction in the new pricing system that TT has implemented. Clearly TT is trying to move things forward, but to date, the results are still not where they need to be, at least from the Pro's perspective.

I have read many responses from TT moderators such as "we are looking into this" and "thanks for the great input," but to date have not read any substantial information about where TT is regarding fixing these issues.

I know I speak for many on these baords when I say that I am eagerly awaiting some news as to what the developers at TT have been working on that will make the TT experience one that is beneficial for all parties: The people needing services, TT and the Pros. 

So my request to TT is this: When can we expect a status update as to when we may see material changes (not just tweaks) to the system that will return TT to being the cost-effective and user friendly system we hope it can be again. I am not requesting details on the changes here, just a timeline as to when we should expect improvements. In this way, Pros can make an informed decision as to whether staying on TT makes sense for their marketing strategy, or not.

Thank you.

20 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Status Request to TT Team

@MR 

Love this post!!!

I know that in @CourtneyF thread from last week, @LydiaH replied to my comment stating that they are getting ready to lauch a monthly product update where we can get  a quick summary of monthly changes. We shall see.

In agreement with you as my comment to Courtney was similiar to what you are asking, when can the Pros see a timeline with expected improvements. After all, the moderators all have said "we are looking into this", "thanks for the great input,""your feedback is being passed on", etc..

With the continued dissatisfaction of many Pros, more in recent weeks, here in the Forum with the new pricing system, no changes are yet coming. Yes, from my conversations with reps via phone and the Moderators , the system is moving forward but until improvements are made, I continue to use the manual system and with success as I have had last year.

@MR you specifically address the latest pricing system that's been implemented. Our pricing system, in terms of when a pro is charged, is still very new and much more effective and fair than the previous system where we would charge pros per quote they sent even without a customer response. We'll always be gathering pro thoughts and feedback on when they'd prefer to be charged as we work to improve, but that specific aspect isn't likely to change soon. As far as how much a pro is charged when they are contacted, it's always subject to change. Our teams are constantly reviewing and reevaluating the prices that we charge pros. Are there more specific parts of the site; maybe for your category, that you personally were hoping to see changes in?

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron. Thank you for the response. Regarding your comment "Our pricing system, in terms of when a pro is charged, is still very new and much more effective and fair than the previous system where we would charge pros per quote they sent even without a customer response" is not quite accurate as you refunded the pro's cost if the lead never read the bid which was of great value to the pros. My experience is that I pay for a lot if leads that seem MIA when I try to connect with them. Also it seems like I get far fewer lead chances in the new system than when I was able to bid on jobs. When that system was in place I had a very high lead conversion rate. Now, using the same messaging to leads who never respond has a very low conversion rate. I am less concerned about price vs the opportunity to go after high value leads. I would rather chase leads who are interested in the type of work I do vs having them find me and never respond

@MR If a customer is reaching out to you through search results, they are already one step ahead and are ready to get the ball rolling on their job. Make sure you respond to those quickly as we've seen pros have a higher conversion rate when they are quick. If you would rather reach out to customers versus them reaching out to you, you can still do that by quoting on jobs through the Jobs tab.

You have a great profile and something that really caught my eye is the initial message you send to customers, great work! One thing I would recommend to you would be to follow up when you haven't heard back. Sometimes a little nudge can go a long way and will get the customers re-engaged. 

Thanks for reaching out about this! We want Thumbtack to work and are here for whatever you need. If you have any questions or feedback about anything else, please let us know. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Meckell.   All good advice, thank you very much. 

For the leads that go radio silent when we send them a response, would it be possible to get an indicator that our response was read by the lead? At least that way we would have a better idea if we are following up with a warm lead or a cold lead.

@MR I can see how that might be useful for further follow-ups and will make sure to submit the suggestion.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Meckell, How quick is quickly enough? I respond in 1 to 3 minutes and the line goes dead. Click.... silence. And it seems every request has one contact within the first 30 seconds of me looking at the request. Does this actually mean that the customer and the Pro they wanted to hire have made their deal in less time than it takes for my phone to connect to TT? I am getting nothing lately. Is there only one Pro in my area getting all the work? I really, really need to get some useful insight. The insight that TT currently sends me is of little or no value. Tell me who is getting all the work.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections

@HansenJC we've seen that responding in the first thirty minutes gives you 50% more of a chance of the lead becoming a hire. That's good to hear that you're responding quick!

When you rank higher, there's more of a chance that a customer will reach out to you. This post here has a lot of very useful information on how to improve where you rank. I'd encourage you to check it out and implement those tips to your profile.

Once you do that, give it some time to see if you're getting more leads and jobs. Let us know how it goes! 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

I have heard this and read that all before.... I respond in 1 to 3 minutes. When I receive the request, there is already one Pro who has responded. And then nothing. Have I been blacklisted by TT?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections