Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MarioRamirez
Level 6

30 Day refund Policy

So thumbtack has a 30 day refund policy on fees.

I was backtracking some " LEADS " as many suspect things have been happing and I see its a pattern I never saw before.

But because of this 30-day policy, I can't get a refund. Has anyone else backtracked their " leads" to find many suspect ones that should get refunded? 

Moderator Meckell

Re: 30 Day refund Policy

Hi @MarioRamirez you are correct that it's listed in our refund policy that you must dispute a charge within 30 days of the charge in order for it to qualify for a refund. The next time you have a lead that you think may qualify for a refund, follow these steps here to dispute the charge in your Thumbtack account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DNGVideo
Level 6

Refund Policies Are Too Vague

It appears that the policies are not very well written and are not keeping up with the growing complexity of the system.

For example: The customer’s first contact is a “no thanks.”

We don’t charge when the customer’s first response is a clear no. If a charge slips through, dispute it and we’ll fix the error.

In this case, the policy isn't well written, and does not sufficiently cover the current state of the system. The same policy existed since the time where Promote feature was not developed yet, and the customers actually "responded" to qutoes or something a Pro had to write in order to convince the customer that they are the top pro for the job. 

But what happens when the promote feature is on? The customer may select to inquire about availability via pre-defined auto prompt: "When are you available?" (which by the way, is the case for every single recent inquiry we received). But is that a customer response or an inquiry into availability? Most will agree with the latter, since we never really had a chance to say anything for them to respond to it.

Let's say we respond with "We are available any time!" And then whatever follows is, in my oppinion, a true response (customer typed response to our written statement, being a huge factors in this).

So in a real world case:

1. Cusomer A requested your availability.

2. When are you available?
    Customer A's availability: Dates: Jun 16, Jun 17, Jun 18, Jul 2 Time: Evening (after 6pm) Open to other dates you suggest

3. Pro response: Would love to capture the special moment. Please let me know if you wish to book a certain date.

And now... the Customer A responds:

"Thanks for your response! We no longer have a need for your services, but we appreciate your time."

In this real world scenario, the customer inquired about availability via auto prompt, and then went on to provide a response to our statement. 

Customer's first contact isn't a response, it is an inquiry. Customer's response to our statement is indeed a response. In this case, this should be subject to the refund policy which clearly states: "We don’t charge when the customer’s first response is a clear no. If a charge slips through, dispute it and we’ll fix the error." 

Thumbtack argues that the initial inquiry qualifies as a response. I beg to differ. When Promote is on, it is not physically possible to receive a prompt with a "clear no" right away. Therefore, the policy does not apply, or it should be considered that the first actual customer written language is what constitues a "response". Otherwise, this policy does not at all apply to Promote deals, because it is physically impossible to ever apply it in such case, as all inquires and auto-prompts used already count as a first response. Which does not make any sense.

And so, if the policy is unclear, ambiguous, and is poorly written or not congruent to the current state complexity, then it should be revisited and rewrittent to clarify.

nora
Level 6

Re: Refund Policies Are Too Vague

I agree whole heartedly.  To me, asking for "Availability" is simply fishing.  It doesn't constitute a true lead, as they may have only been shopping and not sincerly interested in hiring a pro.  And in asking for availability, what is it that they are truly asking? Am I available for a phone call? A Meeting? or to perform the work? All of which equate to entirely different time allottments.  Can availability be more specific, please? 

That being said, it is not only the Refund Policies that are Vague, but so are the details that are submitted to the Pro.

For Example, I get a request for "An Estimate", yet the job details are only prompted responses with no actual details of what the project would consist of.  Regardless of whether I attempt to cover the basics in my response, I feel that not responding with an actual esimate [which was the request] and selecting N/A is likely to annoy the "lead" [term used loosely] and therefore the lead doesn't respond further.  

mm
Level 7

Re: Refund Policies Are Too Vague

I had this exact thing happen to me this week. And no refund. This really needs to be addressed.