Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Suggestion on Refund Policy

@Kameron @Meckell 

I have a suggestion for the refund policy. The pro should be refunded if all these conditions are met:

1. Lead uses the presets "Whats your availability" ,  "Can you give me an estimate" etc and no other response

2. The Pro responds within 5 mins

3. The Pro does Follow ups once a day

4. The Lead does not respond for 7 days

This seems fair for the Pro and TT. 

14 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Suggestion on Refund Policy

@MidknightGenius 

I like this idea, but I would give it 5 days for a lead to respond, instead of 7. In my business, I could have someone waiting for me to reply or wants to book the same date as a customer that keeps us waiting.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MidknightGenius thanks for your suggestions, I'll be sure to pass this along! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell: if a job poster replies with “ we are going another route”. Does this constitute a “no thanks” and qualify for a refund?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason is it the customer's first response or interaction with you? Did they reach out to you through search results prior to saying that or is that their response when you sent them a quote through the Jobs tab? 

0 Kudos

@Meckell :  Yes, that would be their first response.

Good question. I should have said that before.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason In our refund policy it states, "We don’t charge when the customer’s first response is a clear no. If a charge slips through, dispute it and we’ll fix the error."  So, if their first response is a clear no and you get charged, please dispute it! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell : "I am going another route" means no, no thanks in the common usage of English. Are you saying that because the word "no" is not used in that sentence, then I would be charged for the lead? They both mean the same thing. BTW- disputing anything with support is a long and timely process. Please tell us with a direct yes or no if Thumbtack defines "going another route" as different than "no".

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason I agree that "I am going another route" is a no and would, therefore, qualify for a refund (if you're charged.) However, each situation can be unique, so if you're charged for something along those lines, I encourage you to dispute the charge or reach out to us so we can have a conversation with you about it. 

@Meckell: Kudos for the incredible speed in your response. Thank you.

0 Kudos