results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Boothglam
Level 4

TT charging for quotes and never getting hired

I found myself thinking this was going to boost my business but instead it’s just hurting it with me having to pay for a single question a client has. Usually you don’t get hired customers just want you to send them quotes so they can compare pricing and you’ll never hear back from them. And still you have to pay for a service you didn’t provide and it’s crazy charges come right away.

Occupations (1)
31 responses
Moderator Jordan

Re: TT charging for quotes and never getting hired

Hey @Boothglam Thumbtack charges for the connection and then landing the hire is up to the professional. So, while I know I can’t fix your concerns about the way Thumbtack charges professionals, I am here and I want to see how we can make this work. The biggest help in getting hired is your profile (think of it as your resume). Customers can get a feel for your quality with reviews and pictures will get their imagination rolling with what their party can look like with your photo booth. There's a Get Hired article in the Pro- Center that I think could really help you. It highlights the importance of pictures and how to get reviews from people you've worked with outside of Thumbtack.

Dymund
Level 5

I disagree it matters not how your profile is, even if you lower your prices I fiund many customers want something for nothing, or they are fake leads that doesn't respond once they send 1st message and what tthe pro is charged

Highlighted
Lcf
Level 5

Right, because I check and try to make my profile better everyday, but when you have other 14 people fighting for the same lead, you will likely lose. This week I had to pay for a lead that received my quote, asked me a question and cancelled the request all in 2 minutes! Talk about fake leads!
AAW
Level 6

Our profile has nothing to do with getting hired when we have different services for different situations. On top of that, now we have to get SOMETHING up fast and sent to the client just in hopes that they will see it before they get bombarded with other emails and give up looking at the rest. Our profiles are a horrible way to give a client a quote when we don't know exactly what they want or how to respond. They can look at our profile anytime they want, it shouldn't be the first thing we have to send because each client needs a different response. The quote templates you had were perfect, because then we can just pick the ones we have done already.

Moderator Meckell

Hi @AAW I know that it can be frustrating to feel like you have to rush to send a quote to a customer. That's why we have Instant Match. It makes it easy and convenient to send out your information, literally instantly. I see that's it's available for two of your categories. Have you considered trying it out? Do you have any questions about it? This video is full of info that might be helpful, check it out: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/turn-on-instant-match. Of course, I'm always here if you have any questions.

AAW
Level 6

Yes i have tried it and i don't like it. It will just send a basic quote not know details and if im busy and can't do any more jobs at the moment it still sends them. Then i have to keep turning it off and on always. As stated with a lot of pros on here, we can't personalize a basic template quote for everyone, it doesn't work for most of us.

@AAW Hopefully you have set up some quote templates that you can use within 3 minutes via your cell phone.
You can do this if your instant match is turned off. They can't force you to use instant match. And you have control over your quote and the time available explained to the potential client right away. Or you can just click "pass," & TT will not send out quotes on your behalf if you're not available.
AAW
Level 6

Yes that is what i do.Smiley Happy

I was just responding to the moderator.

0 Kudos

I know, 😊 but I just thought I could help too. Sometimes the moderators just respond with a scripted message and don't offer other possibilities for us.
They keep saying instant match will solve everything.