results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Russ86
Level 5

TT charging for quotes outside of my budget preferences

When you will stop charging me for leads what I'm not interested? I have clearly stated my price is $350 for 1 hour. Why I receive leads with budget Under $500  for 4-6 hours? and I'm paying this? I'm not interested to get a job for $500 for 4-hours 100-200 miles away from my home.

Your estimate
$300/Hour

When
Date: Sat Jul 20 2019 Time: 5:00 PM Length: 4 hours

Budget
Under $500, $500 - $1000

and

Your estimate $350/Hour

When Date: Sat Jul 13 2019 Time: 2:00 PM Length: 6 hours Location Wilkes Barre, PA 18705 Number of guests 101 - 150 guests Desired type of service $$ (Standard) Budget $500 - $1000

2. I have already suggested many times 2 month ago to add for videography like is for photography a option to state my price for 4, 6, 8, 10. Because a videographer can have one price for 1 hour and a different price for 8 hours.

I will stop using thumbtack until I get my money back for this wrong leads and you fix this issue.

TT:

I hope this email finds you well. Our team has finished examining the quote and found that this is a valid charge as we do not filter out requests by the pro's rate. In regards to your suggestion about adding pricing per hour for videography services, I will create a follow up for this one as we're still discussing our received feedback and we're still thinking of a way on how we can implement it here in our site.

Rest assured that we are reviewing every feedback that we are receiving along with it's details to make sure that we'll be able to cater out to your needs and for us to improve our site and community further.

Should you have further questions and clarifications, please do let us know and we're always happy to help.

All the best,

Tristan
The Thumbtack Support Team

0 Kudos
2 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: TT charging for quotes outside of my budget preferences

@Russ86 thanks for sharing your feedback on how pricing is set for photography vs videography with our teams. Your insight on why we should align those two to be similar is certainly valid and valuable.

As for seeing jobs outside of your travel area, I checked on your Services page to find that "Suggest jobs near my travel area" was turned on. I've now shut this off for you. I also wanted to make sure that your travel area is set correctly. I checked your travel preferences here to see that your travel area is currently set to cover quite a large area reaching from Delaware to Massachusetts. If this is incorrect then be sure to adjust this accordingly. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
Russ86
Level 5

Re: TT charging for quotes outside of my budget preferences

@Kameron Thank you but I have not requested to shut  off  "Suggest jobs near my travel area". I don't have any problem with this. My post was about wrong leads. My price is $350/h but I have received 2 jobs with Under $500 - 1000 for 4-6 hours and I paid for this. This is the reason why I have disabled PROMOTE option.