Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
RuffHDT
Level 6

Talking to the man

Hello there fellow Pros. I have an appointment to talk to the man (Marco) this evening and we are going to discuss the pricing structure. IN A FEW WORDS, please let me know what your suggestions are. As a user for over 3 years, I know how it was and how it is now, so the obvious pricing adjustments will be the main topic. Proposed solutions? What you got?
0 Kudos
5 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Talking to the man

@RuffHDT 

Congrats in getting a meeting to with the man!

With the two of you talking about just pricing structure, the cost of leads have to change(whether using Promote or not). As a DJ, lead pricing varies from $20-$40, sometimes higher than that. Why not keep it at just one cost, on the lower end? Higher end makes it impossible for us to keep to our weekly budget after 3-4 conversation starters if using Promote, which is one of the reasons I use the manual system( I have more success with that system)

I also messaged you.

Thanks for posting, Steve

Hankster
Level 10

@RuffHDTSo how did your meeting with Marco go yesterday? Please share.

RuffHDT
Level 6

It was really good. Marco is very much human and understands that the pricing is jacked up. We spoke about the promoting situation, that it's too much money and sometimes the jobs don't match what we are looking for. We spoke on the lack of refunds if we don't respond or if the customer doesn't respond. We spoke on possibly going back to the old way of quoting. Reasoning, if we pay to send that initial message and the customer doesn't respond, we get a REFUND. We got refunds when quoting was cheaper and now we don't. We spoke on sub par customers that are just the same as they were 3 years ago. We spoke on him conducting a live Q&A session for us to ask and have questions asked in real time.

They're still trying to figure out the pricing, my recommendation was the way they did it 3 years ago. Have patience, as hard as it is, and trust that if anything, I'll reach out to Marco if things are really screwed. My suggestion in the meantime, turn off promoting and quote individually. Yes, it's a little more money, but until they figure things out, at least you can Male the decision on who you quote. There's no timeline on a solution, at least as far as I know. Keep hope alive @Hankster!
Hankster
Level 10

Thanks @RuffHDT for sharing. I've been manually quoting now for months. I like to be able to make my own decsions on which jobs I want to submit a quote on. I never have & never will use Promote. I've been with TT since 2009. My patience has been tested multiple times over those years. Hopefully this time around we will finally see some real positive changes with TT.

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Get rid of the algorithm for pricing. Have one flat fee for small jobs. One flat fee for medium jobs. One flat fee for large jobs. I'm in the DJ category. What is considered a small, medium & large job? I've asked TT support & posed that question in these forums. No one has an answer. I would imagine Marco would have that answer.