Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
Highlighted
PattyB6
Level 6

Re: The need to come together as one LOUD voice

@Meckell, I'm sure it took some time to come up with these changes but during that time Thumbtack wasn't putting small businesses out of business. I read over and over about pros who haven't gotten hired since the changes took effect or who have gotten hired but the accumulated total of all the charges for all their contacts add up to more than they made on the one hire. Small businesses cannot wait for months while your teams straighten out this mess! Why not revert to the old system WHILE you work on coming up with a better way? If this continues, Thumbtack will have lost so many pros that they might not recover the status TT used to hold. The unhappy pros will tell everyone they know and not just the ones they know in the same business, but every single small business owner they know. I've started seeing very negative things about Thumbtack on other forums for small business owners. People are NOT saying nice things about Thumbtack and are telling other business owner to stay away, far, far away. I know some of the other moderators have told us that you really don't care about your negative reviews or about things like Facebook pages set up specifically to warn away other business owners, but seriously...how long can you sustain a business that has lost it's reputation and it's best assets? It is going to be an uphill battle for Thumbtack to regain the reputation it once had among small business owners. I just came from a wedding in the metro Atlanta area where I overheard the photographer, DJ and videographer, who were all hired on Thumbtack many months ago, saying they had either already cloded their Thumbtack accounts or were planning to very soon. The photographer hadn't been hired in 3 months in spite of over 100 5 star reviews. I didn't take part in this conversation, I just listened to all this sadly, knowing they were all telling the same thing to vendors at every wedding they are doing during this very busy wedding season in Atlanta. Negative word of mouth has killed many, many businesses...just saying. I have decided not say negative things about Thumbtack and give them a chance to fix this mess but my business also can't last forever with these high prices and low hire rate.

AAW
Level 6

I believe you guys are really going to make this work and will fix it, i really do, but i think this has been such a bad taste left in the mouths of a LOT of pros, you should give some free credits or whatever it is that will be offered when its fixed, the help with the burden we have had to deal with for a long time, and spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars up until the problem is fixed. You will gain much more that way because no matter what, we will still feel the sting of what is happening with these prices right now. If you take a hit like we have had to do, you will earn much more respect than just 'fixing it'. You will win either way, we have already lost...

PattyB6
Level 6

@Jordan @Meckell, you do realize that no one believes this any longer, right? I was told by an agent on the phone that I need to learn how to work with the new system because it is what Thumbtack has decided will be the way of the future. No changes are in the works and we have to accept the "New and improved" Thumbtack. She also suggested if I was as unhappy as I indicated, I should use a different platform as "there are many others out there." 

Moderator Meckell

@PattyB6 Yes, the overall vision isn't changing and Instant Match isn't going away. What we're making changes to specifically is price transparency, and yes, it's in the works. I recommend checking out Marco's video that explains what the vision is, you can see it here: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Community-news/A-message-from-Marco/m-p/2322#M17.

PattyB6
Level 6

@Meckell,
This is what comes up:

An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.
0 Kudos
LF722
Level 4

Okay, so you say I'm right, then turn around and use the same excuse Jordan used. Really?

And we don't want price transparency. We want the system of pricing to change. Preferrably to something reasonable. 

Hi Meckell,
So are you saying the only changes that Thumbtack is trying to implement is the transparency of the tripled charged quote system? I don't use instant match I still have my regular quotes that I've saved and I've always use them. I don't know why people are saying they're not available mine are still available to use.
If all Thumbtack is going to do is add "some transparency " to the triple charging that they're doing then they're not listening to the pros. Also I want to add that in a previous post someone was looking for a cleaner and couldn't seem to find anyone that fit their needs. However she received several emails from TT to her to message more Pros. I can only see this encouragement as an incentive to make more money for Thumbtack because the more Pros that are messaged and respond obviously the more money goes into Thumbtack's pocket. However the person looking for a pro is not getting satisfied. When did you guys decide that clients and Pros were less important than your bottom line?
We ARE your bottom line. We. as Pros, helped you build this company to what it is today. I personally have been with thumbtacks since 2014 and a Top Pro since 2015. Thumbtack has been incredibly helpful in helping me build my business. I recommended it to all of my other photographer friends here in the Tampa Bay area and I know many of them tried it. Some stayed with it some did not. I stayed with it because it seem to work for me. I don't work full-time because I'm injured and this was the perfect venue for me to find local clients.
But if Thumbtack is refusing to address the problem of tripling their prices for the same quotes, and is just working out how to make overcharging us easier to see, then obviously you guys aren't listening to us and don't seem to care about our opinions. The canned answers are getting old...
Respectfully,
Leigh Clifton
Studio656west
Studio656west@gmail.com

Hi Mekkel,
My post came through twice I have no idea why so I'm deleting the second one.
Respectfully,
Leigh Clifton
Studio656west
Studio656west@gmail.com
0 Kudos

Wow Patti...
A rep seriously told you that on the phone??
Can you give me a call later on tonight?
Thx!
Leigh Clifton
Studio656west
727-410-8559
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,
so apparently according to another moderator Mekkel? What's being worked on is NOT bringing the prices down but trying to find a way for TO SHOW MORE transparency to see what the prices are. I don't think you people are listening to us. If you're going to keep this model of the prices being so high you will lose all of us especially the ones who are small business.
Respectfully,
Leigh Clifton
STUDIO656WEST
studio656west@gmail.com