results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
missannienow
Level 9

Re: The need to come together as one LOUD voice

Wow, Leigh. I am impressed by what you do! Investigative journalism....way to go.

Kameronk, as I have explained to several other people in the past few months - It seemed that somehow TT changed my preferences. I NEVER would have signup for dog sitting! I dont even like most dogs. NOR would I have listed another county as being within my service range. Those changes (and others) were made by TT, NOT ME. Those quotes were sent out - I understand now - because I was told by several people at TT that I should turn Instant Match ON.  Those automatic quotes were to dog sitting jobs and cleaning jobs in another county. For some reason, my main job preference, residential cleaning, was eliminated by TT....NOT by me. I tried repeatedly to get real help, and nothing happened until I found this part of TT and began to slowly understand that the problem was not me, it is TT. Some people at TT told me to see requests for house cleaning I should turn IM on. They said take it off - pause it (stupid way of describing it!)

So I kept turning it off and then realized that it had been turned ON again by someone other than me.

I DO want a refund for July. Theyu were bogus quotes and the fault is all with TT,  not me.

I have been through a lot in my life. More than the average person. Something I learned a few years back was learning how much I lied: to myself, and to others. I made a conscious decision to be more honest. So, I can you in all sureness that what I said on  this forum is the truth. I just dont lie anymore.

Please do what you can to get me a refund.

Annie

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@missannienow I'll continue to follow up with you in our direct messages. We can talk about what it takes for Instant Match to become active in an account along with your contacts from July along and how we can stop those dog sitting jobs from coming in. 

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

I grew UP in Maryland just outside of DC! Potomac Maryland - back then - was purely country and the most beauitiful place on earth. Then they built all those enormous houses and it all went downhill. I miss DC very much. I worked at Providence Hospiptal in NE DC. Inner city and our patients were very poor and had little or no medical care. It was a true learning experience and a very good one.

missannienow
Level 9

Although my issues with TT have not changed, I do want to tell everyone that Kameronk has honestly tried to help me, including some sort of refund for the innappropriate quotes sent out via IM. He has been willing to spend the time to try to figure things out. This is greatly appreciated by me, as no one else at TT went to such trouble.

I have told him I think there is a glitch in the system, that turns IM on and off at will. Many of you have experienced this.  I have also told him the other issues that bother me. The expense of using TT is WAY WAY over my head now. I simply cannot afford to send many quotes I get from TT. Spening what I spent in July broke the bank for me. I am not a rich person. I live on SS and depend on my extra income to keep me from being without a home or without food.

I keep hoping that TT will re-think the changes and go back to a BETTER way of doing things. The current system has turned off many many pros. In ALL sorts of professions. Many have just given up and left, which is very sad.

But in the meantime, as I wait and hope for better things from TT, I do want to thank Kameronk for trying to help me. This was very much appreciated.

Annie

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

I just got about 5 emails telling me "RevBrian" mentioned me in a post. I would very much like to read what he said but this daggone site doesnt work well for this sort of thing. I only wrote on two threads yesterday and do not see a response from RevBrian there. Can someone out there tell me how to find these mentions??? I have a strong hunch that those "mentions" might mean a lot to me, if only to chat with someone with similar difficulties.

Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

@missannienow you can find RevBrian's most recent message to you here. Sorry to hear it's been tricky navigating the Community. A great place to find where you've been mentioned is at your profile. There's a toggle for "Topics I've participated in" and "my latest contributions." If you click on a post, it'll take you directly to that thread, and from there you can scroll down to see who replied to you.

0 Kudos
Deborah306
Level 7

Yes, I think the notices about somewhat mentioning you are unhelpful. You can't find the post, the link just brings you to the general discussion. Very inefficient.

pwats43
Level 5

AS the moderator do you have the power to go into my account and change it. I only do online therapy which is done on a Hippa compliant site. This information is not conveyed to people all they see is a therapist not the particulars. This totally does not work for me. At least with the other system it didn’t cost so much to send a quote that I could take a chance that somebody would want online. I don’t know what your job is but you need to get this changed because people are furious and they are losing lots of money me included

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@pwats43 are you asking for help in removing Therapy as a service you offer altogether, or are you looking to make adjustments to your preferences? I see currently that your set to work with customers only via phone or internet. I would think that you can make the connection and secure a hire with a customer on Thumbtack, and then communicate with the customer that the actual therapy will take place with you in the other 3rd party site that you normally use, all while being HIPPA compliant. I'd also recommend describing that this is how your services work with your clients in the about section of your profile. 

As for any big changes being made, we're always open to feedback and suggestions, which is how many of the new changes came about. If you have any specific suggestions of your own they'd be greatly appreciated by our product teams HERE.

0 Kudos
Deborah306
Level 7

It feels like getting fired with no warning then having to pay the boss who fired you. I want the money back in my checking account not for credits here because I just can't afford to quote anymore!