results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Moderator Meckell

Re: How can we block leads from customers who want us to essentially volunteer our services?

@SuzanDoer thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concern as well as giving your feedback about things. We definitely only want you to be charged for possible jobs that match your preferences and are jobs that you can do. I know that you already requested a refund for this particular situation, but I definitely want to take another look and see what we can do to help as it sounds like a very unique situation. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer and any other info that you feel will be helpful for us to know? 

0 Kudos
leahgoetzel
Level 5

Re: How can we block leads from customers who want us to essentially volunteer our services?

@Kameron I think this would be a good change! Outside of Thumbtack, people that have budgets thousands of dollars less than my prices wouldn't reach out, so the fact that we're being instant matched and I'm paying for those customers doesn't make much sense. I'd be more than happy to pay for qualified leads with people that are within my price range, if I don't get the job then I know that's on me, either due to my work, portfolio, communication and not Thumbtack just matching me with any person that is getting married. If that feature was applied I'd be more than happy to turn back on my Instant Matching for weddings and portraits and continue to loyally use Thumbtack. Thank you for taking our feedback into consideration, I truly hope this is something you implement! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DCFGCatering
Level 8

75 dollars for leads that are asking for sponsorships or free service are pretty common on thumbtack.

Moderator Meckell

@DCFGCatering if you or any other pros are getting leads like this, we're happy to look into them and see what we can do to help! 

Billypea
Level 5

Weekly budget hit with only 1 lead

My budget is $15.

TT says my cost per lead is $3 and I should get 3-4 leads per week with that budget. (That math implies the actual cost to be $5 per lead, not $3)

I got 1 lead this week.

Now it says my budget is used up and I should increase it to $20 to get more leads. 

I autopay so I get a 20% discount.

— Did they just charge me $15 for a lead?

— Why do I have to increase to $20 to get more than one $3 lead (at 20% off)?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Weekly budget hit with only 1 lead

@Billypea the cost of the lead will fluctuate depending on the overall value of the job and how many pros offer that service in your area. You have two different services, so the cost for leads will be different for those services and you'll also need to set separate budgets for each. If you go to the payments section of your account, you're able to see how much you were charged for each lead. Please let me know if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos
Billypea
Level 5

Hi - yes it says I’ve spent $3 of my $15 budget - yet I can’t get any more leads because my budget is maxed - I got a notification that read

“You’ve hit your weekly budget of $15 for Private Tai Chi Instruction jobs. Set a higher budget to reach more customers. “

Clearly, I have $12 remaining in budget. So why am I not able to get more leads?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Billypea I see what you're referring to now. It looks like the new minimum budget for Tai Chi Instruction in your area is $20 and that's why you're getting prompted to increase it. Since $20 is now the lowest we'll allow you to set, you'll need to increase your budget to continue getting leads. 

0 Kudos
Billypea
Level 5

Funny that the minimum weekly budget would be $20. I haven’t spent more than $6 in over a year!

In fact, I spent a lot more in the “old days” when they charged $3 each to be one of the first five to bid on a request. Since they changed to the new variable pricing i either do not bid (for fear of spending $15 on a job that MAY pay $75) or do not see any requests.
Baron
Level 5

Yes, agreed the old $3.00 fee seemed to work better and you got more leads. 95% of the leads I get are FAKE or never hire me now! If someone requests the service quote, then they should have to pay if they don't use the service. If they use the service, then the TT Pro pays. That would eliminate all the FAKE INQUIRIES and not serious people no doubt!

@Billypea wrote:
Funny that the minimum weekly budget would be $20. I haven’t spent more than $6 in over a year!

In fact, I spent a lot more in the “old days” when they charged $3 each to be one of the first five to bid on a request. Since they changed to the new variable pricing i either do not bid (for fear of spending $15 on a job that MAY pay $75) or do not see any requests.

0 Kudos