Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance

If I set my rate in advance can't stop the people like this. What is the purpose of the budget setting and promotion?57504368_2655550971177766_7089657912271831040_n.jpg

Occupations (1)
States
52 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance

@1111111111111
I can see how it might be frustrating to have a customer reach out to you with a budget much lower than your set prices. In this situation, I suggest beginning to speak with the customer to reaffirm your price and let them know all of the many factors that go into it. In addition to that, I'd be happy to forward any thoughts or ideas that you have around this scenario. It sounds to me that if the customers budget is much lower than your price, you'd like not to be shown to them in the search results? 

0 Kudos

speak with the customer? they are just ghosting you and never reply!hahah

I usually pay $10 for each job and this time I paid more for a lower rate job? it's a over price charge.
Lar
Level 10

But @Kameron, the fact that Thumbtack forces Promoted Pros to pay for leads who can't afford to hire them is counter to the stated purpose of Promote...

Give yourself more control over which customers find your business. Promoting your business means we show you to more of the customers you want.  

If I set my prices and a Promoted lead reaches out to me whose budget is way below my fee then that's not a customer I want because they can't afford to hire me. 

When you promote your business, you set preferences to get in front of more of the right customers. Because you’ve told us these are the jobs you always want (and that you’ll provide a great customer experience),

That's the ideal certainly but at times Promote is putting me in front of the 'wrong' customers, i.e. customers who clearly cannot afford to hire me. 

I wish Thumbtack would fix this.

Regards,
Laurence.

, I think many more pros would be open to Promote, myself included, if we could set a minimum rate for jobs AND Thumbtack would agree not to put us in front of those whose budgets fall below. Customers would not be able to see rates UNTIL they enter all of their info for a job, including # of hours (because what's happening now is that they don't have to enter this info, they see the price for 1 hour of work and assume that's what we're willing to do the job for. Trust me, many of them aren't smart enough/motivated enough to actually enter their needed # of hours...)

Thumbtack would auto-refund us if/when their stated budget does not match our rates AND we fail to reach an agreement on an acceptable deal.

It is false to assert that we have 'control' over the kinds of jobs we can bid on/customers we want to work when these parameters are not constrained as set forth above. We all know we aren't going to win every job we bid on, and that every exchange with each 'customer' won't necessarily be successful, but we would have a lot less to complain about if Thumbtack would try to level the playing field for us in this regard. Thanks.
Moderator Kameron

@needsmorecoffee thanks for weighing in and sharing your thoughts on this as well. You've made some great points and I've made sure to share those in reference to this topic.

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

The problem is, Kamron, when a true pro sends a realistic bid that’s over their budget the poster will ghost because they think we are overpriced based on TT arbitrary budget intake questions.
GeorgeH
Level 8

@Kameronclearly... the pro's who have responded to this thread are not satisfied with your answer.  The thread was started with the basic question, "what good does it do to set my pricess if the TT system does not adhere to them?".  I go to the trouble of using Promote... I set my prices... I get leads that dont fit my prices. I get charged for the lead even though it was not a match...

The response from Thumbtack... open up some dialogue with the customer... but the customer never responds...

End result... the pro pays for a ghost that never should have been allowed into the system.

You know very well that ghosting is a large issue for the paying pro's.  The solution to the thread poster is not to speak to ghosts, it is to shut the door on job posters that dont comply with the preferences.  Can we just do that?

nathancain
Level 4

Set a minimum budget for leads

Is there a way to set a minimum budget for my incoming leads? For instance, could I set it so I don't have to pay for $500 or less leads, but can allow $500 or more leads through?

Moderator Meckell

Re: Set a minimum budget for leads

@nathancain this is not an option right now, but I definitely see how this could be helpful! I'll be sure to submit your feedback to our Product Team to look over!