results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Billypea
Level 5

Re: Weekly budget hit with only 1 lead

I should also mention that when I hit the link in my in-app notifications to go and increase my budget - it takes me a “page no longer exists”
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Billypea sorry to hear that you're running into that problem. Be sure to go through the steps listed in our Troubleshooting page. After that, if you continue to run into this issue please let us know.

0 Kudos
Billypea
Level 5

Hi Kameron
The link you gave doesn’t work.
I looked into it and the link is malformed. It has https://https// for a prefix. The 2nd https// shouldn’t be there.

That may be the same issue that causes the link in the app notifications to fail. The system is injecting extra code into the links, which makes them not work.

I know this because I was at one time a web developer.

There is nothing on the troubleshooting page that is of any help.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Sorry about that @Billypea. Let's have you try this link here.  As far as the troubleshooting steps listed, those are usually of help if you're experiencing an error with your app. However, if troubleshooting doesn't help, please send us a screenshot of the error you're getting. Once we get that, we'll investigate this further. 

0 Kudos
tatipoly
Level 5

Payment, refunds

Recently I ran into problem with Budget from customers. For some reason I get introduced to the customers who's budget for the service they want is lower than  my rates. Why do I pop up in customer's search as a photographer who's rates are more than they are planning to send? 

For example: Ive got a lead from a customer yesterday that clearly states that his budget is 250$  for 2 hours for his project.

My question is: why do i pop up in his search when my rates start  at 340$ for 2 hours? Why he sees me in his feed if I do not match his budget cretirea? Why your system matches me with it? 

I reached out to him. he replied: sorry,  its out of our budget! Of course I was charged $$ for the lead that initially wasn't right for me. I was  charged $ by connecting me with the customer who can't afford my service. 

Could you please give a clear answer WHY is it happenening??? its not a first time TT! I addressed this issuie before. Nobody gave me an answer! You are fast to charge me card, but you are terrible at giving clear answers for Pros who pay you!!

Moderator Kameron

Re: Payment, refunds

@tatipoly I can certainly see how that could be frustrating when leads that come to you have a budget that's far under your listed prices. A common suggestion I've heard from other pros to possibly help with this could be to add a listed customer budget option in your preferences. Do you feel like that could be a possible solution for this issue, or do you have any other possible suggestions that you'd like to share or discuss?

0 Kudos

@Kameron 

Yes - this is the same problem I have been mentioning for months.

Your solution of filtering out leads based on customer budget is fantastic. Why is it not being implemented? I've seen it suggested a number of times, and you already have it as a viable solution - instead we're paying for leads that are NOT at all beneficial for us, costing us hundreds of dollars.

Not only has this viable solution not been implemented, it's been made worse - by offering even lower categories for customer requests.

Why adjust the customer side first, when the Pros who are paying keep bringing it to Thumbtack's attention?

Moderator Kameron

@ScottArcangel actually after hearing pro feedback around this I'm happy to let you know that our teams have been able to develop and begin releasing a customer budget preference slowly to certain categories over time. Your category of Music Entertainment was added just this week. Be sure to check your preferences under job type and look for the customer budget section.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

That's great to know, and when will it be implemented for all Pros?

But I have another question. Is this the same "customer" budget preference that @Hankster had mentioned this week?

DJ Stevie 6-28-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie I don't have timelines for each category, but I can tell you that it's been applied in your category for DJ's as well. Correct, it is the same. If you unselect a budget (under $300 for example) in those preferences, and the customer chooses that budget when reaching out, it would then come to you as a partial match to review. 

I'll also reference @1111111111111 and that it's been added to the Wedding and Event Photography section as well which is where this thread began.

0 Kudos