results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
marcwkohler
Level 5

Re: Thumbtack Automatic Quotes and high cost

This was written on June 2nd, and appeared in my emails today.  Maybe they wanted to increase activity on tnis Thread.   i only quote now from gigs near my studio, I make sure to use a quote that is less then their requests, and I hve not had a booking in six months.  It takes time to read or look at the quotes.  I am just glad that the Pass buttons are so close most of the time.  I only stay involved with hope that TT will change for the better.  My guess is that the automoatc quotes going out are even lower thn than mine.  Has anyone had any work that was worth the fees on the automatic quotes?  I stopped auomatic quotes long ago.  I am considering Gigmasters.  Has any one used them?

Haven't had a potential client follow up in weeks so saving money on wildly overpriced amounts TT charges to quote now, which I can't even tell you what it really is as there is no transparency, but not gaining any new clients either. And why is that? Because now every person who claims to be a Private Investigator has their automatic bids going in at half the price, or less, of the price I would ever charge. The clients see 12 - 14 quotes come in and gravitate to the lower, inexperienced ones and disregard the professional ones. I'll probably always be the highest quote, but when you want experience and professionalism you have to pay. I've started spending more on other marketing and will eventually give up TT all together if it stays like it is now. And I'm a Top Pro by the way, whatever that means

MrGolden1970
Level 4

Hi Aylads, I just wanted to let you know I also feel your frustration as i have been with thumbtack for over 4 years and what used to be the best deal going. Now fast forward to today and the company almost feels like home advisor which I can't stand. Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that I have built up so many reviews I probably would have moved on to find the next promising company with humble beginnings, unfortunately in the end I think almost all companies fall to the wayside of overcharging as they get larger and larger they have to generate more capital to feed the monster sorta speak.
PastorHoward
Level 6

I too am looking at alternate sources for leads. That's what it is supposed to be LEADS not a take it or leave it format for responding to leads.

I am extremely frustrated with the new Thumbtack as well. I am a home stager and I used to get several quotes daily. Now I haven't received any except if they are way out of my service range. I have received request for information from interested people because thumbtack has apparently sent them a quote, but I never received anything. Thumbtack needs to go back to the  old system!!

Moderator Meckell

@seasonsstaging I want Thumbtack to work for you. Let's take a look into your settings and see what's going on. Just send me a PM with your email address and we can get started. 

0 Kudos
kneel
Level 6

I recently removed my credit card info because my last quote resulted in a $17 charge and I wasn't even hired! My hourly fee is only $45 so my return-on-investment is too risky at this time. I am an unemployed disabled Vietnam Veteran and although these leads result in occasional income, I can't afford such a risky investment. I actually had less of a $ outlay - with greater return in the OLD system!

There seems to be more times in the past few months that my quotes are not being answered even when I say that initial responses are free for any of their questions!
Additionally, I just passed on a really good job: It was local and I believe the potential client could have benefited a great deal from my services! However, I chose to wait and see what Thumbtack's next move will be. Present odds appear to be stacked against myself and many other Pro's!?
Lw
Level 4

Multiple charges

I am a travel agent and after receiving a contact, this customer kept asking more questions and I was charged each time! This isn't right!  It takes a few conversations most times to book travel.  Especially when all of the information from them is incomplete.  I think I deserve a refund.  Has this happened to anyone else?  

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: Multiple charges

@Lw the only time a pro will be charged is from the first customer response. If you'll direct message me with the customer's name I can look into this for you and find out what happened. 

0 Kudos
Lw
Level 4

Re: Multiple charges

Not sure how to direct message you.  Do I do it on here?

0 Kudos