Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BestRated501
Level 4

Unread notification refund process

Solved! Jump to solution
I see that you are now refunding for projects when a customer doesn’t look at the message within 48 hours. How will we know once the customer has read the messages. Is it possible to have a notification once the messages are viewed. Example, like Facebook when you send a message you can see there photo next to the message once they open it and read. Is that possible because how will I know if a refund is missed!?
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

Hey @BestRated501,
I wanted to make some distinctions and corrections here. There are some pros that will experience refunds for leads that are an exact match if the customer didn't read the pros response after 48 hours. To be sure you can check your payment history to see which leads you were charged for, and which leads were refunded.

As for some type of read receipt. Not being able to see when a response has been viewed in the messenger has been brought to our attention and we're working towards a resolution.

27 responses
MR
Level 10

I just want to add that the refund is a very geography sp...

Solved! Jump to solution

I just want to add that the refund is a very geography specific thing and most areas of the TT client base is not able to participate in this benefit. What is available for some, is not for most others. I know my area of the Chicagoland area has (to my knowledge) never been included in advanced features, as has also been the case for most others. For some reason everything now seems to be focused in Atlanta.

zona5101
Level 5

Color me skeptical.

GCGlass
Level 4

I like this because some customers don't know if they want to do the job at the time they request it. Then you get a lead that you have to pay for but the customer never gets back to you. Thumb tack is much better then Home Advisor that will gharge you for every lead they give you.

Dave24
Level 4

I think Thumbtack, compared to every other lead generating internet platform, has our best interests in mind. My business has flourished since I signed up. Thank you Thumbtack!

Moderator Kameron

@MR These refunds are something new and like a lot of our changes, we’re rolling them out slowly to make sure all goes well. We’ll share more details when we’re ready to launch it to more pros. Glad to hear that you're excited about this change.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Hey @BestRated501,
I wanted to make some distinctions and corrections here. There are some pros that will experience refunds for leads that are an exact match if the customer didn't read the pros response after 48 hours. To be sure you can check your payment history to see which leads you were charged for, and which leads were refunded.

As for some type of read receipt. Not being able to see when a response has been viewed in the messenger has been brought to our attention and we're working towards a resolution.

BestRated501
Level 4
Thanks for the update!
0 Kudos
Glambymona
Level 5

Makeup artist

Solved! Jump to solution
Hi I'm fairly new on Thumbtack and still getting used to everything. So here's my question:how can I tell if my lead viewed my message? I don't see anything like "seen" anywhere in my messages. Thank you!
MR
Level 10

Re: Makeup artist

Solved! Jump to solution

@Glambymona  Welcome to the community.

To answer your question: you cannot see if a lead has opened your message. That functionality was removed over a year ago and there has been a pretty vocal group of pros wanting to see it returned.  As of today though, you cannot see if your message was opened.