Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
lmheim
Active Community Member

Ways for Pros to voice concerns

Solved! Jump to solution

My original post was deleted so I am trying again with an edited version.

For Pro's who have concerns about how TT is working or who have constructive suggestions, use LinkedIn to find and message key executives.  I provided names in the previous deleted version of this post, but that is prohibited by the community rules so I can't give those out here.  I sent messages to 5 - 6 senior executives but have not heard anything back which is quite disheartening.  

It may also be effective to send notes to their VC investors (again, I can't post those names but you can google it easily) and even use twitter as an outlet for voicing concerns.  

Occupations (1)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
lmheim
Active Community Member

Some potentially good news for us Pros

Solved! Jump to solution

I am fairly new to TT and I really like the concept.  I have seen some success using TT as well.  But I became active in the Community after running into what are meaningful flaws in the business model.  Many other Pros have posted on these same concerns in the past, so these flaws are systemic, long-standing and threaten TT's revenue given that Pros are actively implementing strategies to reduce reliance on/fees paid to TT.

My Pro work is a fun side gig for me.  My day job involves working with C-suite executives, so I am accustomed to communicating with those folks.  My attempts at engaging TT executives was met with silence - rather unusual for any company I have worked with or been a customer of.  I even once received a response from Tim Cook personally once (as confirmed by someone I know who reported to him at the time).

So here is good news for us Pros - I sent a message to someone who manages the investment by TT's largest VC investor and who also sits on the Board of Directors.  I outlined the most significant concerns voiced by Pros, as well as my concern that TT executives seem to be walled off from us.  I invited him to browse the Community and read the Pro comments as well.  He responded quickly, genuinely and positively.

While there are certainly no guarantees we will see all the changes we want, or see them implemented quickly, I do feel that someone at the top with authority will look into our concerns directly.  That is a big step forward for us Pros.  I'm sure the TT powers that be will be less excited about the path I took, however. 

View solution in original post

3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Ways for Pros to voice concerns

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi there @lmheim the best way for our product teams to hear pro feedback is to give those suggestions to our customer support team or share them here on the Community. If you have feedback you want us to hear, please contact us or share your feedback on a relevant board in the Community. Either way, we'll make sure it gets noted. 

0 Kudos
lmheim
Active Community Member

Re: Ways for Pros to voice concerns

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi.  I understand that going through the "proper channels" is the standard approach.  In my day job, I work closely with C-suite executives of Fortune 500 and private multinationals.  When a company's important customers (in this case, Pros) have meaningful issues that are ignored and those issues directly threaten the company's revenue streams (in this case, Pros implementing strategies to significantly reduce their TT fees due to dissatisfaction), going through proper channels is generally ineffective.  What gets executive attention is direct communication from customers.  Although I don't work with VC investors, I imagine they are also interested in hearing from those who generate revenue for their investments.

lmheim
Active Community Member

Some potentially good news for us Pros

Solved! Jump to solution

I am fairly new to TT and I really like the concept.  I have seen some success using TT as well.  But I became active in the Community after running into what are meaningful flaws in the business model.  Many other Pros have posted on these same concerns in the past, so these flaws are systemic, long-standing and threaten TT's revenue given that Pros are actively implementing strategies to reduce reliance on/fees paid to TT.

My Pro work is a fun side gig for me.  My day job involves working with C-suite executives, so I am accustomed to communicating with those folks.  My attempts at engaging TT executives was met with silence - rather unusual for any company I have worked with or been a customer of.  I even once received a response from Tim Cook personally once (as confirmed by someone I know who reported to him at the time).

So here is good news for us Pros - I sent a message to someone who manages the investment by TT's largest VC investor and who also sits on the Board of Directors.  I outlined the most significant concerns voiced by Pros, as well as my concern that TT executives seem to be walled off from us.  I invited him to browse the Community and read the Pro comments as well.  He responded quickly, genuinely and positively.

While there are certainly no guarantees we will see all the changes we want, or see them implemented quickly, I do feel that someone at the top with authority will look into our concerns directly.  That is a big step forward for us Pros.  I'm sure the TT powers that be will be less excited about the path I took, however. 

View solution in original post