Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
bonnie_bill
Level 6

What rating would Pros give to Thumbtack

I would be curious. And I think Thumbtack could learn a lot from having their Pros rate the Thumbtack lead generation services. Just as reviews tell the Pro & the community of the experience and the quality of the service they received from doing business with the Pro. I would like to see how many 5 star reviews Thumbtack would received from the Pros that have been doing business with them for at least 1-2 years.

We learn by our reviews.   

Occupations (1)
14 responses
BradBaldwin
Level 6

Re: What rating would Pros give to Thumbtack

Two stars

And as Pros we know anything below a four is damaging.

JSGDS
Level 6

4.8-5.0 stars- If your a top pro do you disagree?

It would be so easy for me to bash on Thumbtack because of their recent changes but the truth( from my company's perspective) is Thumbtack has been great and put me in touch with so many new clients and so many referrals. lts allowed me to separate my two man business from the multimillion-dollar businesses around me, through reviews, formatting and insights.  Thank you TT!!

While we  do not like/agree with recent TT changes, we are willing to adapt to them.  If you want to be successful you need to figure out how to make the tools available to you work.  If you cant adapt to changes in business then owning your own business isnt for you......
I read so many posts saying "this dont work me" or "its not the same any more" well what are you doing to change it.  Go find another site that gives you better results,  see if the upfront costs of web marketing are worth it.  TT may not be the best thing for your business but instead of complaining let others know whats working!!!

Just my opinion.

bonnie_bill
Level 6

Good for you and a reasonable response. We have simply moved to the sidelines while TT trys to figure it out. Right now TT is price prohibitive for our type of business. Plus we are well established being a high visibility photography firm for over 20 years. We just roll with the flow. Unfortunately though we were a Top Pro with TT only two years ago before so many radical changes in their business model and price increases. 

Thank you for your comments.

0 Kudos
ckelley5
Level 2

From your perspective, I can see why you would give it a high rating.

However, from the perspective of someone trying to launch a business, the pricing is damaging. If you use instant match, you have no idea what you're paying for them to automatically send a quote before you know anything about the job. And if you don't use instant match, you're going to lose business. I was charged over HALF of my weekly budget for one quote, only for the customer to never even respond to my message. And I make a point to reply immediately when I receive a lead. At this time, I'm slowly building my business, so I can only budget a certain amount for marketing.

I also had a customer contact me just this morning, only to try and haggle my rate (my rates are firm) and lied about not having pets (I have a cleaning business, and I charge a flat fee for homes with pets). When I refused to lower my rates, he was nasty with me. And guess what...I have to pay for that exchange.

I think the pricing should be based on BOOKED clients.

bonnie_bill
Level 6

My point in this conversation is to get TT to realize to have a GOOD BUSINESS they themselves need 5 star reviews. They certainly push the concept with their pros to get reviews. We are an all 5 star business and have been since our founding (over 20 years). We always offer a satisfaction guarantee with all business. I think TT should do a self analysis on their Pro satisfaction levels and reevaluate their business model to have pros proud to be a part. Right now we do not want our clients to know we are with TT because of all the negative reviews everywhere on the web by their pros!

We do not degrade them as we want them to be a good service where we can view them as our partner. But they have to earn that position of respect.  I may be wrong but I can not see their current busniess model working long term. We went from Top Pro to absolutely no business for two years. That does not seem to be a profiable businiess model.  

The prices being charged for the services being provided are totally unrealistic. There is no way we could give them a 5 star review.

I hope they can put it back together soon.

B of (B&B)

Moderator Meckell

@ckelley5 @bonnie_bill Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions, it's always appreciated. We're always listening and we always take feedback to heart, so please keep it coming. I'm also always more than happy to talk with you one on one about any concerns you have. Just send me a private message and we can get started! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

You always have the best insight @JSGDS, thank you! 

0 Kudos
Angela
Level 5

@JSDGS I'm happy for you and your success with Thumbtack, really I am. However - and I say all this being a pro that has been with Thumbtack for many years now - the changes that Thumbtack has made have not been ones that I have personally been able to just roll with it as you put it , because I no longer get a good return on my investment due to the fact that Thumbtack now charges more, and allows for up to 15 quotes per customer lead. For me personally, this doesn't work for my business. I now have to be very discerning and send far fewer quotes to potential customers on Thumbtack, because I no longer get a good return on my investment with Thumbtack. The truth is Thumbtack is a service that is supposed to be working for both the pro and the potential customer, that means being able to give a good product at a reasonable price in my humble opinion. I truly hope Thumbtack is listening to this feedback and taking it into account.
Angela
Level 5

That was meant to go to @JSGDS
0 Kudos