Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
WOfficiant
Level 5

Why we do not received from Thumbtack a client telephone number?

By not receiving from Thumbtack clients telephone numbers, it won't allow us to follow up with a text message. Today not too many people look for an email. They answer faster a text message!!! We loose business and Thumbtack also.  Once we are charged for a lead, we should be entitled to see the client telephone number unless it's a false lead!!

Occupations (2)
11 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Why we do not received from Thumbtack a client telephone number?

Hi @WOfficiant. I hear you, texting is a lot easier and more convenient. Requiring a phone number from customers is something we tried in the past and we actually saw a decline in requests that were coming in. Customers told us that they didn't feel comfortable leaving their phone number and would rather give it out on their own terms. Your concerns are valid and I will definitely send in your feedback to our Product Team. Thanks for contributing to the community!

0 Kudos
tlittlej
Level 5

Once again you prove that your business model is based around "clients" who don't pay your bills vs "pros" who do.

How quickly you've improved your system for clients but demolished it for pros with no middleground to be found.

0 Kudos
WOfficiant
Level 5

I understand your point, but ALL other wedding websites (my profession) do ask for a client telephone number as a requiered field. In my situation, many times couples who are dreaming about a wedding, ask us silly questions and that cost us a lead charge which sometimes it could vary from $6.70 to $20 each, and at the end we are never hired!!!!!!

PattyB6
Level 6

@WOfficiant, I know exactly how you feel! It seems like Thumbtack now wants to make it harder for pros in the wedding industry to follow up with customers. There are fewer and fewer customers who leave their phone numbers and now I have been seeing requests that TT quoted using the Instant Match that tell me I can't follow up at all. The message says that the customer will contact me but I can't message them in any way . Then TT tells me not to worry because they will follow up for me. This means that the bride or groom who put in the request sees nothing more than the basic info...price, etc. This leaves the impression that all officiants are equal and only the price is different so the customer goes straight for the lowest quote. I never get to explain that my quote covers many things that other officiants charge extra for and I offer information that other, newer officiants don't know yet. My 47 years of experience and nearly 200 5 star reviews do not matter when the customer thinks we all are offering the exact same thing. I was recently hired by a bride who contacted me through the Knot and she wanted to know why I didn't give her all my quote details when I quoted her on Thumbtack!

WOfficiant
Level 5

Hi, I sure do understand 110% your point of view. Sometimes I believe that perhaps TT does create some leads just to charge one for them. I have received many request from people who are practicing English who entered all these websites just to talk to someone and practice their language skills, and then we get charged for those funny leads!!! Also now TT is allowing some wedding officiants to show a license in their profile!!! Which license??? Not even a minister or a priest has a license issued by a state to marry someone. What I see happening is that some officiants might have some other kind of a business which is not even related to weddings and they list those licenses under a wedding officiant. That is really hurting our business also and should not be allowed by TT at ALL.  Warm regards

0 Kudos
PattyB6
Level 6

@WOfficiant, there are many issues that are making it harder and harder to get hired as a wedding officiant. In Metro Atlanta, the "wedding officiants" who have uploaded licenses are mostly bartenders who claim that that experience gives them great insight into how to perform a beautifully executed wedding ceremony. One of them that I know has 116 reviews and all but 2 or 3 are for his bartending skills. I've noticed in the last year fewer and fewer couples are actually even reading the reviews...just looking at the number and then going with the cheapest. Because this bartender wants to be an officiant (when he can't get the bartending job) and he is brnd new to the job, he is usually the cheapest quote. I've gotten 4 jobs from couples who spoke to him as their first choice and quickly realized he has no idea of what he is doing! Another "officiant" I know decided his many years experience as a photographer gives him all the qualifications needed to perform ceremonies. He also quotes much cheaper than I will. I won't do 10-12 hours of work on a wedding for $125. I'm an ordained minister with 47 years experience but that doesn't seem to matter any more. The new Thumbtack system of sending at least 15 quotes to each customer and then not giving us the opportunity to detail our services drives the customers to the cheapest option most of the time.

WOfficiant
Level 5

Is good to know that you are also a Wedding Officiant in Atlanta!!!! Please drop me a line so I can add your name to my referral list of Officiants for when I might not be available. I do specialized on Bilingual ceremonies (in either English  or Spanish). Please contact me at theweddingofficiant1@gmail.com.   Thanks a million.

Victor J Alvarado

0 Kudos
PattyB6
Level 6

@WOfficiant, I'll definitely send you an email tomorrow.  I would love to develope a reciprocal relationship with you. I often hear from couples who want a Spanish speaking or Bi-lingual officiant and I had one who worked for my company but she moved to South Carolina.  

WOfficiant
Level 5

Hi Patty,  Do you happen to know the name of that bartender who is a Wedding Officiant? I have been talking for several days with Thumbtack about this situation, that they allowed people to show other professions licenses as if they were licensed to be a Wedding Officiant, but Thumbtack is asking me to provide to them the name!!! So I have gone back to square one, I don't know it. If you do and you would like to share that with me, you can send it to me in a privta emessage to my email, theweddingofficiant1@gmail.com. Thank you.

0 Kudos