results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Dottiej
Level 5

Re: "No need to quote – just reply!"

p.s. - I'm also using WeddingWire and The Knot, as well. 

0 Kudos
Qwksilver
Level 6

I was going to respond! But it would be a waste of time. If TT was going to do something, they would have done it already. I give up for now. I will wait for the new owners that will be most likely coming down the road soo at the rate TT is going. Cutting my budget more and raising prices again.

traynorpiano
Level 6

I fell for that "No need to quote – just reply!" once, but only once.  What a joke.  I'm really tired of it.  We have only Thumbtack's word that there is actually a person on the other end of that.  Thumbtack, the same entity that is making money off "No need to quote – just reply!"  I'm sure not making any money.  

Dottiej
Level 5

Following up about the one time I responded to the "No need to quote - just reply" lead:

The person was actually looking for a back-up officiant, in the event that the one they had hired doesn't meet the couple's needs.  I shouldn't be charged unless I book the event.

It would be efficient if Thumbtack qualified the potential customers properly.  Perhaps asking them if they are ready to hire, or if they are researching and/or gathering pricing information for a future event.  This information is critical for Pros to know.  If they are researching prices, we shouldn't have to pay for quoting the job.  I'd like to help couples who are researching.  I like to help people, and I would offer my time to help, but not when it has a pricetag, too.

I've changed my quoting practices.  I pass on most requests, because the likelyhood of getting hired has greatly diminished.  I will not be replying to the "No need to quote - just reply". 

I've almost stopped sending quotes entirely.  It's too costly, and to be honest, I've not been hired since the new changes, particularly the way leads are sent out and pricing, have been implemented.

It would be helpful if we were not charged to converse with potential clients, and then if we actually get hired, I would be willing to pay another small percentage on the agreed price for the job. 

This would be helpful to potential clients, because most need to be educated first.  It would allow Pros to educate potential clients and also pitch their services at the same time.  This would be a huge win for the clients.  They would be able to get the information they need to make their event/project a success.  I believe this would also entice potential clients to actually HIRE a Thumbtack Pro.

It would be a win/win/win.  Thumbtack gets paid, we get paid and the clients are happy, because they don't feel pressured, and they get the great service they deserve from the perfect Pro for their particular needs.

Just an idea that may help Thumbtack be a service that helps both clients and the Pros.

Highlighted
Qwksilver
Level 6

It looks like they are trying to improve customer experience in order to try to keep the potential customer.

Still doesn't change what we are charged. Why not just charge a flat fee for subscription instead of per lead charges that go no where.

TT is actually one of the most expensive out there. We have cut back drastically here on TT. Benefit: we spend a lot less. Con: we do not get those few customers per month. Overall, we are saving more by not getting the leads that go nowhere. Looks like the no need to quote thing is another gimmic. I will wait and see, not holding my breath. Wish TT could be more viable for us to use. We refuse to be the low price leader! We could get a lot more work if we were the cheapest, but then make no real profit. We are investing our hard earned funds elsewhere for the moment.

PastorHoward
Level 6

I just received and declined another one of these leads that say - "no need to quote - just reply." I wouldn't pursue one of these, even if they paid me up front and paid double the TT fee. That is how much disdain I have for this approach!

0 Kudos
traynorpiano
Level 6

Thumbtack is offering bargain basement service to clients and expecting top of the line service from the professionals.  It's a losing proposition.  Pros are expected to create an exact, personalized quote based on a few very general ticked boxes.  And pros cannot ask for answers to specific questions to help generate a proper quote without paying for that. It's impossible.