Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
PastorHoward
Level 6

"No need to quote – just reply!"

Today, I received Two (only two) requests. One was for a wedding schedulled for June 29. 

"When

Date: Fri Jun 29 2018 Time: 6:00 PM Length: 2 hours" - Today is July 20, 2018. It appears that she viewed but thankfully has not responded.

This makes no sense at all.

The second request is one of those "No need to quote – just reply!". I was charged close to $30 to reply to a message:

My reply: "Angela, I am available, interested and capable of providing you with a memorable and meaningful wedding ceremony. The absolute best way to move forward is to schedule a meeting where we can discuss all of the details and tailor a ceremony to best meet your wishes, Is that possible? There is no charge for that meeting."

I haven't heard a thing! So I researched and sent her a text message - No reply!  It just doesn't add up. I will no longer respond to these type leads.

Occupations (1)
16 responses
Dottiej
Level 5

Re: "No need to quote – just reply!"

With all of the changes regarding Pro quoting rates, and all the mess that this is right now, I'm seriously considering deactivating my Thumbtack account. 

I just responded to one of the same type of requests, "No need to quote - just reply!", and I'm quite suspicious, after being immediately charged for my simple note.  I've not heard anything back from the perspective client, but I'm hoping I didn't just blow another overpriced quote for nothing.

I'm a minister, and although I am happy to do whatever I can to help others, I have a very limited 'advertising' budget, per se.  I really liked it better when we paid with credits, got perks for buying more credits, and the website was up to date with the newest 'upgraded' information. 

It feels like it changes every few months, if not more frequently.  I'm pretty discouraged and quite frustrated.  I'm liking these newer features less and less.  It's really seeming like Thumbtack isn't working with us Pros.  No Pros, no business.  Besides, it's not transparent, especially without any accurate and indepth documentation of the latest "Pro" account features on the website.

Best of luck to you!

Moderator Meckell

@Dottiej I'm sorry to hear that you feel that Thumbtack isn't working with you pros. You're completely right that without pros, we aren't Thumbtack and that's why we want do all that we can to create the best experience for you. I want to hear you out and see what I can do. Send me a private message at any time with any questions or concerns, I'm happy to help in any way that I can. 

PhotobyLuigi
Level 6

I agree 100%  -  It is extremenly frustrating to have to deal with fake leads.  The price we are being charged now is no joke.  It can add up very quickly with 2-3 fake leads.  People would say things like:  "thank you",  "are you available ?", "do you take AMEX?",  or ask a question that was already answered in the quote?  and then never hear from them again.   I just had another one now.  4 in less then 30 days...  big money wasted. 

We are not complaining for a customer we couldn't close.  I understand and accept that is part of being in business, but what we cannot handle is fake leads.   Who is generating these fake leads and contacting us just for the heck of being charged ?

Moderator Meckell

@PhotobyLuigi fake leads are actually something we take VERY seriously. We have a system set in place to catch suspicious activity, so I'm sorry if you're seeing things make it through. If you catch anything that looks suspicious we definitely want to know about it! Follow these steps here to report them or send me a private message at any time with the names of the customers. Either way, they'll get looked into and we'll take the needed action. 

0 Kudos
PastorHoward
Level 6

You and I both Dotie - I have added a note to my profile that accompanies responses to quotes " I NO LONGER RESPOND TO ANY REQUEST THAT STAES NO NEED TO QUOTE _ JUST RESPOND " I have responded to way too many of these and NEVER consummated an agreement. One I actually tracked down and visited her where I was told that she was just gathering information and had received NINEdifferent respoinses, That is obscene 

PastorHoward
Level 6

pardon the typos in my last reply - I was so angry that I rushed through it and didn't proof read! 

0 Kudos
Dottiej
Level 5

@PastorHoward
Apparently, we need to figure these things out personally.  I thank you for sharing about the nine responses.  That's very telling.
Please, relax... Smiley Happy  This isn't our only avenue for reaching couples.  It used to be a good one.  Change... sometimes we need to be open to seeking out other avenues, too.  If you discover a different site or app, please pass it along.

We are quality Pros, so to speak.  I feel we deserve to be treated with more respect.  This new 'leads' process makes me feel like I'm answering a 'cattle call' for a role in a movie... Smiley Happy  Ironic...

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me/us.  It's very revealing.  Hopefully, people with the power are listening/reading.  I know they probably are.  Let's hope for change. __/|\__  

PastorHoward
Level 6

Dottie I do subscribe to WeddingWire and the knodt and get just as many inquiries and contracts via that venue or that short as I do from Thumbtack I'm trying to hang in there with them take for a little bit longer it gets more difficult by the day it's just like you say almost disrespectful to the people that are paying their salaries trying to make money at every turn without much regard to the vendors
Dottiej
Level 5

Howard,
I truly understand.  It would be helpful if there was a way to distinguish the difference between price shoppers and 'qualified' leads, and knew how many vendors were being notified of these leads.  That would help a lot.

I certainly won't be using the "No need to quote - just reply!" again.  You've helped me solidify that decision.  Once again, I thank you for sharing with me/us.

I'm not sure what algorhythm Thumbtack is using to identify who gets leads, qualified or not, for each potential customer.  I have a hunch that it's an all hands on deck, and whoever is the cheapest gets the job, but I could be wrong about who gets the contract/agreement.   It's a toss of the dice, I think... lol.  It's a tough one.  Change can be hard.

Thumbtack used to be a useful tool for me.  It feels like playing a more complicated form of a mega lottery to me now, where you don't know how much you're paying for a ticket, and if you do win, the net return is far less.  Smiley Wink 

I wish you all the best.  Please, try not to let this get you down or overly upset.  It's not worth it.