Highlighted

Re: Inspiration - Tell us your story.

Community Regular
Best Answer

My story? I was born a poor... no, wait, that's not my story...

In August of 2003, I was certified by the New England Institute of Hypnotherapy as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. At the time, I sought certification only because I wanted to lend creedence and authority to my status as a novice hypnotist. Having completed the program I found a new love for using hypnosis to help others heal themselves, getting clients  mostly by word of mouth and doing ad hoc work on request by referral.

In August of 2011, I survived a major stroke to the right side of my brain which pitched me off the path I was on and led me to a new level of advocacy and awareness activism, speaking out on behalf of people with disabilities, an underserved community in which I now found myself a member. I also discovered that within this community both where I worked and outside existed a constant need - a cry for self confidence, self-esteem and relief from the stress and anxiety brought from a largely uncaring world. I found a calling in my ability to ply my growing hypnosis trade with coaching to help calm tempers, panic attacks, anxiety, stress, and help others channel the energy they were pouring into these destructive and unhealthy behaviors and tendencies into more constructive behaviors, and perspectives. I rediscovered the love I have for helping people and found I could use my talent to truly serve my fellow man.

When I discovered Thumbtack had hypnoherapy as an offered service, I elected to wade in amongst my colleagues in the hope that I could continue to find people to help, and earn a little supplemental income at the same time.  I'm so glad I did.  It seems like everyday a new client ibrings a request for help as unique and diverse as they themselves are. I am proud that I have pledged myself to working with each new client personally to personalize their sessions with me in an effort to help them find the success within themselves for which they search.  Very soon I'll be credentialed as an executive coach and will be able to offer that as a service as well. The future looks bright!

And yes, I have been hypnotizing myself constantly since 2011 in my ongoing recovery from my stroke.

Give me an hour of your life and I'll help you change the rest of what remains.
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

What a great story @HypnoD

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Training dogs has always been a passion of mine. Getting into business was the hard part. How do I find clients? How do I get my name out there? All those questions a small business faces. All of my answers came when I started with Thumbtack. I literally created my profile, quoted my first job, and got it! It seemed too good to be true. It was just a way for me to do my passion as well as make a few extra dollars on the side.
2 years later I am now divorced but thanks to Thumbtack, I was able to quite my 9-5 office job, provide for my daughter and I, as well as buy my own home. I wouldn’t have believed you if you would have told me this is what was going to be happening in less than 3 years!
If you follow your passion, the rest will fall into place. I truly believe that. Thumbtack is the perfect avenue to help you make your dreams come true!

Community Regular
Best Answer

Have you ever trained a wolf hybrid husky to be a working dog?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
@DennisHals
I have not had that privilege. Just to work with a wolf hybrid would be a dream for me.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
What city are you in?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
Hello, I am a third gerenation flooring guy. We been in business through thick and thin opening in 1931, I have work at our business since 1983. We are a construction licensed business in Flooring. My grandfather and my dad both worked 45 years each and i’m on my 38th year. however I use computers and cell phones. They did not.
The challenges of Thumbtack not knowing anything about construction and what’s needed for estimates from client to business, there are so many different trades in floor covering, 100 different types of carpet, linoleum, vinyl sheets and hardwood, vinyl tile, what questions to ask and client to get those questions answered on the pre form so we don’t have to go to each address, gas, spend lotta overhead just to get an estimate that somebody else undercuts you so if we could ask these questions on that thumbtack page and get them answered it sure would save a lot of headaches, overhead, gas, time. especially for people like me that do not have office people I am a sole proprietor and I own and operate and run a floor covering store, and have installed 38 years all the trades and master of them .
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Hi, @DennisHals. That's so awesome that you guys have been in business all these years, definitely something to be proud of!

We're always open to feedback and would love to hear more details from you. Go ahead and send me a private message with any suggestions and I'll make sure it gets passed on to our Product Team. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer
I have tried many times with support and they have done nothing.
call me and we can discuss or I will write you a email.
What is your email address?
mine is halscarpet@yahoo.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@DennisHals I just sent you a private message, respond to that when you can. I look forward to hearing from you! 

0 Likes