Highlighted

Pro Highlights - September 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

In our work on the Pro Engagement team we have the opportunity to meet and learn about amazing pros across the country. We hear incredible stories of resilience, creativity, and community.

We’d like to start sharing some of these stories with you. We hope you’ll be as inspired as we are.

•  Tannaz is the Curly Bartender from Southern California. When she needed to temporarily shut down her mobile bartending business, because of COVID19, Tannaz immediately jumped to action. She started offering “Boozy Brunch Baskets”. With the help of her team, she delivers cocktail kits to local customers - and it has taken off more than she could ever have imagined. She also generously shares tips, tricks and resources with other bartenders around the country. She was a panelist on our recent Pro Community Roundtable Webinar - take time to listen, if you can!

• A 4 time Top Pro, with nearly 900 hires, Steve S is a handyman in San Francisco. But 7 years ago Steve didn’t even own a screwdriver! He shared his incredible journey with us:  “In 2011 I was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer and given 6 months to live. But, after several months the cancer was knocked down. A handyman friend of mine wanted to get me out of my house so he started taking me on jobs with him... I often say that cancer gave me a second chance at life. And now, thanks to Thumbtack, I can work when I want to work, I can pay my bills - I consider myself one of the luckiest men in the world. What more can I ask for?” To hear Steve, and more inspiring words from our pros, watch this video from a few months back.

• Meet Paulina, She’s an English teacher in Florida. Paulina came here from Venezuela 5 years ago. She didn’t want to work for anyone else - she wanted to be her own boss and be “the master of her own destiny”.  She found Thumbtack and from that her business as an English and Spanish tutor was born and took off quickly. She is a two time Top Pro, has a 5-star rating and has been able to build a life in a new country, thanks to her Thumbtack business.

• Danielle, our San Diego area TackMaster, has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. She shared that her calendar went from a full schedule of 30 upcoming bookings to zero. But, most of those bookings were just postponed, not cancelled. She is confident business will pick back up. She says, “Growing up in Florida, and being around tropical storms and hurricanes taught me to always prepare for the worst and hope for the best through any challenge. We will all grow from this. COVID has changed us all. I hope we will now prosper even more and turn our sights to challenging ourselves and everyone around us to become better and stronger business owners and influencers.” Her positive attitude and spirit of resiliency is truly inspiring.  

If you’d like to share your story or connect with these pros, please comment on this thread. We’d love to hear from you.

replies
Highlighted

Re: Pro Highlights - September 2020

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer