4 tips from franchise owner and Top Pro, Paige Rounds.

Thumbtack Writer hannahL
Thumbtack Writer
0 0 315

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.11.46 PM.png

Siblings Paige and Dwight Rounds always dreamed of owning their own business. So when Paige’s contract at a tech firm ended and Dwight completed his service in the U.S. Air Force, the duo made the leap and moved home to Kansas, where they opened MaidPro Wichita. A year later, the family-owned business has grown from a team of three to ten, and their roster of clients is expanding every day. Here’s what Paige told us about building a strong business.

1. Remember that your business can make a difference in other people’s lives.

I love being able to employ a team of such incredible women. The work is hard, but we’ve been lucky. Six of the eight team members we hired in the last year are still with us, which is pretty rare in this industry.

2. Refining your Thumbtack profile.

I’ve been really happy with the changes and improvements that I see being made to Thumbtack all the time, based on pros’ feedback. For example, when I set up my profile so Thumbtack sends quotes for me, I was having hard time differentiating between first-time cleaning jobs and recurring cleaning jobs. (First-time cleanings take longer so we charge more.) Recently Thumbtack  found a way to make it clear to customers that those prices are different.

3. The benefits of a broad budget.

I leave my budget wide open so we never miss an opportunity. We’re spending less on Thumbtack these days because the customers we do talk to have the intent to hire us, and they’re the only ones we’re paying for.

4. Use the calendar to book intro calls with customers.

People use the calendar to book more than just cleanings. A lot of the time, they’re just booking a 10-minute phone chat. If someone does book us through the calendar, I always want to schedule a follow-up phone call. We use arrival windows rather than exact times and we want to make sure customers who book us know that ahead of time.

Got a few great tips of your own? Share them in the Pro Forum and comment below.