It's official: You no longer pay for quotes.

Thumbtack Writer hannahL
Thumbtack Writer
2 137 21.5K

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.41.33 PM.png

Gone are the days of paying for every quote you send, whether or not the customer gets back to you. Now, you set a budget that only covers the quotes that your customer actually responds to. That means getting in front of more customers while only paying for interested leads.

But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what Top Pros on Thumbtack have to say about the new way you pay to connect with customers on Thumbtack.

Pay for customers, not quotes.

Setting your budget gives you a new level of control on Thumbtack. “You’re not just sending money into the darkness and never hearing back,” says Manuk, a personal trainer on Thumbtack. Now, Thumbtack promises not to charge you for quotes you sent but never hear back from (regardless of whether you have Instant Match turned on). Instead, Thumbtack only charges you when a customer responds to your quote, so you can focus your budget on customers who show interest in hiring you.

How it works.

“You only pay when the customer reaches out — and when they do, you know they’re serious,” says Courtney, a Top Pro fitness instructor in Georgia. To determine the number of customers you hear from in a week, you’ll be asked to set a weekly budget based on how much you want to spend, and that money goes towards customers who contact you about a job. You might come in below budget — but you’ll never be charged more than the budget you set for the week.   

Why it works.

In a word: more. That’s what Thumbtack’s new budgeting tool offers you. As New York City DJ Joel explains, “It’s widening my reach by putting me in touch with people who are actually interested in my services, not people just who I hope are interested.”

You’ll still browse jobs yourself and send estimates to the customers you want, only now you just pay when a customer contacts you. If quoting for yourself is eating up a lot of your time, consider letting Instant Match do some of the hard work for you.

What to do today.

“Set a budget that makes sense for you today. And give Instant Match a try before business gets too crazy,” says Matt, a Top Pro music instructor on Thumbtack.

If you haven’t been on Thumbtack for a while and you’re still paying for every quote you send, Thumbtack will ask you to set your budget when you send your next quote. Take time to think through the budget you set, including how many customers you want to take on in a month and how much you want to spend.

What to do a month from now.

The budget you set is flexible. It’s one of the things pros tell us they like best about Thumbtack’s budgeting tool — Thumbtack gives you a suggestion on where to start, but it’s always open to tweaks and changes. Because we know your budget isn’t ironclad and changes depending on the season you’re in and the projects you’re working on. (Not sure how much to charge? Use Thumbtack’s Pro Community to connect with pros in your area and find out.) Continue to play with the amount you spend in the next few weeks until you settle on the right amount. Then, know that changing it up is always a few clicks away.

Questions? Learn more about paying for customers and catch up on other recently added Thumbtack tools.  

137 responses
cindifit
Level 2

I used to depend on Thumbtack for extra business when I needed it, now I haven't had any response from anyone in months and months.  This new system is bull and obviously I am not the only one who thinks this way.  I tried to "chat" with someone about your "new" system and found myself saying,"this makes no sense to me..." and your representative just kept saying the same thing over and over, until I was like, "is this a recording or am I talking with a politician?" I am looking elsewhere.  You guys had a great service...you just couldn't be happy with the $$ you were making- the greed thing just trumps trying to offer a potentially better service and making more money that way.

MarkSammo
Level 4

When this new method came out, I had a lengthly conversation with someone in the office at Thumbtack... I expressed that I was appalled at the new system and wanted nothing to do with it. She assured me that I was not alone in being unhappy about the new system.  I asked that she relay my message up to the top folks who were decision makers at Thumbtack to express my ire and disappointment.  I have withdrawn my credit card info from your data base.  Obviously, many share my view point about this new pricing system. I will not be coming back until you return to a more reasonable and fair price plan.

WeddingsbyDan
Level 5

I've been with thumbtack a long time and I agree with other pros. This new gimmick only benefits thimbthum not the pros or the clients. I was caught off guard when I saw 21 dollars taken out of my bank account for one single quote in which the client asked one question then never replied.

I'm seriously considering deleting my thumbtack account. I pride myself on offering my clients low and competitive rates but with uncertain fees by this new system how can I remain competitive and offer my clients the best rates and be fair to myself. It all comes down to thumbtack falling prey to greed. I have the right mind to Partner up with pros and start a new service where pros and clients are not being taken advantage of. 

Pete
Level 4

As a few others have mentioned, I can pass the cost on to the customer. What if someone only has a question? I'll put in my profile that my minimum charge is the Thumbtack cost to me, and when I bid on a job, part of my boilerplate will be to tell them to look at the pricing info in my profile, and to state that any response will be treated as an implied contract, because of Thumbtack's pricing setup.

But honestly, given all the negative comments here, and the reality that Thumbtack ALWAYS seems to be a work in progress, I think we can expect this setup to change in a matter of weeks, if not days.

Ilenekoller
Level 4

I am so ticked! Just read the moderators comment - “you know what the cost of the message is before you send it”. That is all well in good. I have been on TT for over 10 years. I spent $22 on a client that did not hire me. So to send a message that is what it cost me! No money in so I will not respond to any more messages. Good luck on getting pros to make your customers happy. 

Then another idiot customer put out a bid, scheduled with me and sent out another bid request. “I” NOT TT let her know that each person pays for the quote to her. I informed her that she cost me $22 (only customer I got that week) and will make others incur a charge as well. I pretty told her to make up here **bleep** mind. 

This new system really sucks like everyone says. 

Angie’s List charges members a fee to belong / why can TT not do the same. I work hard doing resumes only for TT to take 1/3 of my money or more pet job. 

Please evsluate this lousy system. “We” as Pros have made your company. Quit being so so so very very greedy! 

Sincerely, 

Ilene Koller

mark1701
Level 4

I don't even know where to start as far as pointing out the COMPLETE illogic of Thumbtack's new gouging system... suffice it to say that it would be a composite of just about everyone's concerns on this thread... I also am joining the multitude of professionals who are no longer going to use Thumbtack until there are some major changes... Hannah, are you catching any of these posts???  If so, you MAY want to alert your superiors... we are NOT going to take it, and you will be losing a LOT of business in the meantime.

BigIronCruiser
Level 4

Thumbtack will never be fair to Pro's until those who create the posts/jobs have some skin in the game.  This new scheme is just another attempt to disguise the injustice.

ABSBalloons
Level 4

I wonder how our customers would feel not knowing what we were going to charge?  Why not be honest and tell us how much you are going to charge us for a quote?  It can’t be that hard thumbtack knows what they are going to charge us they just want to hide it.  Thumbtack thinks everyone who uses them must be  stupid.  

mark1701
Level 4

Once the customers find out that there is a significant decrease in pro responses, they will have no choice but to complain or go elsewhere...then perhaps TT will finally make changes (I can just see it now... "Good News!" we've changed our policy once again!")... assuming that they can find a way to make a buck out of it.

Entheo
Level 4

the new pricing model just doesn't work for us at all (jazz band). we have no way of knowing how much we're going to be charged, and most initial responses are tire kickers. we'd be happy to pay a commission FOR AN ACTUAL BOOKING, but this model is a total crap shoot. 

Moderator Meckell

@ABSBalloons you do bring up a good point, customers wouldn’t feel good not knowing what you were going to charge them until after the fact. We listened and we’re changing how we’re doing things. Like @kameronk mentioned above, we just started showing prices up front to some of our pros. Some pros will now be able to see the price they’ll pay if a customer contacts them before these pros actually decide to send a quote.

We’re excited about this and hope you guys are too. It’s still in the works, but we’re working on it to be available for all. Stay tuned! 

Moderator Meckell

Hey everyone, I just wanted to talk about some of the concerns that are getting brought up here. Pricing, I know it's not everyone's favorite thing about us right now and I get it. Price transparency is huge and will resolve a lot of your concerns. Like @Kameron mentioned above, change is on its way. Now, some pros will be able to see the price they'll pay if a customer contacts them before sending a quote. Although it's not site wide yet, it's coming and this is the first step in this transition. 

Another hope for us in the future is only charging pros when there's a hire. Here's a video we recently released with some info from one of our Product Managers. He talks about our plan and vision with specifically our pricing structure and where we eventually want to end up. Skip ahead to 10 minutes and you'll see that he starts talking about how our current model is one step closer to only paying when you're hired: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4y6XUg8cA&feature=youtu.be.

MasonMediaTN
Level 4

This new pricing structure is asinine. There use to be “need more info” in the quote section in case you needed more info. In my case I do aerial photography and video via drone. I am registered with the FAA to do it commercially, legally. Many times I need more info such and site location so that I can check for any no fly zones or if there are any specific airspace regulations for a specific site. I need this info before a making a quote so that I know if the job can even be done legally. To be charged for finding out this information is utterly redicilous. You should not be charged for needing more info on a job!!!

Ilenekoller
Level 4

Paying for a contact is much much different than getting hired. It is totally a rip off to your pros. If TT does not see that then you are just plain GREEDY!

PerfixSolutions
Level 4

TT called me a couple months ago and said that TT was changing and asked if i wanted to contribute any thoughts. I asked that there could be a way to have the client be asked better questions, instead of basically nothing. Now at this cost, I am seriously thinking about leaving TT. 

whooper
Level 5

I have tried and tried to get TT to explain their mystery algorithm, to no avail. There is much group speak about the components of a bid and TT computer accessing the charges. Heres the truth, TT trots out the big job's and charges the big fee's. The customer, party planner, bored housewife, eager bride to be, overwrought office clerk, telemarketing agency, roofing repair company... this could go on forever. Anyone can request our info, we pay... not them.

And they do, lowered my budget to $40.00, guess what... one quote cost me $40.00... surprise... and it was a telemarketing company phishing for clients!!! Thumbtack might want to take a note from Table at Home. They're pimps too, but they take their money after you book the job.

clffjhnsn
Level 2

I like instant match, in theory, but I haven't landed anything through it yet.  What I don't like is I'm not told how much any particular quote will cost, should the potential customer respond to my quote.  I will need to be in control of what I will be charged because I want to pick and choose the jobs that I feel are the best deals for the dollars spent.  So the changes I feel are bad.

BlackbirdMusic
Level 5

I agree with everyone else on here! One time I had to pay for a customer who replied to my quote saying “Thanks, but I'm going a different route.” NO ma’am thank you for costing me money just for your response to turn me down.... I feel like maybe we should only be charged if we are hired instead of being charged for someone saying “I changed my mind”!

I agree with everyone else I miss the old way right before you guys upgraded to this.

PLUS not to mention the one time thumbtack associated my account with someone else that wasn’t me nor connected to me and deactivated it for TWO WEEKS!!!

I was in the middle of talking to 3 potential clients at the time and lost there business to someone else thanks Not being able to respond to them my to mention the numerous of clients I could have been sending quotes!

I am glad at least we aren’t paying for them unless the respond but Thumbtack you don’t have it quite right yet. 

Moderator Kameron

Hey @whooper as @Meckell and I mentioned above more transparent pricing is coming soon. We also have hopes in line with paying per hire however that will take some time and steps which we are striving to make. I'd like to hear more about the contact you reference to in your post. If you'd send me a private message with your account email address and the customers name I can take a look and get back to you with what I find.

whooper
Level 5

Table at Home, check out their template.

I sent you a private message.

I hope this is a primary conversation within your company, it is with us.

W

LauraWarren
Level 4

That's it.  I really prefer the old way.  I tried to submit a response for a free quote yesterday and wasn't allowed to until I created a budget.  I don't think I'll be using Thumbtack any more.  Paying just in case someone might contact me for a real job isn't worth it.

earthangel0426
Level 4

With all due respect KameronK....what you are stating is not an answer because ever moment that is wasted on newer updates coming in the months ahead is $ and clients wasted for us.  As professionals, we don't have the time to wait.  Your comment of:

Hey @whooper as @MeckellB and I mentioned above more transparent pricing is coming soon. We also have hopes in line with paying per hire however that will take some time and steps which we are striving to make. 

Coming soon? What the heck are you guys doing over at TT?  That would take some time and steps?? HUH? !Guys...you are a fully operational company.  Does Mr. Marco Zappacosta knows this?  I understand that things are never as easy as they appear but this feels and seems pretty basic.  With all due respect, I know you work for TT and are trying to be politically correct and professional but it is not helping AT ALL. We need action not words. We GET IT...coming soon.  Not an answer...sorry.  Just some schooling.....I worked 24 years for a major Fortune 500 IT company and never in a million years would we have implemented anything to our customers (your said pros) before testing it over and over again in a back office environment before launching.Glitches as big as this need to be worked out completely prior to implementation.   Why on earth would you use your pros as the proverbial guinea pigs???? Please get these comments combined and sent to Mr. Zappacosta because with the time you are wasting making changes, you are going to lose some pretty good pros and don't think we won't tell people NOT to use Thumbtack.  Because if you won't protect us, we need to protect others.  We understand that nothing is perfect and there are always bugs and things to work out but this is very very different than that.  We would expect that.  This is TT not putting their pros first and caring more about $$ in their pockets.  Typical corporate greed. With the old system, I got tons of clients.  It was affordable yet effective. I was SO grateful to TT and sang your praises to anyone that would listen.  And this is not a matter of us wanting something for nothing.  As pros, we get that we should pay but something fair.  Once you implemented the new system and Instant Match....I went weeks without any client requests coming my way.  That doesn't work. Something went very wrong.  The old system, tons of clients.   It's pretty clear and we, as pros, see right through it and aren't going to buy a "coming soon" answer.  TT should WANT to retain and do whatever it takes to please their pros which again is their bread and butter. And apparently from all the comments, it's not just my opinion.  

dagomatic
Level 6

@earthangel0426 ...Really well said. I have always gotten the sense that the TT marketing team just randonmly tries things, without ever actually thinking anything through. I mean look at the mess they have gotten themselves into now, and the irony, is that they launced their TT Community site (at least as far as I know) at the same time that they completely changed their pricing structure. Mr. Zappacosta you might want to have a meeting to decipher why TT keeps shooting itself in the foot. Let's Get Some Kudos!!!

NEProMaids
Level 2

I've never wasted as much money on advertising that resulted in ZERO client conversions as I have on Thumbtack.  If you own a service business do yourself a favor....invest in a good website and a well run google adword campaign and walk away from Thumbtack.  Your money will be better spent that way.  Thumbtack is a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.  

garymp62
Level 4

I would rather pay for each quote. If I send out a quote and don’t have to pay for it and the customer replies “no thank you”, I’m now  paying to definitely not get the gig. Pointless.

garymp62
Level 4

In addition I used to get quotes several times a week. since the beginning of this year I have received none!  What’s up with that?

BigIronCruiser
Level 4

Thumbtack continues to have it backward when it comes to whom they perceive as their customer.  Per the dictionary, a customer is "a person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or business".  The last time I checked, those who create a post/job don't pay a dime, yet Thumbtack treats THEM as if they were their customer.

whooper
Level 5

Lol, yeah I just went with Google Adwords, Now I KNOW WHAT I'M SPENDING.

phmac
Level 4

Now it's very similar to Home Advisor which is pretty much a rip. Home Advisor sends you the lead and then they tell you how much it costs after they send it, and it seems purely random.

DNAssociates
Level 6

My last post where I included the email  back and forth between me and TT customer support regarding the issue of refunding the charges I have incurred on contacts that were, well lets just say a DEAD END, has been REMOVED from this feed. Actually, they have removed numerous posts I have placed. OBVIOUSLY, I have hit some nerves and instead of owning their mistakes, they prefer to just IGNORE the truth, shove it aside, and CONTINUE to RIP everyone off. Makes me SICK!!

Moderator Meckell

@DNAssociates if posts go against our community guidelines in any way, it will be removed. Your post wasn’t constructive in working toward a solution. The emails were private and they also included first and last names of customers you were requesting a refund for. That’s not information that should be shared. If you have any other questions about this, please send me a private message.

whooper
Level 5

@Meckell 

Dear Person,

My post were edited as well under the guise of using language that was non-constructive. Oh, Golly Gee, I wish I could find the perfect turn of phrase to communicate the bad-bad feeling of being taken advantage of and being told, Shhhhh, it's gonna be ok. You do realize you're dealing with adults, entrepreneurs, artist, freethinkers, humans. It's seconds away from someone creating a platform that gives us what you do not. You can hush, hush us all you want. I read over 7 pages of unhappy thoughts and expressions about your company, on many other websites... ones that you can not edit, delete, augment or fit to your reality. The world sees you for what you are the tunnel vision is yours, not ours.

mwcrosson
Level 5

Well, I think the voices of Thumbtack Pros have been heard and the verdict on the new changes are overwhelmingly negative.  It's management's decision whether or not they will listen.  These changes were so ill-conceived, frankly I'm not they will change direction.  At any rate, I think Thumbtack is losing a tremendous amount of goodwill from the Pros they rely on.  This will be a very costly mistake for them IMHO.

WeddingsbyDan
Level 5

Thumbtack if you guys read these posts I would really like to setup some time to help you make your business more efficient and fair to everyone. My background in legal, accounting and business may be beneficial to you. I have been with you guys a long time but have stopped using thumbtack since all these changes. I'm affraid if you keep staying this course other pros like me will follow suit and simply stop using thumbtack. I can help. In any case immediate changes need to be made. Many if us are very small pros and can not afford these uncertain fee structures for quotes that do not always result in hires. I'd be willing to help 

revbrian
Level 8

@WeddingsbyDan - I agree that its unsustainable for me to stay here on TT too much longer. The rate of return is just too low now.

You said:

"I have been with you guys a long time but have stopped using thumbtack since all these changes."

"I'm affraid if you keep staying this course other pros like me will follow suit and simply stop using thumbtack."

I am at that point today. Two or three bookings in about an eight week period is really nowhere near what I need from TT. 

"Many if us are very small pros and can not afford these uncertain fee structures for quotes that do not always result in hires. I'd be willing to help."

I agree again. I think our gripes should have alerted TT to just how bad it all is right now for us. 

Jevakat
Level 5

There has been alot of discussion on here about how we, as pros, are now charged. It seems nobody likes it.  I stopped bidding on things because I didn't know what I was going to be charged.  Well, there was a bid I put out about a month ago.  The guy finally messages me back and ask what my availability was. Fortunately I could start the next day.  I never heard anything for a few more days.  When I checked my bank account TT had taken $75 for him to ask me that.  WTF, seriously, $75. I'm definitely done with TT.  I also noticed that he answere 9 other pros. Not a bad payday for one job for TT.  I feel sorry for the Pros that are just starting on here.  If TT keeps this same format, I think they should at least tell the Pros how much it is to bid on--If answered. I think it's a little sneaky the way it is now. 

Jevakat
Level 5
Forgot to add that I was not the pro that was hired.
Amarco
Level 5

I been with Thumbtack from the beginning. Now I don't even know my charges. Now I check my bank and notice charges 3 times the amount from before. Thinking about leaving. 

Amarco
Level 5

Charge for a small deck..$53.00. crazy

Charge for a other deck $70+ 

This is getting out of hand... 

JohnnyDeadmon
Level 4

THUMBTACK......ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION ???????

YOU'RE SCREWING YOUR CUSTOMERS OVER !!!!!

HAVE YOU READ ONE POSITIVE POST ABOUT YOUR NEW "PRICING" POLICY ?????

WAKE UP AND COME BACK TO THE REAL WORLD WITH US.

revbrian
Level 8

@Amarco "I been with Thumbtack from the beginning. Now I don't even know my charges. Now I check my bank and notice charges 3 times the amount from before. Thinking about leaving."

You are not alone in this.

TT have been very slow to respond to complaints and even then have only promised change. No shared plans. No roadmap. No timeline.

One can only wait so long...

Moderator Jordan

Hi all, wanted to pop in to let you know we are seeing this thread. While feedback takes time to implement, please know we take your concerns very seriously. We know the way pricing is structured right now isn't perfect. Giving you a better sense of what you’ll be charged has been priority number one for our Product Team and they recently shared some good news: this week a percentage of pros now see the price they’ll pay if a customer contacts them before they actually decide to send a quote.

This is the Product Teams first version of this update. It’s still a work in progress, but it's progress, and they’re working hard to make this available to all of our pros as soon as possible.

JohnnyDeadmon
Level 4

What is this bs about letting some pros know up fromt what they will be charged, but not all of us. If you can do it for some you can do it for all just as easily....it's just a few clicks then boom.....done. Are you scared more of us will leave if we know? How about losing the lip service and trying some customer service. I treat my customers with more honesty and respect than I'm currently getting here.

Marrymellc17
Level 6

Please read your feed thumbtack.  You’ve killed our work on your site.  We were successful - very successful on Thumbtack but not any more.   It’s not working for us or the customers because they’re not hiring and overwhelmed and it can’t possibly be working for you as you are losing all your top pros.   GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS WHEN CUSTOMERS HIRED, PROS WERE SUCCESSFUL AND HIRED AND YOU WERENT RECEIVING SO MUCH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!   Please!    

StevenCee
Level 6

"It's official: You no longer pay for quotes."

Even the title isn't accurate, because we sure are paying for quotes, and that the cost is unknown until AFTER we're charged is probably the most outrageous policy I've ever seen in over 30 years of being a pro musician!  Who would EVER purchase a product or service having no idea whatsoever it's going to cost them?  I can't even believe I had to write such a no-brainer comment as that, but apparently I do, because your staff must live on a different planet than the rest of us, if you think this is a great new way of doing business.

Even with the pay per quote method, your fees were all over the place, having no consistent standards as to why some would be higher than others. So now, to roll the dice, giving you carte blanche to charge whatever you like, with NO UPGRADE as to the quality of pre-screening questions clients must answer, means you do nothing to improve your service, yet expect us to pay jacked up prices for this new system of quoting, and that's supposed to be an improvement, much less mean we "no longer pay for quotes"?  Seriously?

Simply hearing back from a client may be nothing more than them asking a question, and they'd have few questions if WE had some more information before having to submit a quote. As a band, there are so many variables we need to know, before we can ever give a serious quote, we're not a service that's got a set menu of costs, so we need clarification, and it's now far too expensive just to find out if we're even right for what they are looking for, much less booking the gig.

I've completely stopped to responding to all offers, even the few I know we're a perfect fit for, and would be a great choice for the client, but I am not going to ever purchase something having no idea whatsoever it's going to cost ahead of time! Who does that, ever, with anything?

NucleusG4
Level 5

"What is this

@hannahL wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.41.33 PM.png

Gone are the days of paying for every quote you send, whether or not the customer gets back to you. Now, you set a budget that only covers the quotes that your customer actually responds to. That means getting in front of more customers while only paying for interested leads.

But don’t take our word for it. Here’s what Top Pros on Thumbtack have to say about the new way you pay to connect with customers on Thumbtack.

Pay for customers, not quotes.

Setting your budget gives you a new level of control on Thumbtack. “You’re not just sending money into the darkness and never hearing back,” says Manuk, a personal trainer on Thumbtack. Now, Thumbtack promises not to charge you for quotes you sent but never hear back from (regardless of whether you have Instant Match turned on). Instead, Thumbtack only charges you when a customer responds to your quote, so you can focus your budget on customers who show interest in hiring you.

How it works.

“You only pay when the customer reaches out — and when they do, you know they’re serious,” says Courtney, a Top Pro fitness instructor in Georgia. To determine the number of customers you hear from in a week, you’ll be asked to set a weekly budget based on how much you want to spend, and that money goes towards customers who contact you about a job. You might come in below budget — but you’ll never be charged more than the budget you set for the week.   

Why it works.

In a word: more. That’s what Thumbtack’s new budgeting tool offers you. As New York City DJ Joel explains, “It’s widening my reach by putting me in touch with people who are actually interested in my services, not people just who I hope are interested.”

You’ll still browse jobs yourself and send estimates to the customers you want, only now you just pay when a customer contacts you. If quoting for yourself is eating up a lot of your time, consider letting Instant Match do some of the hard work for you.

What to do today.

“Set a budget that makes sense for you today. And give Instant Match a try before business gets too crazy,” says Matt, a Top Pro music instructor on Thumbtack.

If you haven’t been on Thumbtack for a while and you’re still paying for every quote you send, Thumbtack will ask you to set your budget when you send your next quote. Take time to think through the budget you set, including how many customers you want to take on in a month and how much you want to spend.

What to do a month from now.

The budget you set is flexible. It’s one of the things pros tell us they like best about Thumbtack’s budgeting tool — Thumbtack gives you a suggestion on where to start, but it’s always open to tweaks and changes. Because we know your budget isn’t ironclad and changes depending on the season you’re in and the projects you’re working on. (Not sure how much to charge? Use Thumbtack’s Pro Community to connect with pros in your area and find out.) Continue to play with the amount you spend in the next few weeks until you settle on the right amount. Then, know that changing it up is always a few clicks away.

Questions? Learn more about paying for customers and catch up on other recently added Thumbtack tools.  

about letting some pros know up fromt what they will be charged, but not all of us. If you can do it for some you can do it for all just as easily....it's just a few clicks then boom.....done."
Yeah.. I'm not buying it either. I think it sounds like the real number is 'none'. since 'some' is impossible to prove.

NucleusG4
Level 5

"As a band, there are so many variables we need to know, before we can ever give a serious quote, we're not a service that's got a set menu of costs, so we need clarification, and it's now far too expensive just to find out if we're even right for what they are looking for, much less booking the gig."

Same here as a photographer. The devil is in the details.

NucleusG4
Level 5

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 12.47.55 PM.jpg

I HIGHLY doubt anyone has ever received 3 quotes for $20.00

jmjaysonesquire
Level 2

Yes I am saying good bye too!

It is a shame!

I loved your old product and thought ift fair and reasonable!

I have paid i beleive $400 this week with not one valid lead!

jmjaysonesquire
Level 2

I cant afford to pay for clients who are not seriously looking to hire a professional!

Go back to old system!

About the Author
Hey pros, we're happy to have you here in the Community! This is a great place for you to connect with other pros, give ideas, and share your successes! I, along with other members of the team are here to help the Community run smoothly, and of course, create a sense of partnership with you pros! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We aim to get back to you within 24 hours - aside from holidays and weekends. If you're ever looking for immediate customer support, I encourage you to utilize one of our many available customer support channels. I look forward to connecting with you all!