Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MR
Level 11

Re: A sign of good things (and leads) to come

@Meckell Let me respond here on Uber integration as others may want to add more thoughts.

I am sure you have seen this functionality in airline mobile apps... when you land in your destination, you get a pop up from the airline that says "welcome to Chicago. Do you need a ride to your destination? We can set that up for you by just clicking here"

Works great - its a revenue share deal between airline and Uber/Lyft - I know, I worked on the contract for it for a major US carrier. The take rate on that function is actually quite impressive because the first thing people do is pull out their phones when the plane lands... almost every passenger is looking at a phone and the first thing they see is an invitation to book a ride or a hotel... many take the offer.

Anyway.. here, If a pro is marked as hired - and its a job where the lead has to go to the pro... when hired is turned on, app could send a pop up to lead that says.. "Great that you have made arrangements to see therapist Suzy! Will you need a ride to your appointment? If so, we can help you set that up... just click here and we'll get started"  and then the user gets sent to a captive TT/Uber/Lyft co-branded site that arranges the rideshare.

I hope this makes sense - loads of opportunity here if you just loosen up the thought that the whole world needs to be inside of the TT universe...TT has its place but is best served if it doesnt try to be everything.  I have loads of ideas how TT can integrate in all sorts of ways for all sorts of professions  as, as I said, I worked on those e-commerce projects for one of the world's largest air carriers.... 

Another example may be to send the lead to a co branded home depot site  to purchase a garbage disposal after they book an appointment to have a pro come out to install one. This gives the lead choices and feels like TT is so well integrated it is helping the lead take care of the whole thing by providing suggestions and options for more than just booking a pro as there is so much more to that process from a consuler view. You would have to bring back and even enhance the questions asked in the booking path to do this - but you should do that anyway - removing the questions was not the right thing to do as it severely limits TT's ability to shine.

MR
Level 11

@Meckell Just to add a bit to Another example may be to send the lead to a co branded home depot site  to purchase a garbage disposal after they book an appointment to have a pro come out to install one.

Note that this is not simply a swap over to the Home Depot site - this is a co branded revenue share deal - the site shows TT-preferred pricing and TT takes a percentage of the purchase price if the lead purchases through that site.

These are complex deals but can be worth a lot of revenue. People love the convenience in being able to take care of all of their needs in one "transaction"

I spent many years negotiating these types of deals... they can be amazingly profitable even with very small rev share percentages.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

All of your additional thoughts are great @MR. As always, I'll pass them along Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@KenzieL 

I'm in agreement with @MR, this change is a non-event for me as well! I can see everything very well, they don't need to be highlighted. @Meckell ,If TT isn't making the cusotmer provide a phone number, then delete the phone number box. Leaving it there makes the Pros feel that customer forgot to put their phone number. But not to repeat myself from other threads, if I pay for a lead, I need some contact information(email and/or phone) Paying for a lead without contact information, leads to more ghosting.

@KenzieLI know all about responding within 5 minutes that I may have 50% chance of getting a response. But again, not to repeat myself from other threads,  not many of us can sit by our phone or computers 24/7, because of various factors. If a lead comes in a Pro's inbox, how are they supposed to answer within 5 minutes if they are in a meeting, driving, doctor's office, etc.? Please explain.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie but wouldn't you want to know if the customer provided their phone number? That tag will only appear if the customer does indeed share their phone number. Although it's not something we require from customers, they still have the option to share that info. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell
I do WANT that option!! But it should be a requirement for customers to provide.
Thumbtack requires ALL Pros to provide their numbers, why not customers? It should work both ways.
In my business, I require a customer to provide a phone number. Believe it or not, ALL customers provide their phone number. I'm sure all Pros will agree with me that their customers provide phone numbers
DNGVideo
Level 6

@KenzieL How about showing the number of lifetime hires this customer had? Or at least showcase achievement milestone hires, such as Customer hired via TT: first timer, 1 hire, 3 hires, 5 hires, and Top Customers with 10 hires, 20+ hires. Would be useful and reciprocate the standard that customers use to judge pros with hires, ratings, response times, and other informative widgets.

Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee KenzieL
Thumbtack Employee

I love these ideas. I'm going to pass them along to our team working on creating these tags. 

Well, theres a genius idea...so many easy solution's, phone numbers, more details, notifications when customers read your replies, limiting leads to only between 3 to 5 pros, ability to set a milage parameter ...just to name a few!
Thanks TT
Scott D.
All Pro Painting
0 Kudos