Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Add your prices. Get a rank boost.

@nunz it's not completely removed, we've just made some changes to it. Promote essentially works a lot like Instant Match, but better and fits well with our new system. We made the decision to announce this once we announced the new system to help eliminate confusion.

0 Kudos
Djblack2065
Level 3

This is nothing but wrong. For someone that is new to thumbtack, this will not be the app for them. At least till they get a few number of feedback. But it will be hard for them to get hired due to customers who will basically pick you out of a lineup.
Since the customer picks you out of a lineup, now it makes it that much harder for people with low and high prices. And no prices as well. People with low prices might get picked first over the people with high prices. Especially if they are offering the same thing. So if I don’t have pricing, customers contact me, then I get charged for that? No I think I will pass on using it.
The pricing in my opinion is high already from how it used to be. Then it basically double. Now your telling me that I only get charge for when a customer contacts me. That’s like double jeopardy. What if I don’t want to be contacted for that type of job? What if I’m already booked and they contact me for the same date? What if it’s in a area I don’t want to go in? These are things that “thumbtack” should take into consideration!
Rdouthit
Level 5

I dont see any option for setting price for the Video Production category. I'm not fond of the idea of stating pricing like this, but I'd at least like clients to understand that I'm not the cheap option. I should be able to set an hourly rate if nothing else. Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.38.57 PM.png

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Rdouthit some categories won't have the option to list pricing. We know that some categories are a bit more complicated and will require discussion with the customer. Just know if it's this way for you it will be the same for other pros in that category. I'd recommend laying out how your video production pricing works in your profile for them to see.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
techlabpgp
Level 4

In regard to the some categories won't have pricing, can I suggest that mine be inluded? One of my services is scanning photos. I scan prints, negatives and slides. They each have a different pricing structure, plus resolution scanned, plus an option for prints that is not available for slides or negs, etc. I don't like being automatically matched and then charged. My "match" today is not in my free pickup/delivery area either so my price is now totally misleading to the customer. I can certainly discuss with him about the rush fee I would have to charge because he needs it so fast (which I would normally waive it being for a funeral but he lives almost 50 miles from me).

As a customer I get it, we all like to see prices or at least a range to see if I can even afford a service even if it's of higher value than another. In this case however it works against me. That's why I turned off Instant Match when that's what it was called, I immediately got a customer who was totally wrong and it was a waste of time for both of us. Needless to say I never heard from her again.