Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

April's product roundup

Below is an updated list of product changes we shipped during the month of April. We’d love to hear what you think and we want your feedback.

Don’t see your idea on this list? That doesn’t mean we aren’t working on it. Some features are much more complicated than they seem and take time to implement. Have other ideas? Reply below to share your suggestion and you may see it in a future update.

Major updates for pros in April:

• Customer Demo: Customers find pros like you through search results, and we now have a quick way to look yourself up and see firsthand how you show up and where you rank. The goal is to help you find ways to get in front of more of the customers you want.  Take a look at the link to the demo.

April1.png

April2.png

• Highlighting Nearby Jobs in the Lead: When leads are just outside your preferences, we now indicate that on the lead to help you better identify the ones you want mostApril3.png

• Lead Signals: To help pros easily identify leads that are either more valuable or more likely to turn into hires we now highlight facts about the project that could be overlooked like “only contacted you”, “provided pictures”, “recurring job”, etc.April4.png

• Customer notification - reminder to respond: To help remind customers that they have pros interested in their job, we are now sending a Reminder push notification 6 hours after the first pro responds (so long as the customer hasn’t responded to any other pros at that point).April5.png

• Image Quality: We updated our quality and dimension criteria for images on Thumbtack and removed existing images that did not fit these guidelines. Our goal is to help you get hired, and customers want to see quality images when they're deciding who to hire. By making sure the photos in your profile are clear and high-quality, you can showcase your work in the best light. This update also helps your photos load faster, giving customers a better experience when they view your profile.

Smaller changes for pros:

• Updates to prioritize relevant reviews on a pro’s service page: Reviews now show up for customers in order based on the relevance of the text in the review, so customers will see reviews most closely related to their job.
46 responses
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: April's product roundup (Coming soon)

@JasonB 

Would love to see what awesome product changes await all Pros.

Is it possible to put these product changes out at the beginning of the month, so we aren't surprised during the month when they occur? Just a suggestion.

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie glad that you're excited! Thanks for the feedback regarding this post, we're always trying our best to get you guys needed info as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Well, I'm excited if it's true what @JasonB says about the upcoming changes to be awesome. I hope that the upcoming changes will be more than awesome for the Pros.

Lar
Level 10

That's brilliant Jason, thanks for giving us a heads-up, much appreciated. I'm super excited to see what Thumbtack's latest update will do to resolve the top priority issues of increasing lead volume and increasing lead quality. If you say there are going to be 'awesome product changes' then this must be the BIGEE update we've been looking forward to for so long. I can't wait!

Cheers,
Laurence.

MR
Level 11

@JasonB A tease message such as yours implies that an update of new features was to be released in the next 24 hours or so... it is now Friday. You know morale is low here and we are all waiting for change to begin happening. Actions such as this only make things worse.

Any chance you can give us something to review any time soon???

Moderator Meckell

@MR I apologize for any confusion as to when you thought these updates would be shared. A timeframe was not promised, but they will be shared with you soon! We understand that you're eager to hear some of the new updates that we're working on, and we're happy to hear that. Please know that as soon as Jason has all of the info to share with you, it will be shared. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Meckell @JasonB This is a curious topic. In the past year, I do not recall getting any notification of any changes. Have you turned off notices to some Pros? What email address do you use to send these notices? Is it possible my ISP is blocking TT as spam?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC pros are notified in a variety of different ways. It can be through the app as a banner or push notification, an email, or an announcement here in the Community. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Using so many varied ways to communicate is at best haphazard. TT should standardise their communications with pros in a more consistant and reliable way. This is especially true of the use of the Community. Pros like me who get no leads find very little value in coming to the community. Had I not been informed by a post on the unofficial Facebook Group, I would have never known.

Up your game.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections