Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: April's product roundup

Well, @JasonB , it looks like my initial suggestion from 5 months ago isn't here again. Would like to know how to track down the status. Any ideas?

As for the Awesome April Product Changes, you forgot to mention Recent Updates To Job Questions that will be taken away on April 29, 2019. A fellow Pro had to post it before I did. Very important questions for each category were taken away for some unknown reason. Why is that?

As for what you posted today, Highlighting nearby jobs? What about providing us local leads in the Jobs Tab, not highlighting ones that are near our travel preferences? I still won't travel outside my preferred travel area for a job. Customer not going to pay me extra for gas, hotel if needed, etc. Please tell your Product Team to synch Promoted Travel Preferences to Jobs Tab!!! Many Pros have voiced this concern before.

If Thumbtack didn't remove the "customer viewed" tool for us, we would be reminding the customer ourselves, instead of Thumbtack doing that during a specified time. After all, aren't we as Pros supposed to be engaging in customer communication? Or is that being taken away from us altogether?

Stevie

BillPersons
Level 6

Customer Demo, Lead Signals, Customer Reminders, review relevance - all good things, thank you!

And, with the regard to the email announcement today that some questions will be removed from the customer dialog,  I'd like to say "two thumbs up!"  - that's the first time i've seen changes pre-announced, and I hope it becomes the norm quickly.    I'm not as sure about the actual changes themselves, but I'll give them time to play out.   That's tougher to do when you're caught by surprise.

Naturally, I have a few suggestions for improvement:

- announce changes earlier in the schedule.  partly so that we can review and make changes if needed, but,  more importantly,  to give time for TT to get feedback on how these might impact us.   Often the idea is good, but the implementation creates entirely new issues (the recent deluge of far-flung job requests is a case in point).

- as suggested in this thread,  track and publish which of these changes address suggestions from the pro community. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@BillPersons thanks for recognizing our efforts to be better at keeping pros in the loop and for sharing these additional suggestions. I'll be sure to share these thoughts with our teams. 

0 Kudos
TheLast10SF
Level 7

What's the actual improvement for the Demo feature? I liked the competitive insights link but it seems like the only new thing is now you can't click-through to the Pros profile. I found being able to click all the way through to the Pros profile very useful to better understand who I'm competing with.

Kudos on the tags, they're very helpful. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@TheLast10SF happy to hear that you're excited about the tags! Be sure to check out our thread about it here. The update with the demo is that it is quicker for you to see where you rank in search results. Now, you can look yourself up in just one click! 

0 Kudos
MLCC
Level 6

Please bring back the ability to see the other Pros in our category!

Question: Why did you take this away?

When you make changes, can you please also consider the impact it will have on the Pros? Perhaps making changes after surveying Pros on how it impacts us might allow us to feel more like we are partnering together.

It "feels" like the emphasis is really more about benefitting the Customer.

We all want the Customer to have an amazing experience. I'd like to believe Thumbtack wants the Pros to have the same. Smiley Happy

Thank you for your reply to my specific question: What is the reason Thumbtack took away the ability to view Pros' profiles?

Moderator Kameron

@MLCC Although we do prevent pros from contacting another in the same category, pros can still view other pros and their profiles when viewing the actual search results online. It sounds to me like you've gone through the Customer Demo mentioned in this post. In that experience, the demo is meant to only show the list view and how the search filters and ranking are applied. If you'd like to view your competition even more closely then you just need to view the search results through your customer account. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MLCC
Level 6

Thanks for your reply, Kameron!

0 Kudos
MLCC
Level 6

Letting Pros manage their own reviews

It would be helpful if you let the Pros decide how to organize and highlight reviews rather than trying to make that decision for us. 

We know our businesses and we know what our particular industry or niche is looking for. Letting us choose which reviews are most relevant to what we are trying to accomplish and who we want to attract is better. There are some reviews we'd like to highlight and prioritize over others to help us showcase our businesses more appropriately and get hired more. 

It would be better to give Pros more decision making responsibility and authority of how we are marketing ourselves.

Thank you, 

Michelle MacGregor

jcp
Level 9

Re: Letting Pros manage their own reviews

Agree - I just noticed - I prefer having my most recent review come up first - so it shows that I am currently active. Actually - I pay for this service so that is what I want. Having a review from 2 years ago show first makes it appear that was my last review. Look at yelp- you always see the most recent review. That’s how reviews work. Yelp is the leader in “reviews” so take a note from their book. Please - show my last review first and in chronological order from there. Or let us choose. It is counter productive to see a review from 2 years ago - it’s common sense in advertising and reviews to show the latest first. Come on .....