results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Community Manager Drew
Community Manager

August’s product improvements

Below is an updated list for the month of August. We’d love to hear what you think and we want your feedback!

Don’t see your idea on this list? That doesn’t mean we aren’t working on it. Some features are much more complicated than they seem and take time to implement. Have other ideas? Reply below to share your suggestion and you may see it in a future update!

Updates for pros in August:

• New criteria for Top Pro: To qualify for the January 2020 Class, you’ll need to meet the new criteria for Top Pro. A few of the changes include:

• Faster response time from 24 hours to 4 hours, in order to align our criteria with customer expectations (24 hours simply isn’t fast enough to close most jobs!).
    • Background checks are now required to receive this stamp of approval. We offer free background checks through Checkr, an accredited third-party provider. Checkr will ask for your name, contact information and social security number. You must be the Thumbtack account holder in order to take the background check. It can take a few weeks to get results, but you should receive them within 10-17 business days. Take yours now.

Top Pro Criteria

Value

4.8 Average review rate (verified reviews only)

Exceptional Quality

5 Verified reviews

Persistence

Responds to 75% of contacts to within 4 hours

Professionalism

Has a background check on file

Trustworthiness

• Top pro insights page: In order to give pros more control and transparency, you can now view and track your Top Pro status directly in your insights page. This page will allow pros to track their progress toward earning Top Pro status. Check it out here.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.54.26 PM.png

• Hide my business: Going on vacation, or no time for new jobs right now? You don’t have to close up shop completely. Instead, hide your business from customer search results. When you hide your business, new customers can’t find or contact you on Thumbtack. You can still message current customers, and you decide when you’re ready to appear in search results again.Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.46.27 PM.png

• Customer Travels to Pro: You gave us great feedback — we’re excited to share a new update we’ve made that lets you choose how far customers can travel for your services! When you set your travel preferences, you can select how far customers can travel to you. That means you’ll only pay automatically for leads from customers within the distance you set.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.49.55 PM.png

• Update to notification toggles: The email notification toggles in Settings have been updated to clarify what each notification means.
    • Note: the filter on the jobs tab does not affect this notification
    • If a pro has Targeting Preferences ON, they don't get any job opportunity notifications for that service.
    • New leads and messages - Pros will be notified of new leads and responses from customers
    • Lead reminders - Pros will be reminded of leads they have not replied to (including if they are not interested and have not declined the lead)
    • All opportunities in Jobs tab - Pro will be notified of all job opportunities where the customer contacted another pro
    • Best opportunities in Jobs tab - These are "Hot Jobs" where a customer hasn't heard from the pro they contacted in the first 4 hours. 
    • Refunds - Pro will be notified when they are refunded from a lead (the money be in the pro's account, but won't be refunded to their card)

Note: To turn off your push notifications, you can either turn off all notifications from the settings on your phone or you can log into the Thumbtack Pro app > Profile > Settings > Notifications and from there turn off specific notifications.pasted image 0.png

6 responses

Re: August’s product improvements

@Drew The default setting for customers to travel to me is set at 1 mile. It is the lowest possible option. None of my customers travel to me, ever. How do I reconcile this?

0 Kudos

@Drew The criteria chart for Top Pro Status is seen by only us, correct? 

0 Kudos

@Drew  Is the "The Best opportunities in the Jobs tab" button the same as "Great Fit"?

0 Kudos

@Drew Is it possible the backround check could be conducted by other sources, such as a local police precinct or state trooper barrack? I just had one in my state's capitol  last semester as I am a Tutor in the public school system. There has been a lot of feedback in the Community about Checkr being sketch.

Moderator Meckell

@ChefOfAllSeason happy to answer these questions!

You have it listed in your profile that you travel to your customers. Because you don't have the option selected that customers travel to you, you won't need to worry about this. 

The Top Pro insights in your profile can only be viewed by yourself. However, Top Pro criteria is available on our Help Center which all pros and customers can view. 

The Best Opportunities in the Jobs tab is a notification that is for jobs in the Jobs tab that we feel are a great fit for you based on your preferences and past jobs you've quoted on. You may notice that some of those jobs will also have Great fit on it.

If you're wanting to have it shown on your profile that you've taken a background check, you'll need to take that through Checkr. If you have any questions or concerns about Checkr, I would recommend contacting their customer support team. 

0 Kudos

Thanks Meckell. I asked about the rectangle shaped chart that bears the heading “Top Pro Criteria”. I am already aware that the donut chart appears in the insights. Please clarify.
0 Kudos