Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: February’s product improvements

@lenaebdgr if they're customers who've contacted you and you have them in your inbox, they'll stay there forever. We are able to see them from our end, but we do need the name of the customer to make sure we're looking at the correct lead you're referring to. 

0 Kudos

YOU HIDE THIS HERE AND DON'T NOTIFIY US??????

I don't even know how to get to this thread except fro having stumbled upon a link to it in another thread! TT SHOULD BE EMAILING US THESE UPDATES DIRECTLY!!!!

Highlighted
Community Manager JasonB
Community Manager

Re: YOU HIDE THIS HERE AND DON'T NOTIFIY US??????

@DefiningImagery Many of these updates get shared over email or through notifications.  But we thought it would be helpful to consolidate everything in one place.  You'll also start to see this list linked to in the monthly pro newsletter, so look out for it in your inbox every month, too.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: YOU HIDE THIS HERE AND DON'T NOTIFIY US??????

@JasonB 

When will this email notification take place? And why haven't you answered the questions and comments in this thread? Or at least send an email blast to answer the questions? We take time to reply, as you suggested, but you didn't take time to acknowledge our comments and questions.

0 Kudos

Today's email from "Events Category Manager"

Several comments:

1. Was this posted in the forum? If so, why is there not a link back to the post? I cannot locate it.
  2. Why are the two new budget questions a hidden mystery? Why did you not tell us what the two questions are?
    1. What are they?
  3. A load of requests was dumped into my inbox at once, last night, and again today. That is HORRENDOUS!!!!
    1. Leads need to be sent in real-time, so we stand a chance of getting back to the people immediately, while they are still on line, rather than hours later. This goes against everything TT touts about getting back to people quickly. Now TT delays the responses for HOURS!!! This causes all of our response times to increase and work against our score!
    2. Leads that come in bulk are very time-consuming to sort through. It's much easier to grab them on-the-fly and take care of them, instead of having to have your schedule interrupted to sit down for an hour and go through and respond to what you want.
    3. VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING THAT WAS SENT CAME FROM OUT OF STATE!!!!!! Why did you send me a ton of leads from PA, CT, MA, DE, and NJ??? That was a complete waste of my time, having to go through them deleting that trash! Geeeez, as I'm writing this, another wedding in NJ just came through!!! DON'T SEND LEADS FOR TERRITORIES WE DO NOT SERVICE!!! WE CLEARLY MARK OUR SERVICE AREAS IN OUR PROFILES!!!

This is ridiculous! We come to TT to PAY for leads and you hold them back for hours, not letting us buy them!!! EVERYONE HAS ALWAYS HAD THE OPTION TO TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS!!!!!! THERE IS NO NEED TO HOLD BACK LEADS BECAUSE SOME DON'T WANT THEM! ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS TURN OFF THEIR NOTIFICATIONS AND THE REST OF US 99% WHO WANT TO BE NOTIFIED, CAN BE NOTIFIED!!!!! I DIDN'T TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS, SO KEEP ME NOTIFIED THE SECOND A REQUEST COMES IN!!! I AM A PROFESSIONAL WHO WILL ADDRESS A LEAD IMMEDIATELY, NOT UNPROFESSIONALLY SLOUGH IT OFF!!

DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Today's email from "Events Category Manager"

@DefiningImagery 

I'm getting very tired of receiving job leads in a grouped email. Like you said, by the time we receive them, most jobs are taken. I need to see them in real time, not hours after they come in. Case in point, yesterday, I sat by my laptop prepping for events this weekend, and saw jobs come in every time I "refreshed" the browser. I don't have the luxury to sit by my computer/phone 24/7. Who made this decision?

It seems every time they make a so-called improvement, they take away more useful tools from us. Why not ask us what we think before making changes? I would love to know if any Pros suggested this change, as well as customer not viewing our quotes, etc.

0 Kudos

Re: Today's email from "Events Category Manager"

Yup! I'm being innudated with out of state leads in a THREE HUNDRED MILE RADIUS! My service area is 20 miles  north & south by 60 miles east and west! Am I really going to travel 6 hours there, to do a one hour shoot, and travel 6 hours back??? Between gas, tolls, and TT, that's the whole price of the job! But the idea is that since so few leads are coming in, at least if we see a load of irrelevent ones in our inbox, we get the impression that we're recieving things.

Yup, missed out on several that were already bid out by the time I saw them! And I check my phone A LOT!!! It was only a few minutes prior that it had come in, but since there's no notification now, I didn't know it was there and I was too late!

MeDamian
Level 4

Im a DJ on Thumbtack... I follow up on leads for the quotes I sent. You guys took away the option to let a pro know a client viewed our quote. Now I don’t know if I should send a reply or not because I have no clue if I was noticed. Also, I think you guys should have a set minimum price. I think there are DJ’s charging some ridiculously LOW prices, and I’m competing with $100 dj’s. Not fair. That leads to me being charged for someone reaching out to me & no guarantee I’ll get hired - but then the client sees someone charging much less and they get hired. So I lose $$ double time. Fix this, please!
Dvallejo35
Level 4

So now I see there is where a customer can list what their budget is. Well they should be able to get DJS according to their specific rates who will accommodate them with their price budget. So a way to sync this. For example if a customer enters a budget of under 300 but according to my price for what they want my rates are higher so I don't get that lead or customer is notified with a pop up or before hand letting them know that that particular djs rates are higher than their entered budget. And give them the option to change it again or keep it the same.
Moderator Kameron

@Dvallejo35 I can see how this would make sense in order to help customers understand if their budget is significantly below the pros price that they are attempting to engage with. 

0 Kudos