results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Hankster
Level 10

Re: February’s product improvements

@KameronI've submitted over 30 quotes to leads this year. The last one I'm showing that the lead hired a different pro was back on January 9th. So to me either the project status that the lead hired a different pro is no longer being reflected & was phased out as part of the February "improvements" or these leads are using another lead finding service to hire someone. Just sayin'.

lenaebdgr
Level 5

A number of customers from very far away, even out of state, have asked me "What is your availability?"  I know people are not going to be willing to travel more than 30-45 mins. for a piano or voice lesson.  Are they not able to see where I live on my profile?  Or do you think they're just forgetting to look at that part, or they don't scroll down far enough to see it or something?

DJStevie
Level 12

@lenaebdgr
I guarantee that the customers aren't reading profiles, just clicking conversation starters, which according to Thumbtack, shows customer is very interested in us.
Moderator Meckell

Thanks for reaching out @lenaebdgr! Customers do indeed see the pros city on their profile. Keep in mind that if the customer is traveling to you, they're able to indicate how far they're willing to travel. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

If customers do read our profiles, then they are able to see our cities, pricing, etc..instead of sending us uesless conversation starters asking for estimate, etc.

lenaebdgr
Level 5

Thanks.  My MA town may show up on my profile, but clearly people looking for piano or voice lessons are not seeing or paying attention to that, or they wouldn't be asking about lessons when they live in Rhode Island or New Hampshire!!

this borders on the ridiculous...187 miles

Serjio B.

Leeds, NY 12451

pros responded

Description of work??   NONE
You'll only pay if the customer responds. See how much: $25 

map.png

Moderator Kameron

@AutumnElectric thanks for showing us that example. I've given this to our teams to look into and use to calibrate. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@lenaebdgr if you're getting contacted by customers that are states away I'd like to take a look at those with you. If you'll send me a direct message with the customer names, we can get started.

0 Kudos
lenaebdgr
Level 5

OK.  Will see if I can track them down, but seems like you'd be able to see them on your end more easily?  Not sure how long things stay on the site.

0 Kudos