Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: February’s product improvements

@MeDamian thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas. I'll make sure to forward the idea of pros having a minimum price that's aligned with their category.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@MeDamian 

I'm a DJ on Thumbtack as well. They took away the customer viewed quote because as @JasonB said, and @Meckell reiterated the other day, "You will no longer be notified when a customer views your offer. Instead, you will receive a notification once the customer reaches out to you. We want to help you focus on your interactions with customers once they contact you, because that’s when you can continue the conversation, seal the deal, and win the job!"

How are we supposed to interact with customers if we don't know when/if our quotes and messages are viewed? We are supposed to focus on replying and communication with customer, but Thumbtack, please answer us..how do we as Pros reach out to a customer if we don't see our quote/message being viewed? Just sit back and wait for a reply that may not come?

And yes, @MeDamian , I agree that we are competing with many DJ's who will do a job for $100-$200. I've seen it in the searches. Ran into a couple of people who hired those DJ's and they said all DJ did was just play from their phones, and not interact with people. I give 100%+ at all of my events, I'm sure that you do as well.  And if I have Promote on, I'm being charged for a conversation starter, and odds are against me getting a booking because of these DJ Wannabees. Also odds are against customer reading our profile in entirety because of the stupid starters they send us (what's your estimate? What's your availability? When can we talk?") They take time to send those, then can take time to read profile and send a personable message. Or maybe they don't have the capability of sending a message. How about giving that option to the customer?

MeDamian
Level 4

@DJStevie

First and foremost, thank you for the reply! These issues really bothers me. I know for a fact many clients aren’t reading our profile. My profile has detailed info on my career and over 50 pics of recent and events that pertain to events I’m bidding for. However some clients still asks questions that can be found on my page. I have to do my due diligence and conduct a research on that! And yes - why ask for a price if I just a sent a quote?!

I had a convo last week with a potential client who wanted to travel to Boston (from NY) for a gig in a bar that didn’t have a soundsystem. The traveling wasn’t the issue, but she asked if I can do it for under $200 because she doesn’t have enough money. I respectfully declined, but was charged $21... Thumbtack needs to monitor these conversations. Why charge me if you can cleary this person claiming they’re broke?!
RePestC
Level 5

A few suggestions from me and my company.
1. We should be able to keep our reviews and awards when we either move or expand to a new city instead of creating a new profile. It’s extremely unfair to think that we as professionals who take pride in our work will be viewed as just starting out in a new city and NOT provide the same level of amazing service. That helps us grow in a smaller or bigger city we decide to grow in!

2.the pay structure fluctuates for the same job. I literally witnessed me being charged $4.22 then 17.00 for the same job. That was really strange. At the end of the day we’re losing money and thumbtack is still making theres. Please don’t become Home advisor
Moderator Kameron

@RePestC I can certainly see where you're coming from when it comes to reviews not being carried with you if you have to change locations and will share your feedback on the subject. The cost of a job or lead will vary based on a number of factors, if you'd like me to take a look at the example you've mentioned feel free to send it to me in a direct message to take a closer look. 

0 Kudos
Bisman142
Level 4

You forgot to mention you doubled your fees
Wreach
Level 6

@Jason B. Hi Jason, hope you are having a great day! I was wondering, has TT thought about maybe trying to separate out job categories? Reading all of the feeds, it is much easier for some to put in direct pricing with others. For instance I am a house cleaner, so my pricing is based on square footage. But say a photographer, or contractor, were supplies, location and different equipment come into play. It is not as easy. Just a thought. I know it would require different algorithms. But maybe worth a shot.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Wreach thanks for sharing. This is actually something that we currently do and are continuing to do research on and improve per category, as we know each category and business are different. 

0 Kudos
Wreach
Level 6

Hi Kameron, I get that. I just noticed as a customer looking for flooring help in my house, pricing was not as accurate. I know it is because of so many different variables. And most are great at giving free estimates... honestly, I believe pros should only be charged for leads if they are hired..
revbrian
Level 8

Februrary, huh?

Now it's March 17th and no sign of it on my wedding Officiant account...

0 Kudos