results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Re: February’s product improvements

I do not list a price because I have to see a job and spend hours figuring out the quote because there are so many variables. It's like buying a car. You can't get a proce until you know what you want in it.

Is this ok or is there a better response when the customer says they want an estimate, price or just for me to have it listed on my site?

Moderator Kameron

@constructionsup if you truly feel that you cannot list prices that's ok. I'd just explain in your profile to customers more about how your pricing works if you haven't already. If you'd like to promote your business without listing your prices then you can now do so when setting your prices by clicking the "hide prices" button.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 11

@Kameron 

Is this "hide prices" button something new that we weren't told about til now?

Lubert03
Level 4

How to change my estimate on my profile
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Lubert03 just to clarify, are you referring to your prices that are shown to customers? 

0 Kudos
RO-79
Level 4

Re: Removing notifications when a customer views your offer

Thank you for the heads up on changes, however removing notifications when customers view your offer sounds like a big step backward for pros.  I consider viewing an offer to be a warm lead - not yet well qualified, but warm. 

TT now is like paying for a premium booth location at a trade show but we are required to stay behind the curtain.  When a prospect stops by to learn more about your service they are only see your brochure and display.  Then, if they ring a bell we pay and are invited to start our pre-sale process to convert the prospect into a customer. 

I am having trouble understanding how such a process is intended to improve sales for the pro.  I used to get a large percentage of my jobs after getting notified that a prospect has viewed my offer, whether or not they actually looked at my brochure or display. Many times the prospect would thank me for a prompt follow up and open a dialogue that resulted in a sale.  If they did not reply, then I at least could assess if a competitor was more appealing and adjust my offer wording and or brochure for future prospects. 

Engaging with the prospect as soon as they indicate an interest (viewing an offer) is the best way to establish a relationship.  It gives us the opportunity to engage proactively and help the prospect decide to buy. 

Let me know if I missed something here and that getting no opportunity to reach out to warm leads is a better strategy for lead conversion.

DJStevie
Level 11

@RO-79 

Very well said!! It's been mentioned over and over by majority of the Pros. The reason they took away that very useful tool was "You will no longer be notified when a customer views your offer. Instead, you will receive a notification once the customer reaches out to you. We want to help you focus on your interactions with customers once they contact you, because that’s when you can continue the conversation, seal the deal, and win the job!" I had many bookings after I saw if customer viewed my message or quote, and then follow up with personable message, which most customers appreciated. The way it's set up now is hurting the Pros more than helping us. I, along with many other Pros, have asked that this tool be brough back, even with suggestions on how to improve the current format. Hopefully they will reinstate this useful tool.

Exactly! 95% of the requests have always turned into ghosts. Those 5% who actually view and or respond, are precious! It had ALWAYS been my practice to contact the customer as soon as I saw that they viewed my quote. Immediately, I would reach out and say, "I see that you've viewed my quote! How does it work for your needs and budget?" And that would sometimes actually start a conversation with a person who probably would have been off in the wind. People don't like to take the initiative, and they are procrastinators - clients AND PROS!!! So I would use this to my advantage! I would be the only pro that would followup, greatly increasing my chance of getting the job! With the old system, the stats provided by TT showed that I was hired 2-4 times more often than "my competition". Now I haven't a clue how I compare, and my hires are way down. Of course they are if my tools are missing.

TT has taken away my ability to stand out from the crowd, by removing this critical tool! My highly professional practices here have put me at the top and made me one of the most successful pros on TT. I actually qualified for Top Pro when it was originally only the top 1%. But so few "pros" qualified, they had to increase it to 3%, and then even broadened it to 4%. So, apparently I know what I'm doing and I know what tools are essential.

As the system stands now, I am utterly shocked when I go in to check the "competition" and I see that most of the other contacted "pros" have not even bothered to respond!!!! AND THEY'VE ALREADY PAID FOR THE LEAD!!!! And then they come here screaming that they're paying and not getting work. HELLO????

But, for those of us who WANT to work, who are REAL PROFESSIONALS, we need the tools to do our jobs!!!

Hankster
Level 9

AMEN! Spot on @DefiningImagery !

DJStevie
Level 11

@DefiningImagery 

As @Hankster says, Spot on!!!