results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
revbrian
Level 8

Re: Removing notifications when a customer views your offer

As @Hankster says, Spot on!!!

HIGHEST PRAISE FOR RO-79!!!

@RO-79 

That was so profoundly stated!!!! I am the queen of analogies and absolutely LOVE your BRILLIANT trade show equivelent!!!! Everything you said was absolutely spot on! I have been banging my head against the wall over this consistantly here and on the phone with TT. Everything you said!

What line of work are you in and where are you based?

RO-79
Level 4

Re: HIGHEST PRAISE FOR RO-79!!!

Thank you for your praise!!!  You are most kind. 

Your activity on the community and your profile are a good model for success.  I can pick up some invaluable tips!

I am a videographer in Houston. 

When prospects don't reply or quotes are viewed but don't get hired we need info to help assess how we can change.  But most of the metrics I use have disappeared (or I can't find them). 

One striking statistic I learned is that when I don't reply promptly when quotes are viewed, my conversion rate is near zero! So, removing visibility into quote views is a death knell for how I used to win business.  Obtaining a competitive advantage now requires developing a new strategy.  Meanwhile, revenues have disappeared.

Although I have been a TT member for several years, I am new to the commumnity forum and I was surprised to discover some of the reasons my leads have dried up recently.  I assumed I was doing something wrong and when I tried to analyze bids I discovered information I relied upon was missing. 

As a result, I am forced to repeat the same activities and hope for different results.  A strategy that won't be found on any best practices list!