Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Thumbtack Employee nojoh
Thumbtack Employee

Filter by distance to find jobs where you want

Looking for more work? The Jobs tab is where you can find customers who’ve already reached out to other pros.

We show you opportunities up to 150 miles away to give you as many chances as possible to be hired. But pros wanted more control over the distance of jobs in the Jobs tab.

We heard you: now you can filter the Jobs tab by distance.

jobs-tab-geo-filter.png

Thanks to your feedback, we learned that showing jobs up to 150 miles away in the Jobs tab made it difficult for some pros to sort through and find the right customers.

To keep seeing jobs up to 150 miles out, you can continue using that filter when you browse your Jobs tab. But now you can also narrow your view down to customers within five miles, or somewhere in between.

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Jobs tab.
  2. Click the drop-down menu that shows “Within 150 miles.”
  3. Select the distance filter you want.
  4. Watch the list update with nearby jobs.

Note: If you use the Thumbtack for Professionals app, make sure you download the latest version for access to the new Jobs tab filter.

Remember: Jobs tab opportunities aren’t as valuable as the leads in your inbox. That’s because those leads come from customers who’ve picked you first from a list of pros in their search results. Learn more about using the Jobs tab in Thumbtack Help.

And let us know how you’re using the new Jobs tab filter in the comments below.

108 responses
mrs
Level 6

Re: Filter by distance to find jobs where you want

Good job on letting us set the area again.

Follow up question will our area limit eliminate us from showing in the "pro list" customers frist select from?  

Highlighted
RCPS
Level 7

Thanks for the head-up on this update. However, I do not see it in the mobile app at this time (and I have the latest version). I’m looking in the jobs tab. Please advise, thanks!

-RCPS
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@RCPS let's have you un-install and then re-install the app. If that still doesn't fix the issue, please send me a private message and we can investigate this further. I hope you're excited about this! 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@nojoh 

Where this is a setting some Pros may benefit from, many may still see it as Jobs Tab not being improved to offering quality leads to us. Many have voiced their concerns in this thread from March 3rd. I'm sure that there are many other comments and concerns in different threads, even from me.

https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Manage-your-jobs/Hey-is-Anyone-Else-Getting-quot-Leads-quot-from-...

My concern is that leads are still up to 150+ miles away. We still set a travel distance via Promote, so why send us leads that we will not bid on? Why not provide us a list of local leads the same as these leads come in? The leads we receive via Jobs Tab are after a Job Poster reached out to at least 1 Pro, so why can't local leads be sent to us in Jobs Tab after 1 Pro has been contacted? Many of us, including me, would like to see the lead ahead of time to see if that Job Poster is a good fit for us, not have Thumbtack determine that for us. Again, not to repeat myself from other threads, but we know our business better than anyone! Seems that the Pros, Top and former Top Pros included) not Promoting are being punished by receiving non-quality leads.

DJ Stevie 5-23-2019

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie the jobs in the Jobs tab are still good opportunities, the customers have just already reached out to another pro. You'll see local jobs there, but you also have the option to see jobs that may be out of your area. If you don't want to see leads from 150 miles away in your Jobs tab, you don't have to, that's why this update is so exciting. You have the option to set it to the radius you want and will only see the jobs in that radius.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Where it may be exciting as you say, why have us set the travel radius in the first place? Some may, but I will not venture out of my travel radius for various reasons, as explained to you and others in other threads and private messages. Which is why I would like to see only local leads as explained in my comment. Jobs Tab and travel radius should work hand-in-hand.

DJ Stevie 5-23-2019

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

You all shared your feedback about jobs in the Jobs tab being too far away. We listened, and now you're able to filter the distance to see the jobs you want! Updates like this happen due to the amazing feedback we receive from pros, so thank you. I hope you're all excited about this! 

@K-9 @TimFitz @customerservice @Theofficiantone @Aic2020 @trhoads155 @DJStevie @Leopard @NY_Landscaper @Howardlbca @JJLouis @HandyMike @rdanek @TomPotter @cranichik @WildasinHome @Carlos63 @cgema @Nhamptonhandyma @Carl @DCGLLC @Hankster @DefiningImagery @TonySpinella @Jeotrades @Dimension 

JJLouis
Level 6

Awesome! I’ve been missing out on jobs because I don’t have the time to filter through 150 miles of requests, especially living between two major cities. @Meckell How do we set it up?
Moderator Meckell

@JJLouis this will definitely help you out! Just follow the steps provided above and let me know if you run into any other questions. 

0 Kudos