Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
DJStevie
Community Expert

Re: Filter by distance to find jobs where you want

@Meckell

I don't think that I ever suggested a filter for Jobs Tab because I will not travel outside of my travel preferences. I just want to see more local jobs to appear in the Jobs Tab, as I said in my previoius comment in this thread

DJ Stevie 5-22-2019

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

I'm glad they're doing a tiny bit to rectify the enormous error they made with the prior 500 mile radius. However, if it's going to be done right it should be based on the area we actually work!!!! 3 years ago I spent several day entering the zip code of every specific town that I will work in. Why are you not just going by the data that we have already inputted? I guess that's the same as why TT constantly asks us to answer the same feedback questions over and over and over. Mile radius does NOT work for me! That's why I had to put all that time into picking my specific zip codes. I love on an island that is 20 miles wide and 100 miles long. My service area is up to 30 miles to the west, 55 miles to the east, 1 mile to the south, and 19 miles to the north. Anything more than a 25 mile radius puts me in a different state that requires an actual 2+ hour drive to go all the way west to get off the island and come all the way back east to the point that is parallel to me on the island, which, if I could drive across water, would be in my service area. Since I can't it's not. But the original system already knows that because for years you've only sent me leads in my service area. Why are you creating a whole new system for job suggestions when you can just use what is already in place? If the logic (imagine?) is that you want to tempt us out of our existing service area, then let us have the option to pick addditional towns as an add on for suggested jobs. But that would make too much sense??? I'm baffled - the only explanation is that you want us to accidentally respond to areas we don't service so we can get charged for that too???

Hankster
Community Veteran

FINALLY! This is a good update!

Howardlbca
Active Community Member

How can I select a distance more than 5 miles and less than 25 miles away?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

@Howardlbca at this time you have the option to filter jobs within 5 miles and within 25 miles, but nothing in between. This is great feedback though, and I'll definitely pass it along. 

0 Kudos
Howardlbca
Active Community Member

So no one thought about giving us the ability to adjust the distance to make it more specific to our needs?   That’s rather surprising!  I have to assume that you guys enjoy making the thumbtack experience as frustrating as possible for us pros because I can’t think of any other explanation.

Moderator Meckell

@Howardlbca If you choose to see jobs for up to 25 miles, you're still able to pick which ones you'd like to quote on. Where pros can be more specific is by setting their travel radius in your preferences. When that happens, only customers in your area will be able to reach out to you. However, the Jobs tab will still remain at whichever filter you have it set to. 

0 Kudos
DefiningImagery
Community Veteran

OMG! @Howardlbca Howar That was hysterical and so on point!!!

WildasinHome
Community Regular

This is definitely a step back in the right direction. I live close to a state line where I am only licensed to work in one of the states. My actual service area would look like a half circle. So now only half of the jobs being shown will be in an inelligable area, much better than the 95% with the 150 mile deal. Selecting precise zip codes as it was before was perfect, but an update to adjust the range like this is better than nothing.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@WildasinHome remember that if you set your targeting preferences through your Services page you'll then be able to choose what specific zip codes that you'd like to be shown to in the search results and get leads from. You do have a large number of services so if you do promote make sure to set your services specifically for the leads that you'd always want. This filter in the Jobs tab is simply an easier way for pros to sort through those secondary opportunities and express interest where the customer has already reached out to a pro directly.

0 Kudos