Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee GeenaG
Thumbtack Employee

Get more information about potential customers

It’s all in the details. And now they’re all here. Before, pros told us it was hard to tell if a lead matched their preferences, whether they already paid for it, and what to do next to win the job. We heard your feedback loud and clear, and we made some changes.

Starting today, you'll find job details are easier to review than ever before. Some of you may have already seen this since we've been testing the experience over the last few weeks. Here's what's changed:

1. Actionable next steps. At the top of every lead you see why the customer reached out to you. You see immediately if customers are looking for an estimate, reply, phone call or your availability so you can plan your next move right away.
  2. Clear job details. You'll see exactly what the customer is looking for and whether any details are out of the ordinary (like a job that falls a bit outside of your preferences), so you can take a closer look before responding to the customer. No surprises here!
  3. Competition insights. Find out how you compare to other pros. We’ll even tell you how many pros the customer contacted to give you a better idea of the competition.
  4. Payment transparency. You’ll see whether or not you paid (and saved 20% if you were promoted). You’ll also see how much you will pay if you accept and reply to leads that you weren’t promoted for or that don’t match your preferences.
  5. Promoted job flags. Look for the message, “You were promoted” to learn how often your rank boost helped you catch the customer’s eye and get a new lead.  

new leads png (1).png

And that’s the new way you’ll get job details from customers. What do you think? Let us know if you have questions — we’d love to hear what you think of the changes.

8 responses
revbrian
Level 8

Re: Get more information about potential customers

#4 is not really transparrent at all. It shows that we got a discount.

If it showed HOW MUCH the payment was, it would be transparrent.

I'm still not seeing what TT is charging on " customer chose you"
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Bateshandyman when a customer chooses you and you don't have promote on you just need to click on "reply" and the cost will show. If that's not the case, please send me a private message with a screenshot of what you're seeing and I'll look into it. 

0 Kudos

It won't let me attach a picture
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Bateshandyman you may not be able to if accessing the Community from a mobile device, but if you switch to a laptop or desktop will then be able to attach a photo. Did you try clicking on the reply option to see if a price is then shown?

0 Kudos

Ok I am using a mobile phone. I know how to use the app and I know what and where to look for the fees and they're just not showing most of the time when a customer chooses me. Every now and again it will show but more times than not they don't
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Bateshandyman if you can direct message us with the most recent customers name where your running into trouble we might be able to get some clearer answers for you. Just click on either of our names, view profile, and click the direct message button.

0 Kudos

i've used t-tack since 2008. used to be able to ask questions about the project request, before paying. to clarify what the customer really wanted to do. that's not possible anymore. and clearly the t-tack site does not ask the potential customer the right 'tree' or 'algorithym' of questions to even clarify the project a little bit. this happened today. i paid $49.06 to tell the person that he did not need my services!  i chatted with t-tack, and got $25 refunded as a courtesy. So i bought someone at t-tack a nice lunch just for the heck of it. I've offered several times to help with the question to the customer format.  no response. i understand you represent thousands of businesses doing different things. and there is no one way to describe a business. But each industry has an overall descriptor and breaks down into many areas after that. This is not happening anymore. and no you won't lose potential customers by asking the right questions. it will be more successful for all 3 sides of the equation; the service, the customer, the pro provider. Generally i can ask a couple questions and quickly decide if i'm interested, and even help the potential t-tack customer move in the right direction. I've even given a name to t-tack of a buddy, who at that time was employed by the city of San Fran, really an expert in my field. Did t-tack reach out, nope. You can't find out everything you need to know on google. So suggest you guys get rolling and really make this a valuable resource for small biz. it ain't happening now.