Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
melissac2286
Level 5

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

A few questions i dont see asked are, one do we know what the original price was before it was reduced? two how do we know it was reduced? and three how do we know if the customer viewed there email so we get a refund? There are lots of questions and concerns I have here in this new price assuance. We all (pro's) have noticed a spike in the lead cost latly. 

@melissac2286 Excellent questions

melissac2286
Level 5

Yes I believe it is a important one as well, I see thumbtack never responded as they like to with some post.

HansenJC
Level 10

We really need to know the cost BEFORE we are charged, not after we get the bill.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Moderator Meckell

All great questions @melissac2286. We'll tell you in the quote message if the customer has read your message or not. Just look for “Read” under the messages you sent.

If you go to our Price Assurance Terms and scroll down to shop around savings, you'll see how shop around savings works, and when you'll see the cost for the lead. If after that you still have questions, let me know!

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

This may address part of the Ghosting issue. This may be a step towards a more fair price structure. And I POSITIVELY think this definition applies to Price Assurance. The Pros produce estimates that are visible to the Job Posters. All we are asking is for TT to provide estimates to us of what the pricing will be BEFORE we sign up for Assured Charges. This systems lacks Advice and Consent.

Please read before deleting. It is as positive as I can be.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

And you have stripped away a key question that makes a job lead an EXACT match for what this Pro wants to quote. We once had the ability to see the age of the house that will be inspected. Thumbtack took that away from us on the pretext that it stopped the customers at that question. Customers know how old the house is. Trust me on this. We all make decisions on the purchase of a used product based on age, such as used cars. But as it stands now, all TT thinks matters to the Pro is the square footage of a house. This is not enough information to make an EXACT match with a Home Inspector. I am POSITIVE about that statement.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Julesdesigns
Level 4

I am glad your hearing from the pro's. In adjusting the Fee's we pay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Empathtisha
Level 5

IMG_20191025_105641.jpgiCoach Tisha

Hi guys!! I was reading down the comments Iand have seen some very interesting and surprising comments, I have had nothing but amazing clients and very profitable experience. 

Thumbtack is a tool to use to boost your business. How you hone that tool is your primary task as an entrepreneur, 

I find the platform and pricing very fair, remember, Thumbtack is an advertising tool. If I spent my money on Google Ads or Facebook, the ROI is much harder to achieve because it is hit or miss, yet you are still paying a largep chunk of your revenue for that ad. 

Thumbtack makes advertising a much more lucrative option to random ads and.puts us in direct contact with the customer. It is our job to turn those opportunities into sales. 

Thumbtack is a publicly traded company with a great valuation and will continue to grow, as a service to us. It is also a for profit company, we are the consumer.  If we want great customers, then bringing attention to our ad platform is part of our job as business people as well. This platform stocks your pond with fish, it isn't designed to put them on your dinner plate, that work is yours. 

If you have any questions about how I do it, please don't hesitate to contact me. (888)213-6390

Bryan1
Level 5

What is TT's publicly traded share price?