Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
dordax
Level 5

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

I thought this was implemented months ago.
Notinsured
Level 7

Have you tried making your radius under 10 miles? Just curious.
0 Kudos
dr3wography
Level 5

Good afternoon! I am writing this to give some some constructive feedback. After talking with many pros, I believe it would be more advantageous for all of the pros if you would allow refunds for all clients who don’t respond with 48 hours. Period. Not only when they’re unread. They could easily read the message and never respond. Furthermore, it would be nice if customers weren’t going into this blindly having no idea that the pros are getting charged when they check for availability. It is unfair that the pros get charged for every single lead that we are targeting. Most of our leads cost upwards of $40, in which they reach out to multiple pros. My wife and I are incredibly professional with all of our clients, so it is not our doing for not landing these. It is simply due to all the customers out there that are “window shopping” with no real desire to commit. It would be more advantageous for the customers to have to buy credits, or maybe something else. But it would need to be something that would make the stakes just a hair higher for the customers. The stakes at this point are I my high for the pro. And we pay a lot. Please do something that is going to drastically change the amount we spend. I wish I talked to pros, and they said they stick around even after they build their clientele but that just doesn’t seem to be the case. . .
Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

@drwography I agree! Price Assurance is a good step to recognize that we Pros have been loosing a lot of money and opportunity with Promote. However, the issue is still the triple rate increase that happened when Promote went into effect. Never, never in the four years prior to Promote did I ever see a lead over $12 to $17 at the very highest. Ever. These same leads are now $26-$39. A fact. I can go into my history of leads and see the dramatic increase. Discounting $3 or $4 dollars here and there with Price Assurance does not address that the rates tripled and are too high. Last week my weekly Activity report was $85 with 1 lead and zero bookings. That’s what it says. After 48 hours no response should be automatic refund. Even if they “read” it. When you give customers a blue button to click that says “request a quote” - when our rate is already there in most categories - then they just go open messages and look for the lowest rate. They don’t have to respond. It’s wrong. I’ve repeatedly responded to a customer asking for some sort of response or simply following up with no response. Customers are uncomfortable to have conversations with the other 6 they reached out to when they already picked one. Even thought they read their response. They don’t have time either! They reach out to 6 pros - they quickly go through and read their quote or whatever then move on to the next pro. That’s called shopping. Doesn’t make sense that we don’t get a full refund if they simply “read” it. At least only charge $3 for the click. Not a few dollars off $38. That’s what’s killing us small businesses on this site. Tripled prices and less odds of winning jobs since Promote went into effect. I do not feel excited when I get $4 off a $26 lead that never responded. Please find ways to guide the customer with blue click buttons that help us win the job. Help the customer narrow their selection of Pros so that it helps us win jobs.
UrbanFields
Level 5

getting a response

so a possible client reaches out, you respond and they don't respond, not in 48 hours, not at, maybe to no one, they read it, but never responded. does anyone else feel like this falls under the policy for refunds? if a client reaches out, I have a great rating for any client, in fact most clients become repeat clients. But those that are not only "shopping around" but also not responding after requesting availabilty, that should be refunded...NO?

Re: getting a response

@UrbanFields I'd be sure to look over our this Price Assurance thread and our regular refund policy for clarification. If you have additional questions after that please feel free to reach out.  

0 Kudos
UrbanFields
Level 5

Re: getting a response

@Kameron one of the manu issues with the "price assurance" is the fact that many clients, that i've prepaid for the contact< do not respond. Sure, maybe they read my response, but no response, how am I to know that they responded to any contact? it just seems like a cash grab to me. raise the rates, don't give more for the money given and give less back. so essentially i'm getting less for my dollar, i have to pass this cost onto the client, as does every service provider, so then the cost of everything goes up, then less people looking at Thumbtack because it becomes expensive. not really seeing the logic nor the benefit of hire cost to me or any other service provider. 

@Meckell How will we know the cost of a lead for any one service BEFORE we commit to paying it be turning on Targeting? You have said the costs are changing. You did not say the cost is going up, or down. So we have to take the risk of turning on targeting just be charged for a guaranteed price that we will not see until we are billed? Right?

What is the price?

DJStevie
Level 12

@InspectionsJCH 

If Targeting/Promoting, we don't know the cost of the lead until after we receive a question from the "customer". Only time we know the cost of a lead, is in the Jobs Tab/Opportunities.  I wish we knew the cost of the lead ahead of time, then it will help us manage our budget.

As for knowing if the cost has increased or decreased, I don't think that we will know. If each category had a set lead cost, then we can see if that lead cost has changed.

DJ Stevie 10-25-2019

0 Kudos

@Meckell  The largest single issue in the past with Targeting was that we are never told via email or text message that we have accepted an exact match. Then our account is charged and do not even know that we have a customer. They are expecting a quote or a clarification of the schedule or maybe they just want a call. How will we be notified so that we can add a personalized message telling them what and when and be allowed to attach a sample report with that message? TT took away the attached file feature which is so important and doing that on a phone is very cumbersome. Have you got a plan for notifying the Pros that we got billed for an exact match? We will have to change our phone to check for emails every 3 or 4 minutes. Or would you suggest every minute? There are times when the network delays text messages by several minutes. We need help here. We also need more information about notification when the Leads are matched. Will there be a time stamp on it? There is no time stamp on messages right now. We must rely on our ISP or SMS carrier to add a time stamp and it may be displaced from the time when the Job Poster sent it.