Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

Re: Price assurance??

@jcp My thoughts exactly, 100%. When my refunds are within the guidelines of refund policy, then it is a refund. To tell us that TT is doing us a favor when they abide their own policy is inappropriate. The only appropriately courteous remark from the support team would be "we apologize for the inconvenience". I especially agree with your suggested improvements for the one click options. These buttons are the primary reason I spend only $20-$40 per month for leads. If TT fixed the problem my spending would quadruple overnight. Whenever I get a direct lead that says "what is your availability?" I decline without thinking twice. 

Highlighted
jcp
Level 9

@ChefOfAllSeason - hello my East Coast fellow Pro! We are two of many experienced business owners who have contributed many great ideas and remedies that would help us with our spending on TT. Understand this : We like using Thumbtack and have built up our profiles over the last years and have shown loyalty. However, Pros like us have clearly noticed a significant change in our ROI since Promote Was implemented over a year ago and have offered ways to keep us motivated and engaged. But the numbers don’t back up the story of how this change has cost us dearly. We hesitate to stay active. I’m always “hiding my business” due to the weekly racked up charges and no bookings. I’d keep spending for sure with TT if these simple adjustments would be made that would help us with our own spending budget with TT. But us highly experienced Pros can’t understand a lot of simple adjustments not being made. Come on ... why are you offering a blue click button that says “wants your availability”? Then ask us to keep our calendar up to date so we can be properly filtered. Change this - make it clear that those being shown are listed as available - and guide the customer to reach out because they are highly interested in hiring. It’s so simple! I get so frustrated every time I see this message from a new lead. Or - “wants an estimate”. I mean - if you want a photographer for 4 hours and my price shows $125 an hour - why are they asking for an estimate.

@jcp My considered opinion on the one click issue is that the greater majority of potential JP's do not read our profiles thoroughly. They scan how many 5 star reviews, hires, and our photos. The calendar and hours are overlooked. Most people are doing this on the phone anyway and it is so much quicker and easier to one click it than actually read in depth. This is the feedback my customers tell me.

That being the case, the click buttons need a changin'. When my prices are shown (sometimes they are hidden) and I receive a lead that asks for an estimate, I decline instantly. If there is some notation that explains, or at least alludes as to, why they asked anyway; I might consider accepting it.

As for using TT less and other ways of lead acquisition more: sure, why not? I spoke with the new Community Manager, Drew a while back and he said TT supports that method. 85-90% of my leads used to come from TT; now it's about 5% year round. 

If TT ever does return to its original model, the dissatifaction would no doubt decrease and revenue from us would increase astronomically. Time will tell.

Introducing Price Assurance!

I had reached out to a potential customer and it seemed like the customer wanted to hire me.   It seemed like the customer stopped communication and I had reached out to customer pertaining to sed job and no reply. Is there anyway to contact customer to see if they still want to hire me? I have ran into this problem with multiple customers

Vinnycle
Level 3

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

The only way thumbtack has to make customer provide there telephone number
0 Kudos
lmheim
Level 6

Me too.  I end up paying for leads that die because the customer simply doesn't respond after the initial contact.  

0 Kudos

Introducing Price Assurance!

Hello!

I'm a personal trainer and I live in nj.  However I live 6 miles from Philadelphia pa.  Customers travel to my studio to be trained.  This being said, when I choose customers travel to me in travel pref I am given the option of a radius.  This presents a huge problem for me as no one from pa is willing to travel to nj for a trainer.  I have been stuck paying hundreds of dollars on useless leads i can't utilize for a long time now.  Will this fix address my current problem?

0 Kudos

@Keymasterfitnes just to get further clarification on this- are customers reaching out to you and then later mention that they aren't willing to travel to you?

0 Kudos

Yes they will open a line of communication then later mention they are unwilling to travel that far or travel out of state. Sometimes I will get no response or they will eventually notice I'm not from pa and just stop talking to me
0 Kudos

@Keymasterfitnes this type of situation is actually a common one that we've seen and have taken steps to address. Be sure to read over our post: New travel preferences: set how far customers can travel to you, and let us know if you have further questions about this in that thread. 

0 Kudos