Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Introducing Price Assurance!

@DJStevie @Empathtisha @Bryan1 I just want to quickly clarify that Thumbtack is a private company.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

That's what I thought, but I wanted to discuss that with @Empathtisha as she mentioned TT was public.  I should have put that as a question in the Community. Sorry.

Thanks for clarifying

DJ Stevie 10-28-2019

Bryan1
Level 5

Fully aware seeing that I'm a very active stock trader. My question was to make a point based on someone's pontification.. 

@EmpathtishaA very insightful and interesting post. Most inspirational. This phone number is not in service.

Empathtisha
Level 5

Hi guys. My phone numbers are in service. I did have anotjer pro contact me. I am not a Thumbtack PR person. I am just like everyone else.
My numbers are 1-888-223-9360/1-833-467-2948 or my cell is 863+450-8075.
My experience has been amazing. My work is remote so I have access to Nationwide clients. My business has taken off since being a.psrt of Thumbtack.
I am. Life Coach so let ok g at the things that are working for me and adjusting things that don't is what I do.
Thumbtack has been refunding me for clients that I .charged for bit never respond.
Bit I assure you, I am just a regalar perdón that Thumbtack has really worked for. It is the only lead company I use.
jcp
Level 9

@Empathtisha. Wonderful that TT is working for you. You also have a small, unique service. You probably don’t have a lot of competition on this site. And I would be surprised if you were paying $26-$38 for leads. Most of us that are finding it truly costly on this site are in competitive fields I believe. I’ve been up against 5, 8 and once 28 other Pros. So you are in the right place! Good for you! I’m in Los Angeles with major competition in photography and videography. I’ve been with the site 4 years and the history of the triple costs increase and decrease of bookings is clearly all there in our payment history and past leads inbox. So it’s a fact based on our own history. Appreciate your enthusiasm and encouragement and wish you continued success of course.
Highlighted
Empathtisha
Level 5

You are right. I do have a unique opportunity due to being remote and having Nationwide access. My life coach leads are about what you have listed, bit my intuitive services are less expensove. You are right. I wish you the best as well. 😊
0 Kudos
Bryan1
Level 5

Here's a good one..... I was "exact matched" with a customer that contacted 12 other Pros. The customer lead came in and states that they want my availability. If I reach out to the customer within a few hrs., and they respond back that they hired someone else, or basically any other reply, then I'm out the $$$. How is this beneficial to Pros? Change the system back to the 5 Pro bid limitation, and get rid of this instant match that SO many Pros have expressed disappointment with. 

Please, please inform the customer that EACH Pro they contact is charged XYZ! 

Contacted 12 pros • 3 responded
Get back to XXX by 10:46am tomorrow. After 24 hours, your rank in search results may drop.

joeyberta
Level 5

That’s right.
Many businesses as ours know the fact that a client should look for +/- 3 estimates, quotes, whatever you want to call it, in order to make a decision.
Based on my experience in many years in business, there are the price shoppers, the cheapos, folks that want the best and fastest for the cheapest price.
These people get 10+ quotes and by the end they get so confused with all the different prices and profiles that they decide,
they don’t want to do anything until the next year and they don’t even know what planet they’re living on.
0 Kudos
jcp
Level 9

Awhile back I started informing customers that we are charged a fee. I inform all leads - not up front of course - but at some point and in the most positive way possible. I don’t want them coming back to the site in the future and clicking on 10 people again without this knowledge. All my customers have said if they knew of the fee when clicking on pros they would have approached differently.! Customers don’t want to see us small businesses spend money on a click. They don’t. I wouldn’t want that for another pro. Truly, ask Thumbtack customers. Especially when they cost is so high. Price Assurance is a start - but the hard cold fact is the triple increase in price is killing us. My insight report for last week was $85 - 1 lead - 138 views - 0 booked.